How did you come across SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking up sonic the hedgehog online games when I came across srb2. This was about a year or so ago. After that I moved and forgot about srb2 so then while I was on this sonic the hedgehog rpg site, speedylizzard14 (or james the hedgehog s what he went by on the website) reminded me about it. Then about a month later I downloaded it.

Wow... I can't believe this is still alive.

My original post:
http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb/viewtopic.php?p=161765#161765
My original post said:
Here's something different:

On a Newgrounds game/gadget, called World of Words, I was just playing around, moving around, and such, when I got a PM from a person called "Sonic" who told me about SRB2. I said, "Ok, how do I get it?" and he just explained how to download it. Then, afterwards, he wanted me to host a co-op server, which I did, but I got the error stating, "Connection to the Master Server failed," (I didn't know anything about a Master Server back then.) which didn't allow him to connect to the server. When I had the server running, I saw a few blue crawlas and rings in front of me. I thought, "Wow, this looks like a fun game."

About two weeks later, I downloaded the main server one, since the first one I downloaded was the second mirror. When I started the game, I went to the "Join Game(Search)" screen, where I saw a few servers up and running. I joined one, and had quite a lot of fun playing it. I don't remember which gametype I was playing in, but I had quite a blast.
Keep in mind that this was when I was a newbie. I had a low self-esteem back then when I played SRB2 (IIRC, SMS (Mainly), LXShadow and Megasonic know about this... and maybe sb...). =P Today, it's a LOT different. Heck, I got the game and actually played it for once without playing it on a server on November 23, 2006. (Weird, that's exactly 7 months after my birthday. O_o)

I can't remember if it was a youtube video or a link to SSNs site from the REAL eggman flash..

I used to be nuts about Dreamcast home-brew a few years back, and I saw the Dreamcast port of SRB2 in the Sonic Robo Blast 2 topic on the DCEmulation forums. I downloaded the PC version to see if the DC port was worth burning onto a CD-R...and never got around to burning the DC port to a disk. :P I've been an avid player ever since then, and just recently got into making character WADs. I've gotten more play time out of SRB2 than any other game on my current PC, including Halo CE, no kidding. xD

h4gm4 said:
onyx said:
I found srb2 on caiman games, when I was looking in the sonic section.
Me too. O_o

Me three. I stumbled across Caiman in my search for quality Mario games. They had some good ones for him, too, but I couldn't help noticing a cool-looking 3D game in the Sonic section. I debated about whether it was useful or safe to download it, but I decided to do it, and I haven't ever regretted it. SRB2 FOREVER!!!

I read your wiki page. I've never taken a good look at the site.

I was looking for a good Sonic 3D racing game, ( I didn't know about Sonic R at the time, and I really didn't want to play sonic riders) I was lookiing and I found SRB2.

SRB2's Circuit mode has more potential than Sonic R's, I believe, because one has IMMENSE control over their character in SRB2 race, further discouraging bland and flat passageways and encouraging obstacles. Mouselook allows one to blast through a level like Tier at nearly full speed; it's awesome.

The only problem is the fact that all races are turned into a thok/drill-fest, destroying most of the fun.

I came across srb2 in sega forums. Someone posted a topic about it and I tried the game. It was really fun. I miss zero ring zone : (

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back