MB's Track Stack

[Open Assets] MB's Track Stack 6.0

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Marioblox

Marioblox submitted a new resource:

MB's Track Stack - ZoneBuilder? Open. Knuckles? Cracked. It's mappin' time

A map pack with 2 courses as of now. More will be coming (eventually) so keep an eye out if you're intrested!

Tracks:
Metro Cup:
A cup containing track that all have an urban theming

Tidal Town (MAPTT)
View attachment 91640

A peaceful seaside town with plenty of open space for... karting? Huh???

Venture Cup:
A cup containing tracks that cover a wide range of environments

Glacial Halls (MAPG5)
View attachment 91641

An old...​

Read more about this resource...

Marioblox updated MB's Track Stack with a new update entry:

1.1 Update - Track adjustments

This update includes a few changes to Tidal Town and Glacial Halls

Tidal Town
  • Changed the texture used for the offroad shortcuts to improve visibility
  • Reduced the width of the first two shortcuts a little
  • Added a few shatter blocks to the first two shortcuts (They can be broken upon impact)
  • Added some directional arrows to the second half of the track
  • Slightly moved the boost panels in the last section of the track
Glacial Halls
  • Added...

Read the rest of this update entry...

4.0 Update - Metro Cup Revamp (kinda)

This update inculdes 2 new tracks and 2 updates for older ones

New tracks:
Metro Marathon - Metro Cup (MAPTX)
View attachment 103592

Ring Race - Hell Map (MAPRN)
View attachment 103593

Map Updates:
Tidal Town: Revamped - Changes to the terrain and some visual updates (The layout's still the
same but a bit smaller now)
Downtown Dash: A few minor changes

Next update will be the last major one. I plan to update some of...

@Marioblox Hey, you had SOC configuration for Springs that weren't used in your maps, and that you didn't provide sprites for.
This breaks maps in dedicated servers since a lot of maps use these shared spring objects, so I decided to fix it for you.
I also made the giant spring boards before the finish line intangible, that should fix the issue with players hitting the wall and being stuck on the bouncy cloud for the rest of the race being unable to move.
Post automatically merged:

One more thing, Ring race conflicts with Cotopack.

Attachments

• KR_MBs_Track_Stack_V5.0-SpringFix.pk3
    23.4 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
@Marioblox Hey, you had SOC configuration for Springs that weren't used in your maps, and that you didn't provide sprites for.
This breaks maps in dedicated servers since a lot of maps use these shared spring objects, so I decided to fix it for you.
I also made the giant spring boards before the finish line intangible, that should fix the issue with players hitting the wall and being stuck on the bouncy cloud for the rest of the race being unable to move.
Post automatically merged:

One more thing, Ring race conflicts with Cotopack.
Thanks for pointing this out and providing a fix! I'll get round to updating the pack soon.

5.1 Update

Smaller update here that mainly fixes some issues with the spring SOC used in Skybound Shrines (Big thanks to Pikaspoop for the fix)

Hyper Hydro Zone has smaller changes that reduce the MobjectScale and adjust the tunnel section a little (the water doesn't spin you out anymore)

Ring race also had an ID change from MAPRN to MAPRW (Also added it to the full pack properly since the details for it were missing in the Main CFG)

ngl I'm a bit sad you didn't use my version of Skybound Shrines that make the wood spring board sectors intangible, as that can make players stuck there in races if a player hits the wood rather than a spring.

ngl I'm a bit sad you didn't use my version of Skybound Shrines that make the wood spring board sectors intangible, as that can make players stuck there in races if a player hits the wood rather than a spring.
Ah, sorry about that, I meant to change them but I must've forgotten. I'll fix it now

@Marioblox I'm so sorry!
I only realized now that I didn't actually send you the file with the soft-lock fix.
Here's the file, you should be able to tell due to a wad being in the shrine folder.

Attachments

• KR_MBs_Track_Stack_V5.1-PikaKartFixes.pk3
    23.4 MB · Views: 14

6.0 Update - Wrapping things up (for real this time (i hope))

Hey! This 'mini revamp' update includes various changes across all of the maps in the pack (excluding ring race)
More details can be found in the changelog, though the biggest change for each map was the adjustment of the way the checkpoints were set up in them. They should all function properly now, but do reach out if any issues come up!

View attachment 111860

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back