New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if any of you listened to this yet, but some guy made Splash Hill's music. I don't actually know if he listened for the music in the leaked video and remade it for us to hear, or this is just something he made up, but it's a nice little tune regardless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=933XXDm8wAk&annotation_id=annotation_295494&feature=iv

Then he made it 16-bit for us to hear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNRgc_odvaI&feature=channel

Sounds like a mix between Seaside Hill and Green Hill.

Greg, How about you wait for the demo, play that and then decide whether you think the game is good or not?

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=116479

Details from a Game Informer interview with Takashi Iizuka...
- If your a fan of Tails and Knuckles, you should be pleased with Episode 2
- Ep. 1 is a prologue
- spin dash, rolling attack, homing attack and a new move
- “I wanted the user to enjoy an easy-to-play feeling by the attack sequence that this [homing attack] allows, and find the fun routes in the air.”
- classic special stages
- Classic Sonic Gameplay, classic Sonic speed, no floaty gameplay, Says Izuka.
- Not 3-D, but all CG pre-render.
- Gamers will get classic “try again” ending if not successful when attempting to collect all the chaos emeralds. If you get all emeralds, you'll get the cliffhanger ending for episode 2.
- “If Sonic 4’s return to form is the Sonic experience you have been waiting 16 years for, then we strongly encourage you to try this.”

http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=116479

Details from a Game Informer interview with Takashi Iizuka...
- If your a fan of Tails and Knuckles, you should be pleased with Episode 2
- Ep. 1 is a prologue
- spin dash, rolling attack, homing attack and a new move
- “I wanted the user to enjoy an easy-to-play feeling by the attack sequence that this [homing attack] allows, and find the fun routes in the air.”
- classic special stages
- Classic Sonic Gameplay, classic Sonic speed, no floaty gameplay, Says Izuka.
- Not 3-D, but all CG pre-render.
- Gamers will get classic “try again” ending if not successful when attempting to collect all the chaos emeralds. If you get all emeralds, you'll get the cliffhanger ending for episode 2.
- “If Sonic 4’s return to form is the Sonic experience you have been waiting 16 years for, then we strongly encourage you to try this.”

Eh, I'll take their word for it. The game already looks to have some potential.

I kinda like how the developers have inserted non-GHZ gimmicks (the grab-on slider from Launch Base, Altitude Limit) and badniks (Marble Garden's Bubbles) into the GHZ-like Splash Hill. It's slightly refreshing.

I do hope we get Super Sonic in the regular stages, in addition to that preview of Episode 2.

New moves? "Fun" air routes?

spiderss.jpg

Dunno, we haven't actually seen them in action, have we? Kind of vague to begin with anyway.

That was a REALLY good joke he did there.

*whispers*

Wait, he was serious? Holy **** that guy definately has some problems. Yup, Half Life 2 failed, Sam and Max failed and Star Wars definately, without a doubt, failed because it was episodic. Mosty of those points he has there and stupid and childish. And yes, a stubby blue fat 11 year old ****ing hedgehog can run around at the speed of sound. Yup, Sonic may need no logic, but it needs some. And what's this? Robotnik? Holy **** he doesn't know the history of Sonic at ALL. I would love to shove in his face that it's Eggman.

I'm taking this seriously in case he does. If it's a joke, then consider this part of it. :3

That was a REALLY good joke he did there.

*whispers*

Wait, he was serious? Holy **** that guy definately has some problems. Yup, Half Life 2 failed, Sam and Max failed and Star Wars definately, without a doubt, failed because it was episodic. Mosty of those points he has there and stupid and childish. And yes, a stubby blue fat 11 year old ****ing hedgehog can run around at the speed of sound. Yup, Sonic may need no logic, but it needs some. And what's this? Robotnik? Holy **** he doesn't know the history of Sonic at ALL. I would love to shove in his face that it's Eggman.

I'm taking this seriously in case he does. If it's a joke, then consider this part of it. :3

Hook, line, and sinker. How embarrassing.

I probably won't really buy the game with the info I do have, mainly that, and I'm sorry if I agree with the guy above and revive something, but this doesn't look like Sonic 4...

For one thing, in Sonic 3, there were multiple characters to play as. Yes, this is important to me because I like playing as Tails and being able to fly. In Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Tails and Knux were playable and, more to the point, there was a variety of gameplay. There was even co-op mode, which is actually one of the reasons I love SRB2 so much, it has co-op and variety like Sonic 3.

So right now with the info I have to go off of, I don't like the game so far, and I hope SEGA will make some changes that would make me want to buy it. But if not, I'll just play this. To be honest I thought I landed in heaven when I first found this game. 3-D Sonic game with cute cell-shaded graphics, the ability to play as Tails and level design that actually looks good? Why can't SEGA do this?

That's the question I still ask, but if they can manage to make a real Sonic 4 I'll be impressed...

I kind of agree. I REALLY don't like Sonic 1, and this is what it seems to turn out to be. But, hopefully, the controls and sloppiness will be ridden of (it's a word) and fixed. The level design seems interesting and hopefully, it will turn out to be something that will attract me to the classics unlike the others.

I kind of agree. I REALLY don't like Sonic 1, and this is what it seems to turn out to be. But, hopefully, the controls and sloppiness will be ridden of (it's a word) and fixed. The level design seems interesting and hopefully, it will turn out to be something that will attract me to the classics unlike the others.

Honestly I played Sonic 3 before 1 and 2 and it ruined me for them both since Sonic 1 and 2 are just crushed in comparison to 3, and 3 isn't exactly the best game compared to the Sonic & Knuckles lock-on...

I think people will be more attracted to a game that takes from what Sonic 3 started, a real Sonic 4, and not a Sonic 1 remake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back