New 2D Sonic game "Sonic the Hedgehog 4" announced for 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may just be a minor aesthetic thing, but does anyone else dislike how much the grass looks like plastic in Splash Hill?
Granted, the grass in Sonic 1,2,3 never really looked all that much like grass...it still didn't look so shiny.

We can curse now? :O

Anyways, I think this terrible has been terrible at the start.

"OH NOEZ, GREEN EYES"
"Rehash rehash rehash!"
"Boycott Sonic 4 and get Sonic 1!"
"OMG, his feet are too long"

You doing nothing but complaining about it for God knows how long makes you no better.

It may just be a minor aesthetic thing, but does anyone else dislike how much the grass looks like plastic in Splash Hill?
Granted, the grass in Sonic 1,2,3 never really looked all that much like grass...it still didn't look so shiny.

Yea it looks like they just placed wax on the ground and called it new generation graphics for sonic 2-D. They could have been more detailed. Heck, Sonic Advance had better grass than this.

You know, I actually like Splash Hill's appearance except for that shine in the plastic grass. It makes me wonder when we'll get a 2D Sonic where the visuals are supposed to be plastic and fake (kind of like how much of the scenery for Yoshi's Story looked as if it were cut-out cardboard).

...I can't tell if that would be cool or not.

Not really. The flowers in Sonic 1 spun in circles in Green Hill Zone. Plus, the flowers don't look as ugly (in my opinion) as the grass.

I refuse to take you seriously, Greg. You're constantly going topsy-turvy on whether this game will rock or suck over the most minuscule of details.

"Sonic the Hedgehog 4 was announced even though they didn't give us any trailers or previews to how it will look or play! This game will ROCK!"
"They're reusing a few enemies from older Sonic games! This game will SUCK!"
"A leaked video preview came out and suddenly my mind has changed! This game will ROCK!"
"They're making a lot of callbacks to the original Green Hill Zone! This game will SUCK!"

I'm a Sonic fan, and I LOVE SONIC GAMES! Let's go onto a Sonic message board and rant about my wet dream for a Sonic game and how this upcoming SEGA title is NOT EVERYTHING I EXPECT IT TO BE!

This thread is starting to piss me off.
Miniscule details? Excuse me? I could've sworn that RubyEclipse said that this wasn't Sonic 1 HD. Oh sure, I see some Sonic 2, but really? Miniscule? What about standing on a slope? And that so called alpha gameplay.... Why did it look an awful lot like something Sayger will pass off as a finished product?

Please tell me you don't have low standards... Because you should expect much more from a professional company.

I know for sure that the rest of the gaming corporation is laughing at SEGA's failure with this franchise. SAYGER of Japan should take its power hungry hands off of this franchise and allow people who care to work on the games. People who have something we call IMAGINATION.

You know what? Topsy turvy is over. Sayger is going to fail no matter what. This isn't Sonic 4. Sayger lied to you..... AGAIN. If you eat this crap up again and pay them any more of your hard earned money you're going to have to try to put up with more terrible games.

I have my own plan of action at the time being: I'm refusing to buy any Sayger games from now on. The company doesn't deserve money unless it shows it can produce quality work for its own mascot. Unfortunately this will keep me from playing the few good Sega games, but they will certainly learn something from this. They don't produce quality work they don't get their money.

We have to make them cave in.

I really don't want to leave, but I do find myself a little peeved as well. You guys don't seem to understand that Sayger's playing you for chumps.... AGAIN. It's an endless..... Sonic cycle. The cycle has reinvented itself except with a noticeable lack of new characters in said cycle.

I'm sorry. I think I should leave and think. All I know is that this game now peeves me.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

His eyes were completely black before Sonic Adventure, and green when Super Sonic.

Now his eyes are normally green while red in Super Sonic.

Um.... WELL...

58658339084front.jpg

Subtle olive green.

I don't mind green eyes. I just mind the overall design and it isn't cutting it. It just isn't.

Guys, I know that drama and Sonic the Hedgehog preview topics go hand-in-hand, but this is really getting ridiculous.

Things this topic is for:

• Talking about new information, either leaked or released by SEGA.
  • Speculating about what this game will include.
  • Discussing what little information we actually have about the gameplay of this game.

Things this topic is NOT for:

• Bitching about green eyes, dash pads, or other problems you perceive in the game. Go ahead and discuss faults, but this is not a podium for you to rant on.
  • Going "I'm not going to buy the game." Nobody cares; I'm not planning to either from the current information we have. This doesn't make it post-worthy.
  • "Boycotts". If you haven't seen this already, Sonic fans are retarded: http://www.destructoid.com/whining-sonic-fans-take-sonic-4-complaints-to-new-lows-164963.phtml - If you don't like the final product when it comes out, DON'T BUY IT!
  • Forum drama. Get it the hell out.
I understand if you don't like it, but that doesn't give you the excuse to act like a whiny 6 year old.

What about the alpha game play makes people think it is bad? I did not see any bad things besides glitches that will obviously be fixed.

Hope I'm not pushing the boundaries here, but I believe I'll issue a response to Greg, since his rant was directed toward me.

Just for the record, I don't have an opinion on this game. I never stated it was going to be good, and I never stated it was going to be bad either. If you're curious as to why, it's BECAUSE I CAN'T. I'm not going to go over again why basing a game's flaws off of an old alpha trailer and the gameplay of the entire game off of a couple GFZ nostalgia screenies makes you incredible, but I will say you need to wait for an actual official gameplay trailer before you present your opinion as a fact. I'm not canceling out the idea this game will fluke, but frankly, there aren't enough details for me to say it will anyway. In fact, I'm willing to bet there will be a solid engine by the time the next trailer is shown off, and if that's the case, I'll look forward to playing a momentum-based Sonic game when it comes out. We'll see. But there's nothing to see right now.

So, you've got a plan of action, huh? Round up as many people as you can, boycott the game, and make the team starve as punishment for their failure? Cool story, bro. Except I'm not interested in your fucking shit-throwing contest with SEGA. I don't care where you think Sonic needs to go enough that I'm going to listen to your tl;dr's every post. I play videogames because I enjoy videogames, not because I have this warped mentality that it's my duty to know where a certain game franchise is headed at all times and "fix its problems". If you want to get Sonic "back on his feet again" with such revolutionary concepts as not buying the game, that's perfectly fine with me. I'm sure you'll also repeat a bunch of biased, pointless rants older than time itself on how the company needs to get their act together once the next game comes out as well; not that it will be productive, but if that's what makes you feel better of yourself knowing you're not one of those horrible Sonic fanboys everyone in the outside world hates (which, of course, is not the case), then by all means, go for it.

Personally, however, my plan is to either buy the game or not buy the game, depending on what I feel like doing that day. If it's fun, then I enjoy it! If it's not, what a pity then. I'll make a tiny blurb on the forums I go to of what I thought of the game, move on with my life, and do something I think is either constructive or enjoyable.

You're free to do likewise, you know.

Greg, it still isn't green.

If you look at the Sega Gems Collection pictures. A lot of his pictures used that kind of eye color. (A light black) But I wouldn't really say its green.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back