Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell yeah!

• I don't care.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We make our own faster Tails wad and add it to every game we make.

glaber said:
Boinciel said:
We make our own faster Tails wad and add it to every non contest game we make.
Fixed the idea. Sound's like a plan to me.

The idea is make Tails Faster principally in srb2 (but not so fast as sonic) Faster as we can see the running sprites, cause only we can see them when you pick up the speed shoes, etc.

No, that's not the idea. The idea is to make him faster because he is slow. Not because we want to see his tails spinning. If that was our cause, we'd just fly with him.

You know, I made a tails wad that was as fast as sonic once... But I never got around to releasing it. (in the SHADADX topic, my speedytails, i fixed it, and use it sometimes.) I have an other idea, make tails slightly slower than sonic, so its still kinda SRB2-ish...

Blue Fox2 said:
Thay should make him fast enough to reach his running animation. Maybe a little bit slower than Sonic.

So, I agree with Blue Fox2.

Geez, if you want to see Tails go faster that bad. Make his speed 30. Knuckles speed 36, and Sonic's speed 40. There, now Tails' speed is acceptable, and the rest stays quite fast too.

Yeah, the reason why you wanted Tails to be faster it takes him ages to reach a certain place, right? Now Tails is at normal speed, Knuckles doesn't get even more disadvantaged, and Sonic stays the fastest supersonic hedgehog.

No, we don't want the other characters any faster than they already are. Just Tails.

But Tails is already so damn powerfull. You can easily beat any coop game with him, he has waaay too easy control, his flight is handy for everything. Dodging, railing, helping teammates in CTF, man, Tails is powerfull. Not to mention the spindash flight. Super speed at its longest.

When wearing runshoes, you can also run on water. So really, what is the problem? I don't see any. He has to have some weakness. And that is his max running speed. Really, I don't see the problem. Removing run on water doesn't add a weakness, it just makes Tails lose one of his abilities.

Actually, I've noticed that the thrust factor has to do with speed, or at least, in the extremes. So why not change the thrust factor?

Super mystic sonic said:
But Tails is already so damn powerfull. You can easily beat any coop game with him, he has waaay too easy control, his flight is handy for everything. Dodging, railing, helping teammates in CTF, man, Tails is powerfull. Not to mention the spindash flight. Super speed at its longest.
You can easily beat any coop game with any character. As for flight, I've found that it makes Tails an EASIER target in matches. Helping teammates in CTF? He's too damn slow to catch up to the flag carrier. Not to mention said flag carrier could go way faster on foot.

And don't forget that most people (including me) aren't good enough to use Tails in the ways you mentioned anyhow. He really is a terribly slow character and needs to be brought up.

Even supposing you're right: There is always going to be a "best" character. For the past 8 years, that's been Sonic. If upping Tails' speed suddenly makes him the best in match, I'm honestly fine with that. I simply want Tails to be fast enough to actually enjoy playing as him.

Meh, instead of making runspeed higher, make mindash higher. To 30 or something. That way, he still has a way to catch some speed quickly.

The Yellow Blue Dude said:
Last 8 in SRB2 last 16 in official games.

Not really. In some games, Tails can fly and be as fast as Sonic, and Sonic has a crappy barrier attack, and the ability to turn Super Sonic after you beat 7 cheap annoying special stages and getting 50 damned rings. In SRB2 its piece a cake, but in 2D....there are too many cheap traps you can't see coming. And cheap traps make you lose all rings.

Tails already accelerates to full speed rather quickly. He just needs to be faster, that is that.
Last 8 in SRB2 last 16 in official games.
That's not true. Tails was the same exact speed as Sonic in the Genesis games.

Tails strafes great too. Thats how you can dodge well. Not to mention if you master every way of flying, its piece a cake to not get hit by normal players. Only those special rail-only mouse players can hit you then. *coughree-ccough*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back