Glaber's Ban and anything Sandwichface related ig

The drama only matters so much to you because you choose to let it bother you instead of simply ignoring it and continuing to play the game/interact with the rest of the community.

This was a hard-learned lesson for me.

I used to let another online group's problems consume my thoughts too much. Then, I got this job working in a hospital, and slowly but surely- Something happened. Those interpersonal conflicts of a petty nature, I don't worry about them anymore. (Especially if it wasn't my business to know.) I don't let them carry weight on my day-to-day thoughts.

When presented with the uncomfortable nature of our mortality, on more occasions than I should admit, those small-minded things don't register. You start to realize you were looking at life through a straw.

And we don't need to subject ourselves to extreme suffering to learn that. Any emotional distance we give ourselves from the goings on of life can give us the clarity to consider "And why are we so fixated on this?". Hobbies are very good for this, even.

It is so childish for us to waste 4-6 hours a day writing angry, argumentative, combative essays on the Internet. This is what happens when we humans care too much, and take everything too seriously; none of the meaningful change we want can come from that toxic mindset.

Life is better spent on maintaining our friendships and hobbies; not a "hobby" so fake and wasteful as burning bridges, like social media is so deeply entrenched in doing.

The time we give to "drama" is absolutely a choice.

I'm sorry about how I acted to the staff here. It was late and I was pretty tired, so I got a little emotional and decided to make that post. I was expressing my bottled up frustration with this community and slammed it at the devs for no reason whatsoever. I did make the thread because I don't normally care about community discourse, except for this one. I'll explain why.

I found out out SRB2 in May 2022 and absolutely fell in love with it. The amount of vanilla and modded content was staggering, and I couldn't have waited to enjoy it all. And 2 years later, I can say both vanilla and modded experiences were some of my best gaming ones. So when I found out about Reusability more by a certain sandwich, I got mad. I wanted to experience mods, both present and new, and reusability stopped that. It's why I defended the more open-sourced take of mods in a certain WS thread. And when I heard about 2.3's changes, that anger went to despair.

I really love this fangame, or really, Sonic game. Easily my #1 game of all time. And I love 2.2 and both its vanilla and modded experience. It's why I'm genuinely concerned about the fate of 2.3. You all have seen Ring Racer's release, and it's very mixed reception. While there's some positives, there were alot of mixed or negative feedback about the game and its changes compared to SRB2K. My concern is that 2.3 will become like this, where it's not on par with 2.2, or worse, a straight-up bad experience. It's the sole reason why I even care about the drama in SRB2, otherwise I would just carry on enjoying the game and ignore all this. It's why I beg 2.3 to not be a drastic change like Ring Racers; it's why I want it to be an improvement, not a change to the entire formula.

So I beg, even if it's futile, STJR, please do not make a drastic formula change like Ring Racers. I love SRB2 the way it is, and I believe others can back me up on this. Please do not remove the Thok.

Aside from that, I think I'll leave most community drama unless it's something major, like someone committing a murder or something idk
I might hang in threads every now and then, but I'm going to take a mental break from the forums. I'll check a little to see responses to this, but asides that, I'm really kinda done.

(Real quick, the point about Sandiwchface I was trying to make was under the snark was some genuine concern about the community. Like 2.3 potentially causing a rift in the community, or Reusability being a literal GPL license violation [according to him at least]. I'm not really gonna respond to this part of my response, so just talk amongst yourselves about it. Bye now)
Don't you think it's unreasonable to thrust all these expectations on a bunch of people working on a fangame in their spare time and not getting paid for it?
Ring Racers isn't perfect but a lot of passion and effort went into it and the developers have been receptive to feedback and have already released two patches addressing some of the most popular criticisms. If you like SRB2 Kart better, it isn't going anywhere, you can still boot it up whenever you want.
The devs will work on 2.3, in their spare time, without getting paid, because they want to work on it. They'll make whatever changes to 2.3 that they feel make it a better game, maybe you'll hate those changes like you've prophesized or maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised by something you didn't expect. Maybe they'll need to patch things up a bit in response to criticism; there's always a bit of guesswork as to how random people will respond to a game design decision. That's just how it goes.
The thing about your doom and gloom about drama causing a rift in the community is that it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you treat a bit of drama as a threat to forever ruin SRB2 for you, then it will. It's like the sword of damocles; you can't appreciate something if you're constantly plagued by anxiety that it might suddenly get taken away. If a mod doesn't work on a new version, play it on an old version. If you like 2.2 more than 2.3, then play 2.2.
Getting angry about Reusability is ridiculous. People are spending countless hours they could be spending doing literally anything else making you content to enjoy completely for free. In return, they simply ask that you respect their rights to their own labor, and don't appropriate it without their knowledge or consent. That's nothing. It's less than nothing. Are the countless hours of enjoyment you've gotten out of this game really as precious to you as you say if that's too high of an asking price?

.The drama only matters so much to you because you choose to let it bother you instead of simply ignoring it and continuing to play the game/interact with the rest of the community.
Uh, what point are you trying to make?
Are people choosing to let the drama bother them when they post something here? Are you choosing to let the drama bother you when you posted this? If this drama really didn’t matter at all, then why is this thread on page 7 already? Unless people want to talk about how much this drama doesn’t matter, that just doesn’t make any sense. This is pretty hypocritical tbh
Post automatically merged:

Don't you think it's unreasonable to thrust all these expectations on a bunch of people working on a fangame in their spare time and not getting paid for it?
No, no it isn’t. Just because you aren’t get any money to do this doesn’t mean you can just throw any and all reasonable expectations into the water and produce nonsense, you shouldnt need money for this 💀

Last edited:
(unless i missed something important that led up to this)
Plenty, yes. Start by reading the first three pages in this thread.

Uh, what point are you trying to make?
Their point is that you (or, well, @Bandder originally lol) can just not interact if you don't want to.

Take a look at this:
1715708346941.png

From all these threads, you chose this one. Maybe because it was in the front page on the "Latest posts" box, or you explicitly clicked this thread after entering the SRB2 Discussions forum, but you voluntarily entered this thread one way or another.
By no means are you forced to engage with this thread! You can just ignore it and go on your merry way.

This is also true with what some community members decide to classify as "drama". This "drama" you guys speak of is reasonably minor and at no point are you forced to give half a shit about it just to enjoy a game or interact with its community.
There are plenty of other threads to care about, and there's like two plus games for you to play with.

This is also true with what some community members decide to classify as "drama". This "drama" you guys speak of is reasonably minor and at no point are you forced to give half a shit about it just to enjoy a game or interact with its community.
There are plenty of other threads to care about, and there's like two plus games for you to play with.
People keep saying that this drama is minor, despite the fact that this thread has over 5 pages of pretty long post about this so called "minor drama"

If it was so minor, then why do people give this thread attention at all? It can't be both MINOR and MAJOR

If it was so minor, then why do people give this thread attention at all?
Because people like talking, dude. You're on a forum.
What do you think a forum is for? Letting things simmer?
If people want to talk about something, they will talk about it.

The joke is that if YOU don't want to give it attention, then just don't.

Last edited:
People keep saying that this drama is minor, despite the fact that this thread has over 5 pages of pretty long post about this so called "minor drama"

If it was so minor, then why do people give this thread attention at all? It can't be both MINOR and MAJOR
Substance > Size. If you actually read what's in the thread, you'll find that while there is some drama, a lot of the thread is actually support for Glaber and worrying for Sandwich's mental wellbeing and wishing him well now that he's no longer involved with the community. A decent amount of the drama is more recent, with the subject matter of it ironically being whether the drama matters or not and how big it is.

All that a thread having a lot of pages means is that people have a lot to say. It doesn't mean that there's a ton of drama in the thread, or that any drama that does exist within it is a big deal in the grand scheme of things within the community. Sometimes people need to talk about their feelings, and that can actually be a healthy thing when done in good faith.

Ring Racers isn't perfect but a lot of passion and effort went into it and the developers have been receptive to feedback and have already released two patches addressing some of the most popular criticisms. If you like SRB2 Kart better, it isn't going anywhere, you can still boot it up whenever you want.
The devs will work on 2.3, in their spare time, without getting paid, because they want to work on it. They'll make whatever changes to 2.3 that they feel make it a better game, maybe you'll hate those changes like you've prophesized or maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised by something you didn't expect. Maybe they'll need to patch things up a bit in response to criticism; there's always a bit of guesswork as to how random people will respond to a game design decision. That's just how it goes.
The thing about your doom and gloom about drama causing a rift in the community is that it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you treat a bit of drama as a threat to forever ruin SRB2 for you, then it will. It's like the sword of damocles; you can't appreciate something if you're constantly plagued by anxiety that it might suddenly get taken away. If a mod doesn't work on a new version, play it on an old version. If you like 2.2 more than 2.3, then play 2.2.
Getting angry about Reusability is ridiculous. People are spending countless hours they could be spending doing literally anything else making you content to enjoy completely for free. In return, they simply ask that you respect their rights to their own labor, and don't appropriate it without their knowledge or consent. That's nothing. It's less than nothing. Are the countless hours of enjoyment you've gotten out of this game really as precious to you as you say if that's too high of an asking price?
It's especially funny to me because (Forgive me for putting words in the team's mouth, I'll gladly shut it if I'm reaching a bit) I feel like if someone just wanted to come in, say "I'm gonna make my own custom SRB2 build that's more like pre 2.3 with blackjack and hookers" and get a thing going, I sincerely doubt anyone on the team would have major objections outside of obvious credit and such?

We had two custom SRB2 builds entered and accepted into SAGE, the Community build was obviously a thing for many many years back in "ye old days", we STILL get wild builds like SRB2 Persona and such, and there's very clearly still a passion for the older builds and people with the talent to pick up that torch.

Of course there's also the fact that 2.3 isn't out yet, is very much still getting experimented with and maaaaaybe it would be fair to the team to just wait for the actual release before questioning every single motive and idea thrown around?

Yeah, so what? His Community can't do anything about it, Nu-STJR and KartKrew are doing whatever they want with SRB2 and DRRR. Specifically, letting Sandwichface's community on their side of trying to get the devs a better future for Sonic Robo Blast 2.

EDIT: Removed "Nu-KartKrew" as I'm not familiar with the conflicts, and conversations about Sonic Team Junior.

Last edited:
Yeah, so what? His Community can't do anything about it, Nu-STJR and Nu-KartKrew are doing whatever they want with SRB2 and DRRR. Specifically, letting Sandwichface's community on their side of trying to get the devs a better future for Sonic Robo Blast 2.
nu-kart krew? there was never an old kart krew. I'd respond in a more intelligent way but I actually do not know what point your conveying.

nu-kart krew? there was never an old kart krew. I'd respond in a more intelligent way but I actually do not know what point your conveying.
Miss read the information, obviously. It's because I don't understand what my conflicts and other sort of things I would be talking about, seriously. You have no idea how I speak, if I was ADHD or Autistic.

Yeah, so what? His Community can't do anything about it, Nu-STJR and KartKrew are doing whatever they want with SRB2 and DRRR. Specifically, letting Sandwichface's community on their side of trying to get the devs a better future for Sonic Robo Blast 2.
This is why sandwichface exist, because the devs are making more stupid decisions rather then making smart ones

honestly after ring racers I don’t trust nu-stjr with this 2.3 update at all

Which is what I was ABOUT to say. I'm glad that there are people who have an honest opinion about Nu-STJR.

Plus, if 2.3 is just a garbage update. Then people from 2.2 will STAY. Because they think, that SRB2 is WHAT SRB2 IS ABOUT.

EDIT: Removed "Nu-KartKrew" as I'm not familiar with the conflicts, and conversations about Sonic Team Junior.
I don’t despise criticism, I just wanted to say one of his community are saying his reason of ban was unnecessary. Honestly I think it was necessary but what do you think guys?

I don’t despise criticism, I just wanted to say one of his community are saying his reason of ban was unnecessary.
I mean sure, it's obvious, but to some of us. It's just true honestly, how can we understand that the fact, Nu-STJR are doing something right for once? (Also, this is the third time I've said it. Oh my gosh, I'm so tired of this shit today).

What ban exactly?

I think the glaber ban was unnecessary, but the sandwitchface one was, because he's made it clear that he's done with srb2

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 8, Members: 1, Guests: 7)

Back