• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Jak Sonic Mod:SRB2 Jak Combat. (Maps have been started!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I agree with the guy above me. Don't post if you don't like it even though you haven't played it. Its a addon, you don't have to download it.

Well,is there gonna be more characters other than Sonic,Shadow,and Tails?Maybe Amy could be the girl from Jak And Daxter.

Kroze said:
Because I am feeling overly nice today, instead of watching this project go on for months and months while laughing about it with all the sane people that still frequent this place, I am gonna tell you right now to all stop what you are doing, look at the people you are working on this "Mod" with and just cancel this project and let this thread die a quick and swift death...

"Now Kroze, why would you ever say something so MEAN like that? We can do this..."

Yeah. sure you could...
And while your at it, why don't you add Direct X 10 support in as well!
Now I could just leave it at that comment but that would come off as "rude and mean" to all of you even though I am trying to save you all the trouble of wasting time on this when it will go nowhere.
So here are some nice reasons that support my previous statements.....

Reason #1 why this idea is bad:
Guns....
There is already a SRB2 mod out there that adds guns to the game...
You know what its called?
DOOM or QUAKE

Reason #2:
You are trying to turn SRB2 into something its not and thus it will fail like all the rest...
HAI! How's that Banjo-Kazooie mod comin along there? Oh, whats that you say? Stopped working on it cause its not possible?
I WANNA NEW SRB2 NEXT GEN MOD UPDATE!!! Wait, you say that is dead too because you can't do the craptacular levels in SRB2 without severe glitches? Oh, that must be SRB2's fault for being so old and not the fault of the people working on it had no clue in hell what they were really doing.
And I just know someone is gonna try and bring up SRB2 Riders and my response to that is: You wanna know why we don't rip on it? Cuz even though its still pretty bad, its decent enough compared to the rest of these so called "Mods" out there.

Reason #3:
Who the hell are any of you guys?
No seriously, what exactly have ANY of you done that even remotely makes you think you can take on a project of this size?
And getting "Ideas" from Halofire?!?!?
And I wonder where this whole thing started going wrong....

Reason #4:
All you have right now are a bunch of crappy edited sprites...
Not even GOOD ones.
And you are just using SSN's sprites and drawing on top of em...
Come on, don't kid yourselves... you are all in WAY over your heads...

So you really all should just pull out now before its too late.
You may see this as being mean but everything I have said here has been completely 100% honest and more importantly TRUE.

Thank you gentlemen and good day to you all!

lololpwned.PNG

Thanks guys ^_^.

Yes there will be more than just sonic and shadow, but for now only them, untill knuckles and tails can be finished. Ooo and amy is a good idea too. But I would still need to finish at least sonic first.

Hmm, I think I could make a level for you, but it might be a bit cramped and overdose on the enemies.

Wait, what kind of speed are these guys going to use?

BlueZero4 said:
Hmm, I think I could make a level for you, but it might be a bit cramped and overdose on the enemies.

What is that soposed to mean? You guys really don't think I can do this can you? >_> You're SO suportive. And really incuraging. If you're going to insult me, discurage me, don't post. Just leave me alone, stop acting like friken jerks, quit PMing me the most retarded things ever. JUST STOP. I WILL make this and NONE of you will make me quit. God, just stop already. I'm tired of it. Stop.

Got that everyone? Just leave me alone ok? stop. It's rude, RETARDED(not refering to BlueZero4) mind you, and makes you look stupider than you ac me altually are. Just leae me alone, if you don't think I can make a character(recolor), a few maps, and some sprites, DON'T POST.

I am going to make this, and non of you can stop me. Got it?

I mean I really might make a level for you, but I need to know if the characters are going to be slower, or just as fast as deafault SRB2. Because, well, If the chars can't go any where fast, chances are the level will be a bit smaller with focus on killing over platforming.

No harm intended.

About the speed of tails. So the normal speed is 26.

Have you played Jak 3, or 2? You know those gun courses? Those would be good as tutorial maps. I could make a sonic thing that dies when shot. I tried it today :D

(Oh and that other post was not really specifically aimed at you, sorry.)

sonicfreak94 said:
Have you played Jak 3, or 2? You know those gun courses? Those would be good as tutorial maps. I could make a sonic thing that dies when shot. I tried it today :D
Sorry, I can't say I have. However, I have played Ratchet: Deadlocked, so I have a vauge idea what I'm doing. They're made by the same company, right?

Also, I will be putting running shoes in rather speedy parts, so I would appreciate it if the running only kicked in at, say, 30? That way, we could still have them run, just not always.

BlueZero4 said:
Sorry, I can't say I have. However, I have played Ratchet: Deadlocked, so I have a vauge idea what I'm doing. They're made by the same company, right?

Yeah they are. They are allot the same too. Like in Jak 3, there is a machiene gun upgrade that has electrcity flying out. And that SAME weapon is in ratchet and clank.
BlueZero4 said:
Also, I will be putting running shoes in rather speedy parts, so I would appreciate it if the running only kicked in at, say, 30? That way, we could still have them run, just not always.

So, change the characters speed to 30? Or SOC the speed shoes to speed them up to 30?(I'm guessing my first suggestion.)

I also need to figure out, is it possible to make sonic tails or shadow's hand there with a gun, when the chasecam is set to off.

Set the "break into running anmations" at 30, actually.

And as for the second, I think that was removed.

Oh yes, and with low speeds for the running, having a high spin might be abusive, so let's turn the mindash down to 1 and the maxdash should stay at 60; I'm going to need it for a gimmick in the level.

BlueZero4 said:
Set the "break into running anmations" at 30, actually.

And as for the second, I think that was removed.

Oh yes, and with low speeds for the running, having a high spin might be abusive, so let's turn the mindash down to 1 and the maxdash should stay at 60; I'm going to need it for a gimmick in the level.

The "break into tunning anmimation's" would be what? "normalspeed" or what? I know what the maxdash and mindash and other things would be though...

:mrgreen: Thank you.

Well, the maps should be started sometime today. I will be fixing my computer so I have a decent one to work with. I hate my brothers PC, its so slow, it has so low disk space it slows the hole PC down, and it berly had space for a temp file to save some "being worked on" wads. So I will most likely start today if I can get my PC working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back