New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't understand how people can hate a sonic game and call them self a real fan D:
There's a small but important difference between "fan" and "mindless fanboy". The former likes the franchise for its good titles but doesn't hesitate to criticize what he doesn't like, while the latter simply loves everything with the name "Sonic" stamped on it. I don't know what this distinction between "real" and "unreal" fans is supposed to be. Next thing you know, people will start calling others "traitors" who "betrayed" the series and bullshit like that. I mean, these are videogames. If you like 'em, you like 'em. If not, why bother?

Something tells me you've never played the 360/PS3 one, because anyone who has knows that the Wii version is far less polished.

I own Sonic Unleashed Wii and Sonic Unleashed 360.
Yes, the Wii version is less polished. But they still both have the same problems and reasons why they are both terrible.

Eh...Why are you talking about Sonic Unleashed?
Aren't you supposed to talk about Sonic 4, or something?

There's a small but important difference between "fan" and "mindless fanboy". The former likes the franchise for its good titles but doesn't hesitate to criticize what he doesn't like, while the latter simply loves everything with the name "Sonic" stamped on it. I don't know what this distinction between "real" and "unreal" fans is supposed to be. Next thing you know, people will start calling others "traitors" who "betrayed" the series and bullshit like that. I mean, these are videogames. If you like 'em, you like 'em. If not, why bother?

I know, i know but it's just sad that ALOT of people say's that all sonic game's after Sonic Adventure 2 suck and that we shouldn't buy them. It's just that i feel that the games of sonic those days are so underrated and thanks to websites that does game reviews it really doesn't help because they just tell the bad sad of the games and not the good side's

I know, i know but it's just sad that ALOT of people say's that all sonic game's after Sonic Adventure 2 suck and that we shouldn't buy them. It's just that i feel that the games of sonic those days are so underrated and thanks to websites that does game reviews it really doesn't help because they just tell the bad sad of the games and not the good side's

If the bad side is bad enough, I'd find a review perfectly acceptable to shine on that part.

Fable has a lot of problems(mainly the failed promises like GROWING TREES) but it's a good game because it's good parts outshine the bad.

If the bad side is bad enough, I'd find a review perfectly acceptable to shine on that part.

Fable has a lot of problems(mainly the failed promises like GROWING TREES) but it's a good game because it's good parts outshine the bad.

It's just that they are being a little unfair with Sonic games. I mean there are some games that really sucks but they have higher ranks then some sonic games. Like the website give them a 5/10 and the user give it a 2/10 but some sonic game have the website rank 3/10 but the user vote like 6.5/10

It's just that they are being a little unfair with Sonic games. I mean there are some games that really sucks but they have higher ranks then some sonic games. Like the website give them a 5/10 and the user give it a 2/10 but some sonic game have the website rank 3/10 but the user vote like 6.5/10

A reviewer has different opinions from everyone else. The users may find the game better/worse than the reviewers, but at the end of the day all we can really say is that's their opinion, they're welcome to change it or explain to us why they think that way but that's about it.

I would give Sonic and the Black Knight a 1/10. A reviewer might give it 7/10, whereas users would give it 8/10.

I know, i know but it's just sad that ALOT of people say's that all sonic game's after Sonic Adventure 2 suck and that we shouldn't buy them.

But people only say that because sonic's games after Sonic Adventure 2 really do suck, and you really shouldn't buy them.

The case with most of the Sonic games like supersonic45 said is there's just way too many bad things to really like the good things. They aren't 100% terrible though.

I think I'll have to skip out on Sonic 4. 15 dollars is asking a bit too much just for four zones. I also just preordered Sonic Colors and bought Super Mario Galaxy 2.

I'll see if its worth a buy. After all, I may change my mind.

But people only say that because sonic's games after Sonic Adventure 2 really do suck, and you really shouldn't buy them.

Really? They always say ¨Recent Games Suck¨ but they never give out an example. If there is a phrase stating that ¨Recent Games Suck¨, it means that majority of the games have been below average of expectations. Yet, yet, it is impossible to name a bad recent Sonic Game for each year. Or... is it?

...it means that majority of the games have been below average of expectations. Yet, yet, it is impossible to name a bad recent Sonic Game for each year. Or... is it?
Why is it so hard for you to understand that they just can't make a very good game anymore? It's either love or hate, and you don't seem to be understanding what the "hate" part is about, and instead dish it off as petty fanboyism and purist opinions.

Last edited:
Sonic 2006, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic and the Black Knight, and Sonic Unleashed Wii.

Well, that was easy.

And why is so hard for you to name at least 4 reasonably bad games?
Can't you just look around?
Christ, I shouldn't have to explain a redundant point that you refuse to understand, simply because you can't see what's wrong with current Sonic games. Why is it that people that don't like the games are biased purists when there's good opinions given around all the time on this very message board?

I totally agree with the "Love it or hate it"

Sonic Team has been pulling a lot of crap. Its either linear on-rail gameplay, glitch fests, stupid storylines with too many characters, enemy spam, extra gimmicks to extend gameplay length, and more.

I'm going to be honest, I actually liked all these games. But I can't deny the fact they have a lot of faults in them which makes me understand why people hate the latest games.

Sonic 2006, Shadow the Hedgehog, Sonic and the Black Knight, and Sonic Unleashed Wii.

I hope you atleast finished them before saying that they are bad. Ok yes 06 is very glitchy but if they took time to fix them it would have been a great game. Sonic Unleashed of the wii is good...if you didn't play the PS3 version.

I hope you atleast finished them before saying that they are bad. Ok yes 06 is very glitchy but if they took time to fix them it would have been a great game. Sonic Unleashed of the wii is good...if you didn't play the PS3 version.
Opinions are opinions. I know you might like them, but a majority don't.
Sonic Unleashed IMO is half good half bad. So I guess you could have some fun with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back