• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Mighty the Armadillo Remake, New Beta WAD Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I got the soc working, but the only problem is to make it even remotely useful I have to make the collision with it 128 x 128 making it oddly unfair and partially broken since it spawns a bit away from the player even when I make it stay with the player for a sec.

2-1.gif

3 more angles to go for the walking frames...
Nathan Speed said:
OH YAY. That looks great. His head looks plastered on a bit though, let it move A LITTLE. He looks a bit stale.
Looks like somebody's never played any my WADs. xD Head movement is very difficult and time consuming to draw, sometimes not even needed. (AmyRE being an example) I will make the heads move in all but AmyRE when I can port my WADs to 1.1. Although right now it doesn't really matter, especially since the running frames are seen more often in-game then the walking frames anyway.

If Mighty could run as fast as Sonic, but quite a bit took longer to accelerate, I think it would fit where the shelled dude would have to get a huge running start to keep up, but he can for stretches where he can keep his speed. He wouldn't be able to thok however, and it would be cool if he could have some sort of shield special when spindashing since he is an armadillo after all.

So contrary to most everything else that's been said, I'd like to see Mighty run as fast as Sonic but accelerate slower along with the insta-shield. Looking good though, the fact that the head extends through a shell down the back does make it more obvious you aren't shaking his head.

JEV3 said:
If Mighty could run as fast as Sonic, but quite a bit took longer to accelerate, I think it would fit where the shelled dude would have to get a huge running start to keep up, but he can for stretches where he can keep his speed. He wouldn't be able to thok however, and it would be cool if he could have some sort of shield special when spindashing since he is an armadillo after all.

So contrary to most everything else that's been said, I'd like to see Mighty run as fast as Sonic but accelerate slower along with the insta-shield. Looking good though, the fact that the head extends through a shell down the back does make it more obvious you aren't shaking his head.
Ditto.

Maybe your Mighty's S_SKIN could be similar to mine?
Here is what my old Mighty's S_SKIN looked like:
Code:
name = Mighty
face = MGHTFACE
facename = MGHTNAME
ability = 4
normalspeed = 32
runspeed = 26
thrustfactor = 5
accelstart = 85
acceleration = 40
spin = 1
startcolor = 192
prefcolor = 6
jumpheight = 92
boxindex = 0
runonwater = 0
allowsuper = 0
mindash = 15
maxdash = 60
waterskip = 0

I made my Mighty slower than Sonic, but with a slightly better accelstart, and to keep his double jump ability from overpowering him too much, I lowered his jump as well, and he cannot waterskip or turn super, unlike Sonic.

Of course, you don't have to make your Mighty's stats similar to my Mighty's stats, but you can choose to if you want to.

Thanks for posting that S_SKIN MI, the more options the better. :)
3-1.gif

Why does making the diagonal walking frames always drain the living crap out of me? D:

Make his head move left and right so it looks more like the SRB2 walk frames. It's perfect other than that though.

Dr.Pepper said:
Thanks for posting that S_SKIN MI, the more options the better. :)
3-1.gif

Why does making the diagonal walking frames always drain the living crap out of me? D:

Maybe because it's a pain in the ***?

I think it's mainly the feet that make it take so long to draw, their not as easy for me to do as hands.
More Mighty! Although his left arm is jerking a little...
4-1.gif

nitro_the_hedghog said:
Make his head move left and right so it looks more like the SRB2 walk frames. It's perfect other than that though.
JEV3 said:
Looking good though, the fact that the head extends through a shell down the back does make it more obvious you aren't shaking his head.
I'll take a closer look at how SRB2 Sonic's head moves, then see if I can apply that to Mighty, after I'm done with the walking sprites.

Bump! :D
5-3.gif

That covers all the movement in his walking frames, the hard part(for me, anyway) is over, the rest of the WAD will be easy enough. :)
Also, Nicky, do you still plan on making the spin frames? I'd like to have a decent playable alpha released before the weekend's over, so I need to know.

nitro_the_hedghog said:
Still no head movements?
I'm going to get to that, but not right now, I still have more than 60 frames left to draw. O_o' I'd like to get everything else done, and then add head movement to the walking frames, it's going to take that long to draw it in.
Nathan Speed said:
How about a release after the jump frames? I wanna tryyyyyyy.
If you're itching that bad to try it, how about I send you a test WAD later? Even from my first post, I always like making sure every WAD I release is complete enough for actual use, even if there's lots of work left to be done on the sprites. Otherwise you'll have to wait in line like everyone else, or no soup for you! =P

Dr.Pepper said:
Nathan Speed said:
How about a release after the jump frames? I wanna tryyyyyyy.
If you're itching that bad to try it, how about I send you a test WAD later? Even from my first post, I always like making sure every WAD I release is complete enough for actual use, even if there's lots of work left to be done on the sprites.

Okay, I woulden't mind testing. That'll make me happy AND feel like I contributed something. :D

Dr.Pepper said:
Bump! :D
5-3.gif

That covers all the movement in his walking frames, the hard part(for me, anyway) is over, the rest of the WAD will be easy enough. :)
Also, Nicky, do you still plan on making the spin frames? I'd like to have a decent playable alpha released before the weekend's over, so I need to know.
Sorry Dp I cant yesterday my science teacher gave like 4 science projects to do. Its a drag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back