New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Extra Stages? Do you mean Special Stages?
IIRC Sonic 2 is that only that does that,Sonic 1, 3, CD uses big rings.
Any it already uses Big rings so why use both?
Sonic 2 used the star posts for Specilal Stages while S3, S&K, and S3&k used them for bonus Stages

Sonic 3 had the gumball machine, S&K used a fusion of S1 special stage and slot machine and a gravity orb type of bonus stage, while S3&K had all 3.

But the only thing that matters here is the gameplay, as it's inspired by the old games.
Is it inspired enough to let go of the Rush physics? The levels might be good, but I don't trust a bad engine.

Hopefully this does happen to be a fun game for people anyway, but I've already decided it's not what I'm looking for. I know better than to trust Colors as well.

Is it inspired enough to let go of the Rush physics? The levels might be good, but I don't trust a bad engine.
You don't have to trust it. But if the engine is your main point for skepticism, you should try the game out anyway. Who knows, maybe they improved it and it doesn't hold back the game?

Sonic Colors is getting more love because it isn't called Sonic Adventure 3 Episode 1 flooded with re-hashed material and Rush physics.
Or, atleast that's what I think.

Last edited:
Sonic Colors is getting more love because its not called Sonic Adventure 3 Episode 1 and isn't flooded with re-hashed material and Rush physics.

(I'm joking, don't shoot.)
No, Sonic Colors is more popular because it has genuinely good ideas put into it that are more refreshing and interesting. Sonic 4 seems too much of a "more of the same" kind of thing, and I don't like how the physics seem to be carried out.
Sonic Colors on the DS seems like a Sonic Rush 3, which is incredibly disappointing because Sonic Rush is pretty much a mindless boost fest where you can't see what the hell is in front of you, resulting in your crashing into walls every single minute.

If you're going to make a joke, don't make it the entire fucking point of your post, or you'll just make a fool out of yourself.

There's always people whining about Sonic 4. It doesn't matter to me if their points are good, I'm just sick of hearing pointless rantings. SEGA thought ahead and started making a current-gen game called Sonic Colors, and everybody who says they're more exited about Colors than 4 are those same whiny ranters.
Wait, so if I'm more hyped for Colors than 4 I'm a whiny ranter? Huh?
Well people don't say that they prefer sonic colors over sonic 4.
They mostly say that both of them looks like sucking but they say that sonic color looks more interesting then sonic 4. They are so retarded, they should atleast try them when they come out >.>
You basically just said what a previous poster said. I see nothing wrong with it. It sounds reasonable to be more excited for a FULL new Sonic game then a downloadable 2D one that will probably be finished much faster.
Rush...Rush..That is all I hear about.
How do you know that it has the same exact physics as Rush? And how do you know that the engine will be terrible? Now I agree that the physics should be something you should actually try out before complaining. Are you going to buy the 360 version? There should be a demo that you could possibly try out and judge for yourself soon. (If they make a demo >_>)

You basically just said what a previous poster said. I see nothing wrong with it. It sounds reasonable to be more excited for a FULL new Sonic game then a downloadable 2D one that will probably be finished much faster.

He didn´t mean that, he was saying that people in Sonic Fanbases instead of saying:

¨Sonic Colors looks kinda cool, I´ll buy it and see how good it really is, I´ll get it before Sonic 4¨

They like to go all show-off-ish, making a drama and saying things like:

¨Both games are horrible, they both look like sucking, SEGA is pathetic nowdays, but Colors is lame, but doesn´t look as horripilant as Sonic 4, so I am getting Colors instead.¨

No, Sonic Colors is more popular because it has genuinely good ideas put into it that are more refreshing and interesting. Sonic 4 seems too much of a "more of the same" kind of thing, and I don't like how the physics seem to be carried out.
Sonic Colors on the DS seems like a Sonic Rush 3, which is incredibly disappointing because Sonic Rush is pretty much a mindless boost fest where you can't see what the hell is in front of you, resulting in your crashing into walls every single minute.

You do know everything you said is summed up in my post. Right?
Welp.

Well for my part when ever there is a sonic game announce i'm all exited and i buy it as soon as it come's out.

I think Sonic colors going to have the same effect like Sonic unleashed. What i mean is when they showed some trailer of Unleashed everyone said it will suck but when it came out they ran out of copies.

Well, they ran out of copies, but everyone still thought it sucked. As you can see, SEGA did their marketing really well. The quality of the games doesn't even matter, they sell a shitton of copies.

I actually didn't hear too much negative hype over Sonic Colors, reception has been mostly positive, á la "oh cool, Unleashed without werehog plus something new with the wisps". Maybe making Sonic 4 and Sonic Colors simultaneously was a good move. All the self-proclaimed "retro fans" are too busy complaining about Sonic 4 to actually complain about Sonic Colors. And both of them will definitely sell a lot.

Well yeah maybe for others night stage sucked but for me any sonic games are perfect in their own way. I can't understand how people can hate a sonic game and call them self a real fan D:

All they hated were the Night Levels, for absoluteley no logic reason.
That's a load of bullshit. The night levels took up three quarters of the Wii game, had some bad control mechanics and repetitive, linear level design, and didn't share any relation to a Sonic game. There's plenty of reasons for people not to like it. Quit making it out like people simply hate Sonic games for the sake of hating Sonic games.

That's a load of bullshit. The night levels took up three quarters of the Wii game, had some bad control mechanics and repetitive, linear level design, and didn't share any relation to a Sonic game. There's plenty of reasons for people not to like it. Quit making it out like people simply hate Sonic games for the sake of hating Sonic games.

Well if you compared the wii version to the PS3 version of course it was not as good. You know that wii and ps3 games always have great difference and most of the time the wii version isn't as good but still if you only have a wii the game is pretty enjoyable but i got to say they shouldn't have made so many stage that takes like 20 min to do on the wii version.

Well if you compared the wii version to the PS3 version of course it was not as good. You know that wii and ps3 games always have great difference and most of the time the wii version isn't as good but still if you only have a wii the game is pretty enjoyable but i got to say they shouldn't have made so many stage that takes like 20 min to do on the wii version.
Huh? The PS3 was just as terrible as the Wii version. Even if the PS3 had more moves, it still had the same problems.

Huh? The PS3 was just as terrible as the Wii version. Even if the PS3 had more moves, it still had the same problems.

Well for his first slow platforming i found it pretty good and the level up system worked bether on the PS3 because atleast you can level up by only doing day stage instead of doing the night stage over and over. ANYWAY, i don't know why i always prefered the 3D games of sonic then the 2D one's even tough i grow up with them but i'm still going to buy Sonic 4 but i'm kinda deceived of the soundtrack. It really isn't as good as the 3 other's :S

You do know everything you said is summed up in my post. Right?
Welp.
You do know your entire post was pretty much a summary of everyone else's but with no explanation of anything, which makes the entire thing pointless, while mine at least brought up an opinion instead of a point that's been made countless times by now and not very relevant to what's been going on?

One thing I don't like this game's idea of reusing bosses. I'm not going to have fun fighting the GHZ3's Eggman for the third time unless they make it interesting in someway ("panic mode" isn't very interesting) and Homing Attack isn't overpowered -- as it almost always is against bosses.
I can't say much in terms of level design because I haven't cared to look up many videos of it, but from what I've seen it doesn't seem to be that bad, though there's an overuse of Springs. The levels don't seem to flow like they did in the classics, meaning that this game would require more trial-and-error and memorization, rather than flowing from one place to another.
The fact that you can't see what's ahead of you is also a bad thing. I never understood why this problem is never taken care of -- if you can't see what's ahead of you, how the hell are you going to be able to play through levels without making a blind jump or hoping you don't run into a wall of spikes? It also gives an incredibly cluttered feeling, which I've always disliked in Sonic games.
I don't care for the music, but it sounds really uninspired and boring.
And the ridiculous price and the (apparently) small amount of Zones is incredibly disappointing.

That's a load of bullshit. The night levels took up three quarters of the Wii game, had some bad control mechanics and repetitive, linear level design, and didn't share any relation to a Sonic game.

Ahem, that would be on the Wii version, in PS360, instead of being lotsa ridiculous missions, they were acts.

Day stages had 3 Acts for each continent wich took up to 5 or 6 minutes. And 3 extra Hot Dog Missions wich took up to 5 or 6 minutes.
While Night Stages had 2 Acts, where each of them took around 10 or 13 Minutes. And 2 Hot Dog Missions.
(All Hot Dog Missions are altered versions of the first act, so I don´t know if they can count as Stages)

As I admit the Wii Night Stages had ridicously awful control mechanics that were a stupid improvisation Sonic Team randomly imagined while doing the lazy-ass porting of Sonic Unleashed. The PS360 was a different story. Actually, those were one of the most comfortable and easy-to-remember controls I´ve seen.

X: Jump
Circle: Grab/Hold Item
Square: Light Slashes
Triangle: Heavy Punches

L1: Shield (Dodge, Roll, Uppercut and Shield-Breaker depending if you press another button during shield time)
L2: Sprint
R1: (Hold for Unleashed Mode)
R2: Sprint

The Wii was a horrible port, and since most people have a Wii instead of a PS3/Xbox 360, they got to play that despicable piece of garbage who dares to call itself with the same name as the REAL Sonic Unleashed.

Something tells me you've never played the 360/PS3 one, because anyone who has knows that the Wii version is far less polished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back