Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell yeah!

• I don't care.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Tails is awesome. I thought Knuckles was supposed to be the slowest character, (Or maybe it just seemed that way to me in the older games.) Sonic is supposed to only have to slow down a bit for Tails to keep up with him. Seriously, Tails can't even do his running motion!

Ashovare said:
Yeah, Tails is awesome. I thought Knuckles was supposed to be the slowest character, (Or maybe it just seemed that way to me in the older games.)

Not quite. The only difference between him and Sonic and Tails is his special ability and jump height (When I was about eight, playing Sonic 3 & Knux, I once drowned because I couldn't jump out of a water area that Sonic and Tails could jump out of - I forgot I could glide XD ).

I was talking about Sonic Advance. I was probably mistaken though. (btw, the three characters do go at different speeds though. Tails is always saying, "Wait up Sonic!"

The original statistics for SRB2's characters come from Sonic 3's competition mode. In the one player, as far as I'm aware, the only difference in the classic games was Knuckles' lower jump height.

I think just like how Sonic could use his shield ability in Sonic 3, make Tails able to use a shield ability(magnet-double jump, fire-flame thok, water-ground smack(similar to bounce but you dont bounce)) And just to throw this out here, when playing in THZ you should be able to use the elemental shield to guard you from the slime, but in hard, very hard, and ultimate, it won't guard you from drowning so bubbles should be placed in certain spots. That would make the PERFECT challenge :twisted:

Mystic said:
The original statistics for SRB2's characters come from Sonic 3's competition mode. In the one player, as far as I'm aware, the only difference in the classic games was Knuckles' lower jump height.
Judging from my times in Endless Mine SRB2 Tails still isn't fast enough.
Best time for Tails 0'50"70 with Sonic in second. No flying. and only one spin dash used with both at the start.

No, what do you think? >_>

I doubt Tails is going to get a speed-up until the next SRB2 release... so, four months or so from now.

So after 2 more level contests. Well If Tails isn't spead up by then (1.1) my guess is someone will be making this topic again.

1-Up said:
Or bumping it.
That too.

I've actually given this some thought now, and I think I like Tails not being able to reach running speed. It helps when you land after flying, so you don't lose control. Plus, I'm used to Tails's current speed now.

Besides, if it's not really a problem at the moment, why fix it?

Well, during Mystic Realm i can find myself winning a lot of maps when racing against Sonic users so in some cases Tails could very well be overpowered when it comes to races.
And im not talking about Aerial Garden there are other maps Tails can win in xp

Speed and control are different. I don't know the relevent stats, but I do know that Tails can stop on a dime, even with speed shoes, while Sonic can't. And the only MR stages Tails wins at are Sunken Plant, Midnight Freeze, and Prismatic Angel. In every other level-yes, including Aerial Garden-Sonic can go fast enough that a skilled player can beat Tails.

OK, let's balance things out then. Tails should hit running speed and be between Sonic and Knuckles in difficulty. Tails is very agile, but what if we put away some agility for speed? Tails is supposed to be one step behind Sonic in speed. How's that sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back