I'm tired of n00bs on our master server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xtreme Starfox said:
You know, some of these "n00bs" are 4 years old that have no idea what they are doing.

Yeah but if they're four they wouldn't know what "hacking" means and how to chat, and also how to kick.

I see your point but we're talking about a different kind of noob. I understand being a "newbie" because we've all been through that stage, but when I say "noob" I usually mean somebody who's annoying, or both meanings. :?

I'm not sure why they ask that as well, That very thing has happened to me to Penopat, It is so easy to figure out how to "Hack" (addfile wadfilename.wad/soc) I think it's really stupid how people do that alot, But is this why the master sever isnt working for SRB2?

I've got a solution to impersonating. You should be able to see peoples statistics on netgames, and you shold have thier IP adress next to their name.

I just played a server, called: Jason...wtf

I joined, i said hello. And i get banned for no reason!

This is just pathetic!

-Zupersonic

well I've encountered an idiot on my ctf team who thinks he's funny by shooting at me (while our opponent is LXshadow) constantly and making me feel very uncomfortable.

And someone who can't work out the simplest puzzle, I have the flag, this person doesn't, there's one invincible infront of us, who deserves it the most? Guess what happened?

Sciky said:
well I've encountered an idiot on my ctf team who thinks he's funny by shooting at me (while our opponent is LXshadow) constantly and making me feel very uncomfortable.

And someone who can't work out the simplest puzzle, I have the flag, this person doesn't, there's one invincible infront of us, who deserves it the most? Guess what happened?

What happened? P.S. Haha, Lx must have beaten you even easily then normally.

LXshadow=Greatest SRB2 player ever o_0

Sciky said:

Uh...

You DO realize you gain rings by having him shoot them at you?

......D'oh! Uugh how have I never noticed that before. Anyway the invincible thng was still retarded, luckily we still won against LX.

Blue Warrior said:
Sciky said:

Uh...

You DO realize you gain rings by having him shoot them at you?

There is also a console command to turn on friendly fire.

This reminds me of a simillar issue on Neverwinter Nights some time ago...
My best friend's mom was playing, and this guy comes along. They're talking, and then the guy asks where she lives. Well, she tells him her NWN house adress. He gets mad, asks for her real adress, she tells him no, he pwns her character, Kalindra. Then, he does the same thing to this other girl, and this whole huge ordeal starts.
So he goes on a rampage across th city of Hillfar, where my best friend and and Kalindra have their player houses. We're playing around, and then we see him, and we run to Wendy Fallfeld's (My best freind's character) player house, he's on our tails, we hide and we don't close the door. :eek: The door, when closed, locks and only opens if you have a key.
The door was still open, he comes in and kills us, and soon after Loki (The Dungeon Master) puts his character in jail, and he couldn't get out. A few days after he was banned.
I know that isn't exactly like the current issue, but it's similar.

Right, well, today (technically yesterday) I hosted my first netgame in a long while. While I like the fact that my connection gets a full use now as opposed to the old days, how good a situation is it when I have to kick three seperate users as well ban the same guy twice?

Nevertheless, the intelligent users gave me an overwhelmingly positive response, so I expect I'll be doing this again.

I miss netgames. :(

And Spazzo, don't even complain. Your fault you're grounded, not mine :p.

There were plently of good servers when I first joined. Many of the server's weren't n00bish. I don't get to see my old "friends" on their servers like I used to ever since n00bish servers took over. I get alot of n00bs in my server and wish I didn't. I still see n00b servers that say stuff like "RPG SERVER" or "HANGOUT SERVER." Even though they don't allow those, people still do it, mostly n00bs. Most of my SRB2 buddies now host private servers to keep n00bs out of them.

Well, I suppose this is a better place than any to say this...

As some of you may have noticed, I've been hosting alot of dedicated servers lately, mostly in Match mode, so if you guys are really that desperate for a place to play where you don't have to put up with idiots, you could always join my games. I host every weeknight starting at about 7PM Eastern US time, ending whenever everyone decides to leave. I've got a pretty powerful connection at my disposal right now, so feel free to take advantage of it. The only wad required for the server is the Espio character wad, which can be obtained from the addons section. The main reason I use it is because it's actually an example of a GOOD character wad, actually looking and playing differently from the 3 included characters, as well because it's pretty balanced. The only rules I have are: Don't lag, Don't idle, and Shut Up and Play. Well, that and common sense, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back