• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Hey! Check out one of our "friends" wads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason the Echidna said:
Next I tried a 2D level and custom textures and such (I already did custom music in CTF Garden, of course) so I made Toxic Caves. Due to the Toxic Caves music, this wad is 6 MB... I should one day go back to revamp this like CTF Garden, but is it worth it?

I'd have to say revamping it would be worth it. It's quite interesting, and fun t o play around in, especially messing with the extra characters in SPMoves in it. one thing though, how exactly do you finish the second act?

6 megabytes for one simple WAD?
Even by my standards, that's bad...

I like the idea of having multiple layers in a 2d level... I don't like the idea of having only Sonic be able to complete it, though...

Ny first WAD wasn't the best, either...
Called 'Tails Island', I actually thought it was good enough to send to the Addons section... Boy, ol' Mystic sure proved me wrong. I just might have the original transcript of what he sent back to me... *checks*

Anyways, it was bad. Bugless, yes, but... It didn't have a thok barrier, for crying out loud. I spent my time learning fancy effects like water instead of learning the basics like a thok barrier and game balance. The poor map had bout 400 rings worth in monitors in one spot, and right next to it, had all 5 special rings, in easy reach. Other than that little place, it was ring-bare.

My next WAD was called 'Tropical Paradise'. Some of you might remember this one from the contest. Slightly better, by now I had learned to make a thok barrier, and it was a 'little' better on game balance. I also had learned to make a moving FOF by that time. Other than that, it stunk.

Lets see, my first test wad basicly just had one sector without a thok barrier with some rings and crawlas across the sector. I can do way more now. :roll: Im starting to plan a nice match wad for the next contest that will be very the first map I ever release. :P Everything else will have to wait till later in the summer.

My first test wad was practically an entire SP stage, which I plan on recreating/revamping someday. =)

I don't know what to say about my first wad.
Wed.wad ..... It even scares me the irrational name
It wasn't really crap made of junk scrap, But It wasn't really good.
The textures are out of place, some springs take you to neowhere, and if you collect every ring and box in the level you should get around 8-10 lives. I didn't even finish It, But I still like it, for being my first wad,It's realy OK. Now is training wad where I must put my wadding skills to the max.

Does anyone know where I can host free my Wads??

Believe it or not, HellFire was my first real wad. And it was very, VERY good for a first wad, too, even if it stirred up quite a bit of controversy... :roll:

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Believe it or not, HellFire was my first real wad. And it was very, VERY good for a first wad, too, even if it stirred up quite a bit of controversy... :roll:

Albeit the easiest wad ever.

Geona said:
Omega the Hedgehog said:

Albeit the easiest wad ever.
It was intended to be the hardest, and a lot of people think so, but eventually shortcuts and other crap (That I didn't put in on purpose x_x;) were found and it became a LOT easier.

And stuff.

I downloaded the file, and out of the blue, some .EGG :? file showed up too. What is this, is it a malicous file? Someone flame zash for me(on another forum.).

The .egg is part of SRB2 itself. SRB2 does its OGG music by extracting the lump to a file before playing it. That file is tmp.egg or something similar. Don't worry, Zash is too stupid to put malware in a WAD ^_~

Sik said:
How many time is between May to August, sonicfan93? More than one week? *bumping*
It's not bumping when he has something to add, Sik.

I though that he was talking about the level by itself... *sik is stupid* Really, I never noticed it, I always play in full screen...

OK, nevermind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back