• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Jak Sonic Mod:SRB2 Jak Combat. (Maps have been started!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the maps only start today(Maybe later on in the evening ) if I can get some memory that works with my new motherboard. And I might still do haven city, it would just take longer than the other maps.

Hopefully I can start them today. If not then oh well, the will be started on my lil bros crappy emachiens...

I'd like to go back a couple days and say something:

Kroze said:
Long, accurate post.
That is actually a pretty good assessment of this right there.

Silver360 said:
Go play with your " make- em -up " pals.If you don't like it don't post it or download it.You wanna-be puppet master ( puppet master aka life controller).

Jman said:
Yeah, I agree with the guy above me. Don't post if you don't like it even though you haven't played it. Its a addon, you don't have to download it.

Ok, he offered an opinion. Whether or not you like his opinion is irrelevant. He has the right to state his opinion. You don't have the right to tell him he can't based on you disagreeing with him. So what if it's an addon he doesn't have to download? He still can voice his opinion. Telling him otherwise only makes you look foolish. Don't like his reasoning? Give an argument as to why. If you can't, don't. Don't tell him he can't post based on your dislike of his opinion.

sonicfreak94 said:
BlueZero4 said:
Hmm, I think I could make a level for you, but it might be a bit cramped and overdose on the enemies.

What is that soposed to mean? You guys really don't think I can do this can you? >_> You're SO suportive. And really incuraging. If you're going to insult me, discurage me, don't post. Just leave me alone, stop acting like friken jerks, quit PMing me the most retarded things ever. JUST STOP. I WILL make this and NONE of you will make me quit. God, just stop already. I'm tired of it. Stop.

Got that everyone? Just leave me alone ok? stop. It's rude, RETARDED(not refering to BlueZero4) mind you, and makes you look stupider than you ac me altually are. Just leae me alone, if you don't think I can make a character(recolor), a few maps, and some sprites, DON'T POST.

I am going to make this, and non of you can stop me. Got it?

I think you should re-think this. You're jumping in to this major modification thing screaming "You can't stop me!!1". I ask you, why do you think you can do it? As Kroze brought up, what makes you think you can? What experience do you have? Have you ever even made a map that experienced mappers call good/decent/average? You should not jump into something blindly, with no awareness as to what you are doing/getting yourself into.

Dark Warrior said:
Ok, he offered an opinion. Whether or not you like his opinion is irrelevant. He has the right to state his opinion. You don't have the right to tell him he can't based on you disagreeing with him. So what if it's an addon he doesn't have to download? He still can voice his opinion. Telling him otherwise only makes you look foolish. Don't like his reasoning? Give an argument as to why. If you can't, don't. Don't tell him he can't post based on your dislike of his opinion.

That I agree with. I wasn't saying he couldn't say it, I just posted back. Its the internet...

Dark Warrior said:
I think you should re-think this. You're jumping in to this major modification thing screaming "You can't stop me!!1". I ask you, why do you think you can do it? As Kroze brought up, what makes you think you can? What experience do you have? Have you ever even made a map that experienced mappers call good/decent/average? You should not jump into something blindly, with no awareness as to what you are doing/getting yourself into.

I'm going to just jump in to this and randomly try to replicate maps or levels. I'm starting with some of the smaller things. Yeah, some of my maps sucked(like my ancient level pack, with some of my first maps.) but I'm learning to understand everything. I have made allot of maps, I just don't ever release them unless there some of my better ones. Like almost anyone would say, why download something you don't think would "have good maps" in this case. I am capable of making good maps. I will not start on the HUGE city zones, I will be starting (along with BlueZero4) smaller maps. Like a small gun course for instance. The larger maps wont come so soon. Because they take longer, are harder to make, and will take allot of very small detail. I can't start maps yet anyway because I don't have a decent computer working right now. This one is slow has very little memory and berly runs with all the stuff on it. It's old too. Not that has anything to do with what you were talking about... I am trying with the small things first, like sprites, small maps ect.(accept for the characters.. heh heh)
Dark Warrior said:
"You can't stop me!!1"
And thank you so much for adding the 1 in that... >.<'

SF94, as much as this will have a few of the gameplay elements from Jak games, it won't have enough to make porting profitable. I'm making a map from scratch, maybe not exactly a good map, but I'm not shooting for anything that isn't possible. From what I've seen in Deadlocked, the areas have a sense of open-ness that would kill software. Don't try and replicate it.

And another thing, match maps could be cramped. I mean, match maps need some flow, but also some cover, seeing as how the chars don't have the speed to run.

-_-
I said I would try...
When I try to replicate, I don't want to exactly port it like that. You guys don't get it. I said I want to make a city map, I never said once that I would exactly port it. I won't try to make it exactly the same at all. I will change allot of things to work with SRB2. And in jak3 the only open area is really only the desert. I didn't even PLAN on making the desert level. Look for jak3 screenshots of him running in haven city, there aren't slopes, there are pipes, but those don't even need to be there. And if i did make pipes they don't need to be slanted or any of that stuff. I will do it so it fits in srb2(now you're all gonna say, "IT DOESN'T ANYWAY!") to make it work.

And btw, I'm actually making a single player level. I think I can make a match map that still retains the same feel of the level, but it will primarily be a single player level.

Well thanks for helping out. Just PM me when it's finished...

Oh and bad news, I got a bunch of new stuff for my PC and still no luck. Tomorrow I'll take it in somewere to see what they think...

K, I got it done. Still, there is a secret area, and I have no idea what to put in it. Any ideas?

And yes, the characters do need ringslinger to complete the level, btw. (Or a good knowledge of debugging console commands, but I don't recommend that.)

A weapon in a secret spot would be good. And all the characters wil have ringslinger enabled so there would be no need to turn it on ingame. So a cool weapon.(auto rail for a macien gun...)

I'm fixing my PC, I hope I can get it towork soon so I can start mapping on a normal computer...

Actually, weapon rings don't show up in single player, and I don't think I can soc it so they do, so for now I just put in some lives.

Still, if anyone else had any brigth ideas, now would be a good time to share them.

This is a single player secret. How the heck would we put different guns in? We should have each character with a different gun, and different statistics to influence the choice, like jump height and speed. (Or turning super, if that's your fancy.)

Who ever said anything about soccing? I could try, but I'd rather not at the moment, it would give the acrobatic chars an advantage.

BlueZero4 said:
This is a single player secret. How the heck would we put different guns in? We should have each character with a different gun, and different statistics to influence the choice, like jump height and speed. (Or turning super, if that's your fancy.)

turning super would only be for sonics "Dark jak sonic" or whatever it is...

I guess I could just speed sonic and shadow up to 30, and have tails and knuckles like 25, 26.

I mean the guns should compensate for the special abilities, like double jump + rail explosion ring. Or thok + homing ring. Or glide + bomb ring. Or fly + rail ring.

CTF should be fun!

BlueZero4 said:
I mean the guns should compensate for the special abilities, like double jump + rail explosion ring. Or thok + homing ring. Or glide + bomb ring. Or fly + rail ring.

CTF should be fun!

Ah, I get it. Sonic and Shadow got the double jump. Tails can fly(OMG I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!) and knuckles.... uhh... I haven't thought of him...

Ok... uhhh... How about melee attacks, I figured out how to make a characters spin in one spot even when the button is released. (Its obvious) Change the max dash all the way down to 0 or 1, and there, in place melee attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back