Previeuw of my mod : SRB2B (New downloadlink!)

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Connor said:
Dude, the wad he posted here, was just words saying "Rouge", that was all the play sprites, plus, i don't expect, i just hope an srb2 styled one comes up soon
Dude, I'm not stupid. I was the first to download the wad, and I knew that it was a joke before you even woke up to browse the forums. You can even ask DarkWarrior.

And you better keep hoping, because I don't see an SRB2-styled Rouge coming any time soon. If you want it that badly I suggest you bother CZ64 until his ears bleed.

I frown upon the idea of a Crazy gadget level. It was TORTURE to me, it took me about 16 tries, and I was even using Action Replay! 16 times WITH Action Replay. It's my least favorite level of all video games, except Mountian Caves, a level in Spyro the Dragon with giant, mechanical spiders. (Well, they aren't technically spiders because they only have six legs, but they're still UBER creepy) And the one level in Shadow the Hedgehog with the 20 small bombs and 5 big ones, and the hero partner is Knuckles... I think it's called Central City.

You got it right. Central City, Hero partner is Knuckles. The 5 big bombs are easy. The 20 little ones are tough. Trust me.

OnTopic: Pretty nice, but if you want this to EXACTLY resemble SA2B, you have a LOT of work to do.

I'll Begin said:
Crazy Gadget shouldn't be too hard. There's not many slopes and you can use Lindef Executors for gravity switches.

I thought that sf94 was working on that..

Or was it the other space level?

-Zupersonic

I guess I can reinstall srb2 and doombuilder, and make the space level that sonic and shadow fight on(if noone else is doing it).

roboegg99 said:
(and my levels are playable)

If by playable you mean made entirely of extremely wide, tall, and long sectors with bad Ring placement and too many/few enemies... Then yes, by those standards your levels are playable. But nobody has fun when they have to go through a sector so long that it breaks the Software renderer and takes thirty seconds to run all the way across. When levels' wall textures start jumping around that's your cue to stop.
Really. Levels like the ones you make are just as unfun as cramped levels. Only with really large levels, people stretch the size so people have to stay in the painful level longer.
Also, some texture choices are extremely horrible simply because they don't match up on the sides. That is all the rant I can bother to give to you right now, but maybe sometime later I can nitpick some more about the hugeness and no-sky-on-wallsness of your levels?

This rant not only goes out to Roboegg99, but to all those other people who make insanely large sectors. Please, just stop and save the eyes of the few who don't have enough sense to not download those horrible levels.

I hope you all realise that these are all gonna get changed, when I get to them at least, because it comes to mods like this, or at least ones I'm involved in, I'm a critic, and these levels WILL be fixed to be a lot better

Zupersonic said:
I'll Begin said:
Crazy Gadget shouldn't be too hard. There's not many slopes and you can use Lindef Executors for gravity switches.

I thought that sf94 was working on that..

Or was it the other space level?

-Zupersonic
Yeah. That was Cannon's Core if I'm not mistaken.

Eternal Engine could be done through some heavy Soccing. The bit at the end could consist of a few doors and some socced enemies. Destroy the enemies and the doors will open, revealing the Goal Post.

Actually, you could easily replace the Goal Post with a Goal Ring, through sprite replacement, and perhaps soccing to change the animations if SRB2 lets you.

So, I tried this for the first time and it has some major flaws.

-Too linear. Even the real SA2B levels were less linear.

-The levels are too short. Maybe it felt too short because of the linearity, but you should expand it a bit.

-There should be more obstacles.

-As bluezero4 mentioned, make negative gravity sectors for the fans.

This wad had some instances where it did feel a bit like SA2B in a good way. Fix these flaws and I think that it could turn out good.

Torgo said:
So, I tried this for the first time and it has some major flaws.

-Too linear. Even the real SA2B levels were less linear.

-The levels are too short. Maybe it felt too short because of the linearity, but you should expand it a bit.

-There should be more obstacles.

-As bluezero4 mentioned, make negative gravity sectors for the fans.

This wad had some instances where it did feel a bit like SA2B in a good way. Fix these flaws and I think that it could turn out good.

Ok, were gonna try to make it really awesome!

-Zupersonic

Goal post is done in the private version I am updating, a lot of different textures are done, screenies soon supplied

Nice wad.

The levels that should be in the mod are final rush sky rail green forest i got a better idea all levels in the mod with a SA2:B Sonic wad that wuld be the best.

Well, for quite a while, I have been out of touch with everyone part of the team, so I have just been updating it, but I hate myself for not making a backup of this wad because me stupid SD card screwed up and it had ALL of my srb2 stuff on it, including my SRB2F stuff, I almost fainted when it wouldn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back