New Ben 10 movie: Race Against Time!

Do you think Ben 10: Race Against Time will be a good movie?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hopefully it will be good....

• No......

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was suggesting surgically remove him with it, but I was just kidding.
I don't like the show and the movie was RIDICULOUSLY corny. I like plenty of shows that you probably don't and I'm not trying to be mean so I'll just leave it at that.

Well, at least you were polite instead of yelling " Boo! Ben 10 sucks! "
It was good for a TV movie though, don't you think?

Hmm...I'll say that for a tv movie the effects were half decent, but the acting and jokes really ruined it for me.
Though I'm 17 so it kind of seems like common sense that I wouldn't like it...I dunno

Chaos said:
It wasn't bad, but the story sucked, and the effects were cheap.

Let me rephrase, for a Cartoon Network movie, the effects were okay.
Yeah, I didn't like the story either, Onoz, my ppl r dying, I'm gunna use ur world 2 sav3 t3m. Ben saves the world then goes to a talent show and gets SECOND place lol. The talent show might have been a reference to what the director though of his own movie. :P

Kaysakado said:
Or, better yet, Ben 10 never existed. Then we would all be happy!

He should just've killed his great grandfather.
Or have killed thw founding fathers and crap, and people like Bush.

Great show, terrible movie: just about the worst movie I have ever seen, in fact. The frequent slow-mos and double/triple/multiple takes break up the flow of the movie: The most horrid example of this being the scene where the rust bucket blows up: Any weight that event had was destroyed by the multi-take, which ironically is an effect used to heighten the thrill of an event.

Furthermore, the movie tried too hard to imitate the show, keeping in the ridiculously long pre-fight dialog(as seen in the first scene), transformations disconnected from the setting(which is something used to reduce production costs of a series overall anyways, due to the frequency of the event... this reason does not apply here), skipping events that deal with allies(the plumbers getting locked up)/belittling alternative heroes(the police never putting up a fight) in favor of rushing to the main character's role(Something that is done in a cartoon series due to the fact that each episode usually has to be a complete story in and of itself, and due to time constraints must focus on the main character, whom the show is about, to further the plot). All of these things are passable in an animated show, either due to restraints or because the medium allows for it to be a neutral or positive attribute, but do not have any place in a live action film, even one made for TV and based on an animated series.

Then there is the issue of foreshadowing, or the lack there-of. Nearly every revelation in the movie seemed to be something pulled out of the writer's ass as he went along, not something that was being led up to, or heaven forbid something that makes sense and explains other aspects of the movie.

Special effects: they fucking suck. Every laser effect, energy ball, crystal spike, ball of fire, every last one of those things were computer animation, and every last piece of it seemed horribly disconnected from what was actually happening in the scene. Why not use a real laser(as in a laser pointer) for Max's wrench, and perform a practical burn effect on the photo it hit? Why not coordinate the acting and special effect generation to make CG projectiles seem more like they are really the cause of what happens in the scene? Why not display some fucking recoil for god's sake!? The CG effects seemed tacked on, like a last minute addition by the editing department(which needs to be burned to the ground, BTW), not like an integral part of the film, which they are.

Humor needs work. There are a few good jokes, but they are few and far in between, and seem to be more the work of the actors than the writers(Max looking for the right garage remote to open the gate at the chem lab gave me a good chuckle). The rest of the humor just seemed retarded and forced.

The director and writers of Ben Ten: Race Against Time treated this as though it were a just another episode, and a bad one at that. Precise control cannot be exercised when producing a live action film, and you need to work with what the actors, and the unexpected dish out to create a movie. At least in this instance, Cartoon Network has shown that they do not know this, and cared too little to improve when faced with bad results. I watched most of the movie, but stopped watching 10 minutes before the end; I have a great tolerance for temporary incompetence, and I tend to hold out in hopes of finding diamond in the rough. Such hope was not warranted, here.

-Prime 2.0

Time to respond to these posts.

Prime 2.0 said:

That big furry thing's mouth (you know, the thing you see at the end) looks like its mouth was just added to it with paint or something. The story is just stupid. It got to the point TOO DAMN QUICKLY. And the acting, humor, and scenes were corny. Remember that scene where he had to escape from the car? That looked so cheap and fake.

And Diamond Head was all we needed. :3

And also:
Almost everyone here seems to care about that crap more than the good stuff.

Doesn't that explain why we hate Ben 10?
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Its a kid show...
Name a better kids' show then.[/quote]
Everything else.
Maou-Shin Daioka said:
The Ben 10 series hasn't gone anywhere decently plotwise, nor does it have any outstanding traits or innovations, to make it a decent animation.

It. Sucks.
THE TRUTH
BlazingPhoenix said:
Just seeing the opening of Ben 10 made me think it was crap.
Yes, the awful tunes and lyrics make it worse.
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
Please delete your post, Sykotic.
LOL @ anger over a crap show
Chaos said:
No Ben Ten.

PERIOD. And his last name makes me laugh.
And I still believe this.
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
I loved Race Against Time. That...was awesome. Definitely better than Reanimated. Waaaay better than Reanimated.
*giggle* REANIMATED was better than this. Even the cheap crap on Nick.
SONIC'S SENTRY said:
...and kill him? But that would screw up the rest of the series.
It's bad enough, damn.
XsoniccoreX (814) said:
Chaos said:
Kaysakado said:
Or, better yet, Ben 10 never existed. Then we would all be happy!

Gwen saves him with luv! ololoasdpda
I know. It was SO freaking GAY!

He should just've killed his great grandfather.
Or have killed thw founding fathers and crap, and people like Bush.

Chaos ftw.
GO ME!

OK....guess what?
I realized that this movie sucks.
How?
My dad told me how much of a letdown it was.
He likes Ben 10, but he did not like this movie. He only liked the first 20 minutes. But the rest of the movie was a letdown to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back