Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vanitas being a black haired Sora was obvious? lolwut

Like I said, they wouldn't hide his face so much if it didn't look like someone we know, and since Sora seems to be key to about everything in series I assumed he'll look similar.

Also, In the jump festa trailer, we see a glimpse of his right eye.

Vanitas_eye.jpg

Looking at his eye, and Ven's reflection right next to it; they look pretty similar. Since Sora's facial structure is almost exactly the same as Roxas/Ven's, I put 2 and 2 together. I thought it was obvious anyways. :/

I'm hoping I'll get an actual glimpse of him in the livestream though.

Ah, Terra's story is coming to end I think...

So Master Xehanort just "possessed" Terra and created the Xehanort we all know and love today. Terra's armor reanimated itself (ala Sora being able to fight Terra in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix), and is fighting Xehanort. Xehanort looks tough, dude died like 14 times or so on him. Part of the problem is that he's under-leveled, but meh.

Last edited:
I don't think any normal person would go "Hey, every new character is a Sora clone"

:p

Last edited:
I don't think any normal person would go "Hey, every new character is a Sora clone"

:p

Took vague clues and added them up; but I'm getting a little confused on some details now (specifically involving Ven).

Well Ven is kind of a mystery; hell, he's more of a mystery than Vanitas is now (in my opinion). First off; I heard (never exactly saw) he was brought to the Land of Departure by Master Xehanort himself (and we know that's just asking for trouble). Second; is how Master Eraqus (lol Square) yells "You shouldn't exist" at Ven (at this point Terra steps in and kills Eraqus, since Eraqus was going to kill Ven). It makes me wonder, instead of Vanitas being a clone of Ven (which I originally thought) it's starting to look the other way around. Dang, Nomura sure knows how to mess with us.

Why would Ven be a clone?

Like Eraqus said, he shouldn't exist; like he wasn't supposed to exist, but it happened anyway (sounds like a clone to me, I dunno)

Roxas/Ven look nothing like Sora.

Roxas has the exact same facial structure as Sora in KHII iirc.

Unless this "clone" isn't really a clone.

He might be, he might not. We won't know until we get to see a playthrough of Ven's story. Guy who did Terra's is about half-way through Aqua's, and decided to take a break.

We don't need spoiler tags if we aren't spoiling anything. We are just making assumptions/theories.

Roxas has the exact same facial structure as Sora in KHII iirc.

wut, Roxas looks more like Final Fantasy 7 characters. :p

We don't need spoiler tags if we aren't spoiling anything. We are just making assumptions/theories.

Because Vanitas's face isn't a spoiler at all....

wut, Roxas looks more like Final Fantasy 7 characters. :p
Except, that he was made in the same style as all the other Kingdom Hearts characters. Maybe it's because Roxas always looks mad or sad 80% of the time; his facial structure is literally the same (hair is different though).

Because Vanitas's face isn't a spoiler at all....
I didn't know that IT WAS that face. Thought you were making assumptions. :P

How the heck do you find all this stuff? :O
Except, that he was made in the same style as all the other Kingdom Hearts characters. Maybe it's because Roxas always looks mad or sad 80% of the time; his facial structure is literally the same (hair is different though).
TBH, at first he looked nothing like Sora. (CGI secret movie) He does look like other Kingdom Hearts characters... but I don't really see a huge resemblance as Sora.

Oh, Vanitas looks CREEPY! Does he take drugs or anything?

Last edited:
I didn't know that IT WAS that face. Thought you were making assumptions. :P

How the heck do you find all this stuff? :O

Gamefaqs mostly, watched some Livestreams too.

TBH, at first he looked nothing like Sora. (CGI secret movie) He does look like other Kingdom Hearts characters... but I don't really see a huge resemblance as Sora.
He has the exact same face; that's about it.

Oh, Vanitas looks CREEPY! Does he take drugs or anything?
nah
He's a dark clone of Sora, while Ventus is a clone made from Sora's light. Both made by Master Xehanort.

Oh he gets creepier too....
http://i46.tinypic.com/5ys3nd.png
Yup, Vanitas in Ven's body using a ridiculous 2 Kingdom Key with a side of Ultima Weapon Keyblade. Bah, nothing's better than the Decisive Pumpkin, it's impossible.

If it means anything to anyone, the secret ending was subbed. The game practically sets itself up for Kingdom Hearts III.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNqB_w7ZMWQ&feature=player_embedded

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=993y9jUFcvI&feature=player_embedded

Second Part wouldn't work for me around the half-way mark.

Nice bits of information here, I personally like these two:
-Eraqus is inside Terra's heart along with Xehanort apparently.
-Aqua meets Ansem the Wise in the Realm of Darkness 1 year after he met Sora. So Ansem's little machine didn't kill him, but teleported him to the Realm of Darkness. So Aqua's still alive, Terra is kind of alive, and God knows where Ven is...

mmmmm.... so there's more to the story :D

Yes, there's actually a Final Story, were you play as Aqua!
Highlights:
-The major one is that Aqua created Castle Oblivion from the Land of Departure. I'm not too sure on the details, but I think it was to keep Ven's body safe.
-Aqua faces off against Terranort in Radiant Gardens. Boss fight includes more Ansem SoD's Guardian (that Heartless thing that protects him). Terra gains enough control over his body again (I think, I'm not sure) and throws himself into the Dark Realm, and then Aqua saves him, while leaving herself in the Dark Realm. Then Terranort appears to have a bad case of amnesia and is found by Ansem the Wise.

Oh, Vanitas is the secret boss with one life bar, that attacks/moves fast and does 1 hit K.O.'s apparently. Fun.....

Terranort = Final Boss
Vanitas = Secret Boss

OK, now this is a good plot I'm looking at. Definitely buying this after I get 358/2 days. Though I'm really not liking the whole Sora clone thing; Rather unexpected, but cliche.

You might want to play BBS BEFORE 358/2 days. It might be much more clear if you play BBS.

I get used to complex storylines and consepts, and honestly I want to get 358/2 days cause 1. I have a DS and 2. I don't have enough saved for a PsP as well as for the game. So I might as well go along with that route and catch up with the rest later in the future. Besides... not like I'm missing much.

I'm liking the juicy little tidbits the Xehanort reports tell us.

-Ventus isn't a clone of Sora, but a normal person who can use the Keyblade found by Xehanort.
-Xehanort has been stealing people's bodies for a while.
-Xehanort was from Destiny Islands.
-Ventus was to be Xehanort's vessel, but Ventus was "too gentle." Xehanort decided to use Ven for another plan of his: The X-Blade (The ridiculous 2 Kingdom Key thing).
-Xehanort extracted Ven's darkness (Vanitas), which made a pure heart of darkness and a pure heart of light.
-Vanitas was able to function properly, but Ven fell into a deep sleep. To fix this (if I read correctly I should be right), he used a piece of Sora's heart to complete Ven's.

Xehanort is such a fun guy.....
He wants an equilibrium between Light and Dark so the Keyblade Wars can go on forever; seems like Riku is right up his alley for a vessel, since the Light and Darkness are balanced pretty well in him.

Well, I think that's how it's going now, translations aren't reliable sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back