How did you come across SRB2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the Doom movie and got interested in the Doom game. I looked up the original game and the second on Wikipedia and saw info about mods for it. SRB2 was listed as heavy alteration, and I liked Sonic, so I clicked the link and downloaded it.

Repost:

I was Googling Sonic fangames (before YouTube existed, by the way), and I ran in to SRB2. It was right after 1.09 came out, so I started playing. And, GASP, my old Matrox card didn't like SRB2! FOr some reason, I could not make 1.09 or D4.35 quit, but I picked 4.35 because I could Ctrl-alt-del it easily. I got a new video card, and then moved up to 1.09 and hit the MBs around the time 1.09.1 came out. The rest is history.

Youtube, then went to go play Shadow the Hedgehog for nearly a year. When I came back, I relized that SRB2 has Netplay. I remember that I came from 1.08, because most of the netplay maps I played(Which I thought was singleplayer), the maps aren't in 1.9.04 anymore.

I was looking up PSP homebrew, found a thread on a board asking about SRB2PSP, came here and now I am as you see me...

I actually knew about SRB2 2 years before, but I thought it was a sega saturn game (anyone could have made that mistake) but then found it was a computer game 8 weeks ago

Remember playing srb1 when I was like, 4, and then I learned about srb2 when I was, like, 6. Year learned about srb2: 1999.

Im suprised How long SRB2 has been running, most developers would of given up by now, that just shows how dedicated the sonic fanbase is.

Never heard of SRB2 until I was looking up AR codes for Sonic Adventure DX. Thats when I saw the code Thok Like In SRB2. A few weeks later I looked up SRB2 on Google and found the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back