TehRealSalt

(σᴥσ)
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
TehRealSalt submitted a new resource:

Jump Leniency - Quality of life tweaks to jumping

Adds two tweaks for jumping.

Coyote Time
This is a feature from most modern platformers. Leaving the ground, either from walking off or from a slope launch, gives you a 0.25 second window where you can still jump. This means you can pretty safely make jumps off

Recovery Jump
If you've been in your painstate for 0.66 seconds, you can jump out of it, ala Sonic Adventure 2. You can also use your ability afterwards.

I made this script because both of these make c-lag in netgames...

Read more about this resource...

Is that coyote time a Sonic world reference? Just asking btw
Coyote Time is a reference to exactly what it sounds like: Wile E. Coyote. It's named after those moments where he floats in air and then falls after realizing his situation. This is a compilation of some of those moments:

Coyote Time is a reference to exactly what it sounds like: Wile E. Coyote. It's named after those moments where he floats in air and then falls after realizing his situation. This is a compilation of some of those moments:
OK thank you for response

TehRealSalt updated Jump Leniency with a new update entry:

v2.0 release

I've had this updated version sitting on my hard drive for more than two years. I stumbled across it again and decided to upload it.
  • Updated jump input blocking. Hopefully should be compatible with even more add-on characters.
  • Recovery jump time is now exactly twice the length what normal pain knockback would be on flat ground.
    • This is also based on the object's current gravity, making it work the same regardless of gravity changes.
  • Latency adjustments are...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back