Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell yeah!

• I don't care.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tails: Can fly to places Sonic and SOMETIMES Knuckles can't.
Knux: Climbs to places Sonic and Sometimes Tails can't reach.
Sonic: Can't reach alot of places Knux and Tails can't, but he's fast.

But Tails already pwns Sonic IMO.

SSNTails said:
Just to clarify on this topic, all three characters have been adjusted, but they aren't "all equal speed" or anything like that. Most likely, you won't be able to put your finger on what's different.
Does this mean that the maxspeed can acceed 36?

various people said:
Does this mean...
We aren't going to tell you what it means, but this topic has generated quite a bit of change in the character variables. Speculate away.

That's all you and the other staff members who know about these kind of changes make us do Mystic. =P Just release some 1.09.5 or something! *shot*

I agree with this. (Quoting some peeps.)

Tails needs to run as fast as knuckles.
All three characters need to slowly get faster the more they run.
All three characters should have water run.
Tails Needs to be able to access his running animation on his own.
Sonic needs to lose his thok and have the slash. (It does double damage than jumping)
Tails's flying needs to have full control AND get faster the more it moves.
Knuckles's gliding needs to be faster.
Tails's running animation should be that in S3&K. (His tails spinning moving forward.)
All characters should be able to turn while spindashing.

Tails still needs to be faster...

Super mystic sonic said:
Silver Da Hedgehog said:
Super mystic sonic said:
increase the mindash to 30 or something.

And how can this be done?

You had to bump this topic?! Please, for gods sake, let it die.

Well,you could just answer so that some guys like me who don't know how to do it,do it and not ask anymore for other pepole to do it. :P
And then "dis" topic would die beacuse it would be useless. 8)

WAD master said:

Not if there's to be some maintained balance in character stats. Tails should be slower, but not so sluggish.

WAD master said:

No, that would be too far from predetermined physics. The characters can only go so fast without aid.

WAD master said:

No. That would pretty much eliminate the point of water.

WAD master said:

Yes, he should.

WAD master said:
Sonic needs to lose his thok and have the slash. (It does double damage than jumping)

"Double damage"? This isn't some kind of RPG. Either moves hurt enemies or they don't. It's an absolute. The thok is perfectly fine.

WAD master said:

Yes, Despite being refined from 1.08, Tails' flight is still very erratic.

WAD master said:

Yes, it's very slow and eliminates him as a viable option in many gametypes.

WAD master said:
Tails's running animation should be that in S3&K. (His tails spinning moving forward.)

Um, it works that way already.

WAD master said:

No, because that would eliminate spindash as a fair technique. See, spindash is faster, but it also compromises control, making it a good, balanced move.

WAD master said:
Tails still needs to be faster...

Yes. That's the point of the topic. =P

WAD master said:

Faster? Yes, that fast? No. Really, Tails is already pretty overpowerd compared to Knuckles, and can reach tough places waaay too easy

WAD master said:

Absolutely, once they come to maxspeed, that should come.

WAD master said:

No. Keep the ability original, will ya?

WAD master said:

Yup.

WAD master said:

Never. Speed thok is the only way to go fast with Sonic, without having to charge forever. Removing it would both make him lose his function as awesome to play with character, and it would remove the speed from the game, a FATAL mistake that showed up in the 2D Sonic games. The low accel+maxspeed

WAD master said:

Control should indeed be somewhat better, but the speed-up is a no. I mean, you can already go super-fast by spin-flying. Adding a boost to that would be inbalanced.

WAD master said:

Absolutely. Really, Knuckles wasn't even a great playing choice when he had multi-glide. It might be handy for in coop, but otherwise....he's just too slow in every single thinkable way. How about not adding multi-glide, and re-adding the slow speed up thing. I mean, it wasn't overpowerd, unless you go from a truely high place. And still, would that matter? As soon as you land or stop gliding, the overpower is gone. Especially when you think how unshootable Sonic is when rapidly thokking in random directions, and how fast he goes in race.

WAD master said:

They can turn slowly, but that requires skill. Also, don't you think thokdash is already too fast?

Apparently, although I haven't confirmed this myself, you can abuse the game engine even more by spindashing right as you land between thoks to preserve all of your forward momentum into the next jump.

Not all of it. Most of it, though. If you hold forward and continue running when you land, you'll slow back down to your maximum running speed. However, if you go into a spin as soon as you land, you'll continue at MAXMOVE, and very slowly lose speed.

Makes sense. But I fail to see how it's "too fast". It can't go beyond 60. Last I heard, nothing could go beyond 60.

Dark Warrior said:
Makes sense. But I fail to see how it's "too fast". It can't go beyond 60. Last I heard, nothing could go beyond 60.

ACTIONSPD can go all the way up to 90, but Sonic is limited to 60 for a reason.

FuriousFox said:
Not all of it. Most of it, though. If you hold forward and continue running when you land, you'll slow back down to your maximum running speed. However, if you go into a spin as soon as you land, you'll continue at MAXMOVE, and very slowly lose speed.
Well, duh, friction only applies when you're on the ground, and spinning reduces your friction. I just don't know if spinning while on the ground for a second actually is faster than just jumping. It doesn't seem like it would be, but it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back