Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.
the truth

got the game and its not all to be expected... i mean wow...
its possible to have all 550 pokemon..
and its possible to have all the legendaries...
and its even possible to fight aganst anyother player
it the whole world...
but its only satisfying to a certain degree..

the graphics are low quality....
the game is slow... (super laggy) (especially when on wfc)
and some parts of the game
(in which are supposed to be cool and new actually are lame)
and certail things that are expected to be in the game arent...
you also have to go through extremeties to fill the pokedex...
i mean tell me if im cruel or not its just that..
i dont have 3 years to waste filling it up

but dont take my word for it
try it your self so you can say its not worth it

i'll just wait for the next one to come out...

I think we can all say, this is bull. Not to be rude, but this information is humorously incorrect, I don't don't see how you came up with these ridiculous ideas.

In responce to your post...mrcs5,

Well...of course you can get all of them...it's called TRADING

And fighting other people is HIGHLY flawed...You have to have they'r friend code to fight them, and as for public battles...you only fight then in the battle tower...and you only fight NPC versions of them

As for graphics...it's all how you see it...I would rather they do these grphics then 3D, Why? Because 2D games can pwn 3D ones (Not saying they always do, but they can)

As for laggy, What are you playing the game on? An Atari?It was running fine for me, as for online...well...DUH! It's using Nintendo's crappy internet system

What do you mean you don't want to fill the pokedex? Who said ya had ta? Do what I and millions of billions of people do...DON'T DO IT! The pokedex thing is supposed to be on the side...something to do if your a person that wants to play they'r game completly

you can import your pokemon from the GBA titles onto your copy of D/P, but you have to get the Sinnoh Pokedex first, iI believe, I'm not entirely sure.

You can import your Pokemon from the GBA games to the DS games, but it's one-way only, and only accessible after you see every Pokemon on the Sinnoh Dex.

Personally, I don't know what drugs mrcs5 is smoking, but it's obviously pretty powerful, because I don't get where he's coming from. I already filled my National Dex, the graphics outside of battle are awesome, and honestly, I turned off battle animations in Pokemon games about 9 years ago, so I couldn't really care less what the combat looks like.

The online play is great, I've used it many times with friends both online and offline, and the GTS is seriously the best thing to happen to the series in a while, despite the flaws. I don't know what you guys are complaining about with lag, either. It's a turn based game. If your ping is 1000, it doesn't matter at all.

Not to mention that they FINALLY fixed something that's annoyed me for years, by making the physical/special split, and in doing so added a TON of gameplay to the game, allowing for things like a physical electric sweeper.

Overall, I'd say Diamond and Pearl did EXACTLY what I wanted them to do. Now I admit, I'm in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" land, and this game certainly isn't breaking any new ground or be revolutionary in any way. It's simply Pokemon. Online. Precisely what I wanted to play.

If you're going to complain about graphics, mrcs5, you should just go buy a PS3 and be done with it. Though I suspect that would only motivate you to make another awful thread describing how much you hate the price and asking why Sony is forcing you to buy one.

If you're going to complain about having to complete the pokedex, don't. That has never been a valid argument because completing the pokedex has never been a mandatory goal. You don't even get anything worthwhile for doing so. If you wanted to you could solo the entire adventure and toss the game out once you beat the champion.

It's your own business if you don't want to like the new games, but don't run around the internet posting badly worded arguments trying to justify your position, especially if, at the end of your post, you're going to tell us not to take your word for it.

Also, for the record, you got the complete number of pokemon wrong, it's not quite 550.

Tets said:
You don't even get anything worthwhile for doing so.
I will note that I have a gold trainer card, and when I talk to the Pokemon Center lady, she knows me by name and asks whether or not I want "the usual".

I thought that was a great touch.

change of heart...

Mystic said:
You can import your Pokemon from the GBA games to the DS games, but it's one-way only, and only accessible after you see every Pokemon on the Sinnoh Dex.

Personally, I don't know what drugs mrcs5 is smoking, but it's obviously pretty powerful, because I don't get where he's coming from. I already filled my National Dex, the graphics outside of battle are awesome, and honestly, I turned off battle animations in Pokemon games about 9 years ago, so I couldn't really care less what the combat looks like.

The online play is great, I've used it many times with friends both online and offline, and the GTS is seriously the best thing to happen to the series in a while, despite the flaws. I don't know what you guys are complaining about with lag, either. It's a turn based game. If your ping is 1000, it doesn't matter at all.

Not to mention that they FINALLY fixed something that's annoyed me for years, by making the physical/special split, and in doing so added a TON of gameplay to the game, allowing for things like a physical electric sweeper.

Overall, I'd say Diamond and Pearl did EXACTLY what I wanted them to do. Now I admit, I'm in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" land, and this game certainly isn't breaking any new ground or be revolutionary in any way. It's simply Pokemon. Online. Precisely what I wanted to play.

well i guess... i didnt see it that way...
although the game isint perfect in my image...
its still a pretty good game

Re: change of heart...

mrcs5 said:
Mystic said:

well i guess... i didnt see it that way...
although the game isint perfect in my image...
its still a pretty good game

Then why did you you diss it with a truckload of some of the most ridiculus stories I've ever heard? And has there EVER been a perfect game? No. Besides, the perfect game would take more than double the space that they can fit on a disk, let alone a game card, it would probably take more space than the ultimate cheat, and there are'nt even computers can handle that.

The best game must have online, and a perfectly running mac version

Online and Mac versions make any game better

Unless it's a console game, whereas an online and nintendo version make everything better

The Ultimate Cheat just exits the game. It's not a godawfully powerful cheat that most current computers can't handle. Hell, even the most powerful supercomputer would exit SRB2 upon the Ultimate Cheat.

GCFreak said:
The Ultimate Cheat just exits the game. It's not a godawfully powerful cheat that most current computers can't handle. Hell, even the most powerful supercomputer would exit SRB2 upon the Ultimate Cheat.
You liar.

wow

I like the team galatic battle music.....the GTS trade system in pokemon pearl/diamond is...............COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some people trade low leveled pokemon and some other person trades a ledgendary without even knowing so you gotta be cairful. Plus i like the explorer kit you can steal your friends secret base flag and you can claim prizes. If you talk with people there and go up to the berry masters home near the home is a karate man who is hiding if you find him he will give you a odd keystone then you put the odd keystone in a well then a spiritomb will come and you have a chance to catch it.If you want help getting a riuolu so you can get evolve it to lucario and if you want a gible that evolves to gabite then garchomp just pm me if you want it i am not giving it away i am just telling you where it is plus dont ask me for ledgendarys i am not TRADING! phew that took long typing this. >_< Dont be suprised i have the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back