• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Other Big the Cat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a list of improvements you could make to your Big sprites. There might be more things to improve on that I haven't listed here yet though...

1. In the front diagonal standing sprite, lower the right eye so that it is level with the left one.
2. In the side standing sprite, move the pupil in his eye more to the right.
3. I'd suggest you redo the left shoe in the back diagonal standing frame, because it looks strange...
4. Don't make the shoes in the front and back diagonal jumping frames the same...
5. Think about how big Big is going to be. Remember that characters like Sonic have sprites of size 70x70 pixels, so Big shouldn't be too much bigger. The sprites of Big you've made so far seem much too big!!
6. I don't think those sprites are in the SRB2 Pallete.
7. Use better shading...

(Just in Case) Tip for sticking to the palette: While making the sprites, actually USE the palette's colors for your sprites' colors.

I can't wait to see this be made into a wad!

Just downloaded Big from ViluVector's forum. Looks pretty good; I'm gonna test it.

EDIT: Yeeeesh...even in highres, it's WAAAY too, uh, big!

I actually just downloaded and tested it. Well, let's just say this is one of the reasons that I think Big disappeared after SH. It took up 1/2 the screen, his manuverability was poor, and overall it just wasn't any fun to play. Had senku finished with that model one he made, that would have been cool (see kiro's big the cat topic)

Angelus_the_echidna said:
I actually just downloaded and tested it. Well, let's just say this is one of the reasons that I think Big disappeared after SH. It took up 1/2 the screen, his manuverability was poor, and overall it just wasn't any fun to play. Had senku finished with that model one he made, that would have been cool (see kiro's big the cat topic)

Well I had somewhat fun with this big WAD and wish well...that it was more fluid and smooth with animations and a tiny bit smaller....but I did love umbrella idea as a slow fall ablity.

Jadennova said:
of course Big's gonna be BIG what where you guys expecting NOT SO BIG ;p.

THIS Big is WAAAAY too big to be Big.

He DOES take up half the screen...and this is a highres skin! I'd say the WAD needs about at least a half-size reduction. Even better, do a two thirds or three quarters size reduction and disable highres, to make it work better in openGL.

Also, I HATE slow fall. HATE it. What would have been really cool is a SOC'd ability that makes him thok straight down and have an enemy-killing shockwave radiate out when he hits the ground.

In fact, if I have the time, I might do the size reduction myself. I'm no good at soccing, though.

fawfulfan said:
Jadennova said:
of course Big's gonna be BIG what where you guys expecting NOT SO BIG ;p.

THIS Big is WAAAAY too big to be Big.

He DOES take up half the screen...and this is a highres skin! I'd say the WAD needs about at least a half-size reduction. Even better, do a two thirds or three quarters size reduction and disable highres, to make it work better in openGL.

Also, I HATE slow fall. HATE it. What would have been really cool is a SOC'd ability that makes him thok straight down and have an enemy-killing shockwave radiate out when he hits the ground.

In fact, if I have the time, I might do the size reduction myself. I'm no good at soccing, though.

Okay 1/3 smaller and what about one jump that slam thing you want and double click the umbrella thing I like that sounds like a fair compremise don't you think so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back