Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell yeah!

• I don't care.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, before Sonic was degraded to not multi-thok, now we could degrade the thok speed to just over his run speed.

No, Sonic should remain as is. Sonic is all about speed. Tails and Knuckles focus more on exploration. Tails just needs to be a little faster.

Besides, it would make some maps impossible to finish as Sonic. Would you be able to get Sonic's GFZ1 Emblem so easily if you degraded his Thok speed? It would be like an air brake if you had High Speed Shoes.

On the subject of the Sonic 3 competition speeds, the problem is that the Sonic 3 Comp levels are much different from the SRB2 levels-after all there were only five levels in Sonic 3.

But you know what, in Sonic 3, if you had to choose one character, it would be Sonic, because Sonic beat Tails and Knuckles on three of the five levels.

The same thing applies to SRB2-if you pick one character, it's Sonic, be it Race or Match. Tails and Knuckles have their moments in some levels and some modes, but if you pick Sonic, your chances are much better. Same as in Sonic 3.

Why did someone had to bump the topic? Who cares about Tails' speed. Heck, focus on Knuckles already. He's the one thats underpowerd and has no speed. If 3 players would be greatly skilled, and all the same, each playing as a differen't character, the results would be this. (In a good map with many obstacles and platforms, not a crappy horizontal one)

1: Sonic
2: Tails
3: Knux

Why Knuckles as slowest? His glide goes slower as Tails' run, and Tails' flying goes faster than Knuckles' climb. Not to mention the spindash fly.

Heck, if you really want Tails some faster, increase the mindash to 30 or something. But Knuckles is the one that needs the attention. Leave Tails and the topic, and fix up him.

Good point. The fact that Knuckles can sometimes climb higher distances by clinging on walls than Tails really isn't helpful when he's completely vulnerable to rail rings in match, Sonic can still easily beat Knuckles to the flag in CTF, and there are almost no climbing/gliding obstacles for circuit mode, which essentially makes Knuckles completely useless in everything but Single Player and Coop.

Why not shift Knuckles speed to the same as Sonic, now that I think about it? Sonic can technically go faster, but it would at least make up for Knuckles' climbing and gliding speed (which was actually toned down after 1.9.2, interestingly enough).

There is no need to speed up Knuckles...
Just give him back his Spidey Knux abilities!
That really does help even out his diffrences between the other two.

Spidey Knux for Pres in '08!

i really think that ssn need to speed tails up(not to much)
but on race or match i think the speed isn't really a problem.
its just how good you are with tails or sonic or knuckles.
if your pro with tails you can beat sonic easy or knuckles.
same for sonic or knux.(that is wat i think)
but tails could use a little speed boost.

One time I compared Sonic, Knuckles, and Tails each in their super (not hyper) form and turns out that Sonic is faster. I ran up a wall in mushroom Hill zone with Sonic and there is a ledge that sticks out which will just launch your character off if you are Knuckles or Tails so you won't be able to make it up to the top. However, Sonic is able to make it up there.

I know you guys are just talking about regular form but this is still interesting. To sum it all up, Knuckles has the same speed as Tails, whereas Sonic has more speed and acceleration to him.

I'll Begin said:
Silver Da Hedgehog said:
Super mystic sonic said:
increase the mindash to 30 or something.

And how can this be done?
Wow, a silly question AND a useless bump. Fun times.

Anyways, SSNTails can easily just change Tails's S_SKIN before 1.1 is released.

Not so silly for me.I used XWE and increased the mindash to 30 and saved the stuff but when i played SRB2 it crashed with an error. :cry:

M.V.P said:
How about he makes tails go up to speed so we can see his running frames? Problem solved? :D

I guess this is why i would like tails to be faster.He looks very cool when he is running with his tails.And instead of running on water when he runs,he should need the speed shoes to run on water. :mrgreen:

Just to clarify on this topic, all three characters have been adjusted, but they aren't "all equal speed" or anything like that. Most likely, you won't be able to put your finger on what's different.

We won't be able to put our fingers on them because we won't see them...Well, at least not for another year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back