Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

The next game of the Kingdom Heart series. Exclusively for the PSP handheld. It is a game that is a prequel to Kingdom Hearts 1, tying up all the mysteries and plotholes all Kingdom Heart fans have been wondering about. You know me and my fangasms....

NEWEST TRAILER!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ6LyqI-OU8&feature=player_embedded
OMFG IM GONNA DIE! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG0bOGEUyUE&feature=related
Another trailer. :D

First sneak peek at the game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnB3FHZba5w

EPIC!

Hmmm... that first scene looks like Ven's "Awakening" (Sora and Roxas also had an Awakening); which leads me to ask the question; why is the Soul Eater in Ven's Awakening?

Think about it...

Not every keyblade or weapon in the kingdom hearts universe is distinctive or just indivudually given to that person. There are a vast number of them in existance so it's no surprise that one would have that type.

Think about it...

Not every keyblade or weapon in the kingdom hearts universe is distinctive or just indivudually given to that person.

But there are no duplicates of Keyblades as far as we know; but there are Key Chains that change the Blades Appearence and abilities to that of a different Keyblade. (Sora puts a chain on his KK, the KK remains the KK, but with a different apperance and abilities.

There are a vast number of them in existance so it's no surprise that one would have that type.
The Soul Eater is Riku's symbolic weapon though. The Soul Eater is to Riku, like the Kingdom Key is to Sora (which I just noticed is also in the awakening).

Last edited:
It had been announced 2 years ago (secret ending) I thought this game would never come out.

inb4 master xehanort uses terra to inadvertently create xehanort, aqua meets ansem in the realm of darkness, and ven becomes comatose and stuck inside the chamber of whatever

and i bet the land of departure becomes castle oblivion

Last edited:
Maybe when it comes out I'm gonna buy it too. I don't have any other KH games though, so it will be very interesting to find out what's going on from the begin.

Aqua looks hawt. Her gameplay that is. Perverts. [/Stupidity]
Really, the game looks fun, with bunch of new gimmicks to spruce up gameplay. Hopefully these gimmicks aren't broken like KHII's gimmicks. Also, Critical Mode and EXP 0 need to be in it.
I wish I could play Final Mix+.

Ok, how was it a wild tipping scale? I rented the game and I didn't really see any mechanic flaws. Unless you want to name some?

Ok, how was it a wild tipping scale? I rented the game and I didn't really see any mechanic flaws. Unless you want to name some?
Most of the game can be passed by mashing X, /\ when it appears, and healing when necessary,which is easy due to free MP and a lot of munny. The exception is Xaldin. Sephiroth as well, but hes an optional boss.
Not to bash KHII, it was great, just, well easy. More the reason I want FM+.

-The enemies are incredibly slow compared to Sora and co.
-Sora's combos have too many hits in them (and he goes through them incredibly fast), making finishers broken (Oh yeah, not to mention there's a skill that puts two finishers at the end of the combo, and the Decisive Pumpkin is not only as strong as the Ultima Weapon; it puts even more damage on the finishers).
-The QTE's are incredibly easy to do, and pump out a large amount of damage (not to mention they're also used to evade attacks, making Sora god-like).
-Drive Forms make the game even easier.
-Donald Duck is the world's worst mage ever.
-Magic spells are too powerful and cheap (Reflega (?) is the best example of this).
-The game practically degrades itself to a button-masher.

Those are off the top of my head. The game is still enjoyable though.

Speaking of the QTE's, the only time that timing is required is that "move the wardrobe" 'minigame' in Beast's Castle, and failing only makes you do it again. The only other time that timing is beneficial is Xemnas I fight.

-The enemies are incredibly slow compared to Sora and co.
-Sora's combos have too many hits in them (and he goes through them incredibly fast), making finishers broken (Oh yeah, not to mention there's a skill that puts two finishers at the end of the combo, and the Decisive Pumpkin is not only as strong as the Ultima Weapon; it puts even more damage on the finishers).
-The QTE's are incredibly easy to do, and pump out a large amount of damage (not to mention they're also used to evade attacks, making Sora god-like).
-Drive Forms make the game even easier.
-Donald Duck is the world's worst mage ever.
-Magic spells are too powerful and cheap (Reflega (?) is the best example of this).
-The game practically degrades itself to a button-masher.

-Ridiculous amount of experience given from slain enemies. (Example would be 100 XP from defeating a single Soldier heatless)

-Set level of worlds made heartless underpowered compared to your current level (by this I mean after you beat every world. The enemies are permanently set to that level, therefore Sora can cut through them like butter. This is unlike the first where Sora has limitations and can be defeated by enemies despite level difference.)

Added two more..
Im surprised no one remember those. It stuck out like a sore thumb.

EDIT: Anyway I don't deny that I did enjoy it, but It really wasn't a Kingdom Hearts game. It was more like one of those cheap movie games with a lack luster plot (Well only when you start playing as Sora that it feels like it)

Last edited:
It was more like one of those cheap movie games with a lack luster plot (Well only when you start playing as Sora that it feels like it)

To be perfectly honest, the plot was really good; just the situations you're put in are what's really lack luster.

The 1st game had little to no plot, but had a lot of charm. This one has a good plot, but with no charm; kinda ironic. The only other thing I dislike is that a lot of plot-points are really, really vague (Roxas's attack on Sora at the Memory Skyscraper is really vague, but was touched on a little bit in Final Mix+). Oh yeah, Sora acts like an idiot for 95% of the game too (he really forgot that he turned into a Heartless, no joke).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back