Glaber's Ban and anything Sandwichface related ig

Banjo268

Certified Bonified Idiot
This thread is solely made so people can stop flooding SRB2 The Past discussion talking about Glaber and Sandiwchface. If you want to rant about either, talk here. This goes for everyone, both members and staff. I could care less about the discussion at hand, but I won't let it infect other threads like how the WS thread did.

(Quickly though, my two cents for Glaber's ban: bro got banned for showing genuine frustration over the tutorial? That's why? Not saying something controversal or offensive, just criticizing? I don't have full context, so I don't know everything about the subject, but still. We can do better than this people.)

I don't have full context
he was banned for more than just airing his grievances with the game

There are tons of ways you could have said whatever you wanted to say and not been this weird and edgy about it. Cut this out.
The fact that 027 is even constructing and going the effort of sharing to other human beings at all of this embarrassing, ultra-online fantasy alternate timeline where Ring Racers actually failed as much as he claims, because of otherwise attempting to desperately find some coping mechanism of getting a temporary relief from thinking about the unholy bills he receives and which continuously scar him through the mail back down in his mother's basement a hundred feet within the earth, is a phenomenal watch in & of itself - no visit to a pathetically-shilled YouTube channel needed!

he was banned for more than just airing his grievances with the game
Ah, I see... interesting.
I hope this isn't a permaban as Glaber is a good guy (at least from what I know) and he's been around here for a while now. Hope everything goes smoothly.

Every time one of these threads pop up, it always proves my point on the SRB2 community is filled with mostly just pointless drama smh
This was only to condense any discussion around the recent controversy into here and not spread into other threads. I personally could not care less about the topic, but I don't wanna have a discussion about Glaber in a thread about Sonic 3.

Every time one of these threads pop up, it always proves my point on the SRB2 community is filled with mostly just pointless drama smh
I tend to just let it fly over my head, it's none of my concern to add my input anyhow.

It is, and I will fully blame myself for pushing it to this point.
This was one of the things I really thought about when I made my decision to stop making SRB2 content a few weeks ago. In my attempts to get people thinking about some of the topics I was presenting I made everything so much worse than it really needed to be.
I want this community to get better, and in some ways it already has (with the new reusability guidelines in regards to ports), but I can't tell you how to do run any of this. All I can do is give criticism, and if certain people adamantly refuse to at least consider it then all I'm doing is wasting my time.
I won't apologize for the last year and a half of output from my channel, but I can't say it's done me any favors either.
The fact that 027 is even constructing and going the effort of sharing to other human beings at all of this embarrassing, ultra-online fantasy alternate timeline where Ring Racers actually failed as much as he claims, because of otherwise attempting to desperately find some coping mechanism of getting a temporary relief from thinking about the unholy bills he receives and which continuously scar him through the mail back down in his mother's basement a hundred feet within the earth, is a phenomenal watch in & of itself - no visit to a pathetically-shilled YouTube channel needed!
That's funny. I always seem to get relentlessly shit on for a quarter of the vitriol on display here.
Interesting how that works.

This was only to condense any discussion around the recent controversy into here and not spread into other threads. I personally could not care less about the topic, but I don't wanna have a discussion about Glaber in a thread about Sonic 3.
But still tho, my point still stands this IS drama.

Last edited:
In my attempts to get people thinking about some of the topics I was presenting I made everything so much worse than it really needed to be.
I want this community to get better, [...] and if certain people adamantly refuse to at least consider it then all I'm doing is wasting my time.
I agree with most points you make on the community, the problem is you do it in the most aggressive, petty way imaginable. I think some members could elaborate on that point for me. I agree with your views and I think people should listen, but don't scold them and insult them while at it.

All I can do is give criticism, and if certain people adamantly refuse to at least consider it then all I'm doing is wasting my time.
So long as you give polite, constructive criticism then my personal belief is that it's never a waste of time whether it gets considered or not. The purpose of criticism is simply to bring attention to something that you feel could be handled better if done differently. They who is being criticized or is having their work criticized isn't obligated to follow the advice of the critic. Criticism is feedback, and it's up to those who are given feedback to decide what to do with it, for better or for worse. Still, I firmly believe that there is more value in providing the feedback at all than in saying nothing. If nothing is said, there's nothing to work with. If something is said, there's at least a chance of something happening with it.

don't scold them and insult them while at it.
This is really what it boils down to. If you want to provide criticism and you want that criticism to be seriously considered, you are shooting yourself in the foot if you don't address the person you are delivering the criticism to respectfully. All it does is make them not want to listen to you. This doesn't have anything to do with being thin/thick skinned either. Even if you are highly tolerant of insults, the odds are if someone comes up to you and rudely starts telling you what they think is wrong with something you made you are still going to feel inclined to disregard them even if you don't feel offended. Disrespectful criticism is always self sabotaging, and there's always respectful ways to delver harsh criticism so as to avoid it becoming toxic criticism.

This thread is solely made so people can stop flooding SRB2 The Past discussion talking about Glaber and Sandiwchface. If you want to rant about either, talk here. This goes for everyone, both members and staff. I could care less about the discussion at hand, but I won't let it infect other threads like how the WS thread did.

(Quickly though, my two cents for Glaber's ban: bro got banned for showing genuine frustration over the tutorial? That's why? Not saying something controversal or offensive, just criticizing? I don't have full context, so I don't know everything about the subject, but still. We can do better than this people.)
Can't object to this thread 👍 I hate shutting conversations that are bound to happen anyways down. No clean way to really do it anyways.

BTW @Banjo268 I don't believe in beating around the bush on this kind of stuff, I have a policy of being forthright about bans when people ask, but don't usually go into too much detail without being asked, because that itself causes drama sometimes. So there's no ambiguity, here's the ban message Glaber was given. https://pastebin.com/wbS9CunK Bans like these fucking suck to do because after ~15 years of hanging around each other, you'd think everyone could treat each other with a little respect. But if there's something I believe strongly, it's that someone being an oldbie shouldn't be an excuse for them to get away with shitty behavior no one else would be allowed to.

Will he get an unban? IDK, way too soon to talk about it. He burned a lot of bridges there and it takes effort to restore good faith.

Have you ever considered for a singular moment that maybe this is why I don't like you?
I was right. Take the fucking L.
I don't know you. I couldn't make an educated guess on why you don't like me. It's like you refer to a history between us, but we've had a conversation a grand total of once (which I initiated) and it was pretty down to earth.

I'm pretty easygoing, but whenever I've been in your position, having a deep-seated problem with someone, it's something I take up with them personally and try to hash out. Somewhere in 2022(?), before I was even familiar with you, you started exhibiting all sorts of wildly-hostile behavior from the sidelines and I was left without a clue as to what precipitated it. I did a search through anywhere I could to find out what our history was and where I may have slighted you, and all I could find was a single DM of me asking you to change your name from "Mao Tse Tung" on our Discord. 🤣

If you had wanted to bring up grievances, personal or general, I would have heard you out. Heck, I'm the person who made an entire forum for that here (Talk to the Staff) in case people don't feel comfortable doing it in public. So what your motivations could possibly be for being vitriolic at so many opportunities (such as coming into Glaber's unrelated thread to call my crew's behavior embarrassing), I'm not privy to them.

but we've had a conversation a grand total of once (which I initiated) and it was pretty down to earth.
You mean the conversation I explicitly told you to not share any details about and then proceeded to talk about at least twice after I told you to keep it between us?

You mean the conversation I explicitly told you to not share any details about and then proceeded to talk about at least twice after I told you to keep it between us?
I didn't even share the convo with staff.

I didn't even share the convo with staff.
LIAR.png

You couldn't even keep your mouth shut about it in public, you're literally just lying now.

View attachment 118493
You couldn't even keep your mouth shut about it in public, you're literally just lying now.
LOL!???? This is such a non-leak. How is this evidence of a leaked conversation!? All I know now is that you two had a conversation. That's pretty cool! (I now know next to nothing about this conversation other than it existed)

View attachment 118493
Yeah, I've been very prudent about not sharing the contents of that conversation like you asked. You thought it was important so I took it seriously. The fact that we HAVE SPOKEN is not private.

Once again, who are you to criticize anyone for "lying", anyhow? You're the person who posted this, without even verifying it. And a step above simply perpetuating misinfo, you then proceed to tell everyone that it was a post I deleted and that people shouldn't believe me. You're the one who tells lies, don't project on me, mister.
1714662841309.png

Have you ever considered for a singular moment that maybe this is why I don't like you?
I was right. Take the fucking L.

Everything you sent in the SRB2P thread, DM included, was so dripping with confirmation bias I'd swear Ring Racers killed your grandma. You wanted it to fail because reasons, and you both insisted the faked message from Charyb was real and ran with the notion that Glaber was banned for disliking the tutorial cause they gave you an excuse to dunk on Kart Krew.
And yet you haven't been banned. Have you considered that this could be because nobody truly understands what your beef is, and they actually want to hash things out with you civilly?
You could be a tad more charitable.

View attachment 118493
AFAIK none of the details of the convo were ever discussed. even in the event that they were (which i doubt) i have to say it doesn't feel to me like she owes you anything, considering all of the drama-stirring you've done, and especially considering all the harrassment you've thrown specifically in her direction for some reason

Honestly I've been watching from the sidelines for a while and the only thing i can surmise from all of your posts is that you're perpetually mad and self-righteous over nothing in particular.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 6, Members: 4, Guests: 2)

Back