• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Hey! Check out one of our "friends" wads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxboy

A mysterious force managed to leak one of Zash's Starchaos project and how "far" it got :lol: click here to get it.
I got to tell you, Zash is a wadding genius, maybe I can learn some things from him [/major sarcasm]

Yes. A mysterious force. Ooooooooo! *wiggles fingers*

The same mysterious force also managed to leak a transcript of the conversation that got us this "huge insane mod"...:

[Name removed]

<Zash> Huh?
<Zash> Why did you invite me in?
-i just wanted to say hi :)
<Zash> Hi
<Zash> Join teh new PHPBB forum
-Hi ^_^
<Zash> :
<Zash> :F
<Zash> :D
<Zash> http://starchaos.sepwich.com/StarBoard/
<Zash> Woot
-Zash, it's beeen many, MANY months since you promised me StarChaos...
-I'm beginning to think it was waporware after all... =/
<Zash> I totally forgot
<Zash> Sorry
-Pfft
<Zash> ..
<Zash> So you just wanted to argue with me?
<Zash> This day SUCKS
-No, not quite
<Zash> Geez
-I just wanted to say and say "What in hell's name is taking so long?"
<Zash> If you want it so bad
-Not arguing, dun worry
-I'm in a good mood :)
<Zash> I forgot about it, [Name Removed]
<Zash> So many things happened at once, FYI
-Well, I know that now
<Zash> If you want it so bad, Ill upload it
<Zash> You have the music right>?
-Yesh
<Zash> Then, all you need is TZA1
<Zash> TZA2 and TZA3 got worked on
<Zash> And they got seg handles
-Why can't I have all three?
<Zash> So I dun have them anymore
-Oh
-... =/
<Zash> You can have TZA1
<Zash> And work on it from there
-Alright
<Zash> Almost uploaded
<Zash> :D
<Zash> Ok
<Zash> URL:
<Zash> http://home.ripway.com/2005-4/294266/TZA1.wad
<Zash> Paste tat url on the SRB2 forums
<Zash> tat was spelled wron intentionally bt
<Zash> btw
<Zash> It has a huge error at the end of it
<Zash> so try to work around that.. :|
<Zash> Anyway, theres starchaos
<Zash> Stop buggin me, ok?
<Zash> X
<Zash> D
<Zash> XD
-Alright XD
<Zash> I saw what you said in #mimirushome.
<Zash> WTF?
-What?
<Zash> Just so you know, I got it officially copyrighted.
-'kay
-That's very good
<Zash> Dont think I cant report you of intellectual property theft.
-But you said to post it on the boards, correct?
<Zash> Yes
-Well, I shall, but the people in the chatroom are the same people who go to the boards! x_x
<Zash> k
-Should I not have done that? @_@

And that's how this mystical person got StarChaos. No, it wasn't me, it was that monkey over there. That's right. *runs*

Also, the person who did this commented that a lot of what he/she said was just so they could get their hands on the code, so please don't get any impressions :roll:

Omega said:
<Zash> I saw what you said in #mimirushome.
<Zash> WTF?
-What?
<Zash> Just so you know, I got it officially copyrighted.
-'kay
Uhm, what?

Oh, and yeah, this is the same wad I had before, only it didn't work. Nice job, by the way. o_o

If so, where'd you see it?

EDIT: This just in; The same user who leaked StarChaos to the message board has told me that he/she is in the process of getting more, but what they have gotten so in terms of new code is absolutely incomplete and possibly faked. When I asked them why it's not being released yet, they responded that they want to make sure it's genuine before they say anything official yet. Will we end up seeing the new material? Do we even *WANT* to? Find out on the next episode of... DRAGON... BALL.... Z!!! *killed* :roll:

Holy Christ, I just sounded like a news reporter o_O;

Mystic said:
Seen it already ^_^()
Omega the Hedgehog said:
I said:
Oh, and yeah, this is the same wad I had before, only it didn't work.
That's right, I leaked Starchaos long before you. Er, I mean, whoever did. I even mentioned in another topic that I had given the wads to Mystic, including the sigsevvy ones. Not much to see, naturally. ^_~

Oh, and I'm not quite sure why the wad stopped working (Or even if it ever worked at all), but at one point I was actually able to open it in WA. =/

Does Zash really want this spread across the net like wildfire? I dont think so. Can it please be removed, im still friends with Zash and I really dont think he would like this.

Ritz said:
Mystic said:
Seen it already ^_^()
Omega the Hedgehog said:
I said:
Oh, and yeah, this is the same wad I had before, only it didn't work.
That's right, I leaked Starchaos long before you. Er, I mean, whoever did. I even mentioned in another topic that I had given the wads to Mystic, including the sigsevvy ones. Not much to see, naturally. ^_~

Oh, and I'm not quite sure why the wad stopped working (Or even if it ever worked at all), but at one point I was actually able to open it in WA. =/
Well then at least we have a leaked copy that WORKS ^_~
akirahedgehog said:
Does Zash really want this spread across the net like wildfire? I dont think so. Can it please be removed, im still friends with Zash and I really dont think he would like this.
Well Akira, if you look at the conversation he said he didn't mind. Also, it's not coming down; Zash has been claiming for months and months that he's been getting a LOT done and we just need to show everyone else what he's *really* done after all this time.

It's staying, like it or not. If Zash takes the link down [He's hosting it on that link right now] I'll put it on Ripway, simple as that.

Sik said:
ARGH!

I've tested the WAD and I'm going directly OUT OF THE LEVEL!!!
It doesn't have a thok barrier. Don't run against the wall too hard. It's also got an HOM because he apparently doesn't know how to properly texture stuff.

Basically, this is rather old news, but it basically confirms that Zash really WAS talking out of his ass the entire time.

I'd assume what happened was that Zash saw that SRB2 could be modded, decided he had to do it himself, made a bunch of claims on the message board, and then started to work. After about 3-4 hours, he realized it wouldn't be a cakewalk to make anything, and stopped. When we started to demand proof, he finished that piece of crap, which is what you see now.

Zash has already proven that he's incapable of properly functioning in a social situation, so it should come as no surprise that he can't WAD, either.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
~_^
akirahedgehog said:
Thankfully, the only 5% of the net that might actually care is restricted to this tiny forum, so it's already too late. Besides, he brought this upon himself. *Points and laughs*[/quote]

Omega the Hedgehog said:
~_^
akirahedgehog said:
Thankfully, the only 5% of the net that might actually care is restricted to this tiny forum, so it's already too late. Besides, he brought this upon himself. *Points and laughs*

Mystic said:
Sik said:
ARGH!

I've tested the WAD and I'm going directly OUT OF THE LEVEL!!!
It doesn't have a thok barrier. Don't run against the wall too hard. It's also got an HOM because he apparently doesn't know how to properly texture stuff.

I already know it...

Now, Ritz, have you a problem? I said it because your post was double (and with the same hour)... :S

I'm friends with Zash, too.

Still, that's not bad for a 10-year old. I see an awfull lot of persaverance in his work. He had to create all those stairs, and he had to re-re-re-tag about 6 FOFs. Now, me, I'm a lazy bum. I hate re-tagging blocks more than twice. That's why you never see any FOF stairs in my levels, unless I feel that they are absolutely neccesary. He has enough guts to WAD, he just doesn't have the knowladge of how to do it right. I'd give it a good 7/10, considering that it was made by a 10-year old and it was his first map, not to mention all the pressure that we demanded of him. That alone would make me quit.

If someone taught him how to WAD, then my guess would be that he would be one of the best when he gets just a little older; just enough to understand the concepts.

hotdog003 said:
I'm friends with Zash, too.

Still, that's not bad for a 10-year old. I see an awfull lot of persaverance in his work. He had to create all those stairs, and he had to re-re-re-tag about 6 FOFs. Now, me, I'm a lazy bum. I hate re-tagging blocks more than twice. That's why you never see any FOF stairs in my levels, unless I feel that they are absolutely neccesary. He has enough guts to WAD, he just doesn't have the knowladge of how to do it right. I'd give it a good 7/10, considering that it was made by a 10-year old and it was his first map, not to mention all the pressure that we demanded of him. That alone would make me quit.

If someone taught him how to WAD, then my guess would be that he would be one of the best when he gets just a little older; just enough to understand the concepts.
You'd all get goosebumps if I told you how old I am. *decapitated* :roll:

Also Ritz, the SRB2 Messageboard is 5% of the internet? I thought that belonged to henta---*demolished*

...or GameFA---*anhililated*

Sik said:
Now, Ritz, have you a problem? I said it because your post was double (and with the same hour)... :S
Whoops, guess I double-posted by accident. ^^;

HotDog: I feel the same exact way. While I may seem harsh at times, I DO consider Zash a friend as well. I also believe that given a few years time, he could have become a respectable member of the community.

Omega: Yes, I guess you have a point there. More like 0.2757213451% of the net, possibly less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back