Official Level Design Contest: September-December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neo Chaotikal said:
Ritz said:
Matter of fact, any wad that's been created since the Releases forum's conception (Which wasn't made by either Mystic, Tets, FuriousFox or Digiku) is a good example of how not to make a wad in general, but I digress.
Thanks. :E

I hope that's sarcasm. Though I guess you can't help but feel that at least 80% of the Releases board is complete crap. :\

Neo Chaotikal said:
Yes you did. Yet, I still have no idea what a 'circut' is.
"Circut", as I know it, is a synonym for race, except for the fact that it refers mostly to maps that use laps, hence my hesitance for the exit sctor. However, a map like I have in mind would be extermely tedious to go through twice.
Also, I just thought the fact that a character had to be able to roll in my map might disqualify it.
And, not surprisingly, all 8 emeralds concertated in one area and forcibly collected might as well be an instant disqualification. I'm just surprised noone has a link to the disqualification standards.

I think Neo's kidding. Jokingly assuming that the mispelled word 'Circut' is actually a diffrent thing from 'Circuit'.

Someone needs to step forward and actually release something WORTHWHILE in that forum.

Ah, sod it, I WILL. :|

Mystic died back to WoW land. Not only that, last time I was on IRC with him, he forgot his FTP pass. Whether or not he got it back from some Sepwich administrator, I don't know.

Ok, want an official update? Here it is, as far as I'm aware.

1) Mystic's e-mail is back. However, that does NOT mean that you should be submitting for this contest.
2) Mystic is in WoW land. He rarely pops his head back here any more.
3) Mystic has forgotten his FTP pass. Any submissions at this point are pointless and a waste of time.
4) This contest is postponed until we get some semblence of organization for whatever happens.

Well YAY. We might as well just kill the contest altogether. :\

I'm about ready to just do the contest by myself! Jeez.

God, they might aswell merge this contest with January/February, making this the largest-span bimonthly level design contest in SRB2 history.

GCFreak said:
God, they might aswell merge this contest with January/February, making this the largest-span bimonthly level design contest in SRB2 history.

The largest level design contest would look like if it lasted for a year or something

JJames19119 said:
Well YAY. We might as well just kill the contest altogether. :\

I'm about ready to just do the contest by myself! Jeez.

Yeah, I'm also about ready to talk to FF about someone taking over the contest. I offered to do it in IRC, but that was at...3AM? Not like anyone read that line. =P

I would say maybe FF himself could do it since he's an admin and he did a good job with this topic (I know it was just copy paste but it's typoless and that's what counts!) but if he can't do it, someone has to.

If Mystic makes that call, DW would be a great candidate. Hell, he should do all the next contests too if Mystic doesn't sort this out.

JJames19119 said:
I would say maybe FF himself could do it since he's an admin and he did a good job with this topic (I know it was just copy paste but it's typoless and that's what counts!) but if he can't do it, someone has to.

The problem is that FF absolutely REFUSES to listen to my advice and get himself a Sepwich account. He can't very well host a contest with no webspace.

I got tons and tons of webspace. 5 GB disk space and 250 GB bandwidth per month. I could easily host any contest files and any future contest files if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back