• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Free Windows SRB2 level creation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figure it out? It's an edit of Mystic's original guide, which used information supplied by AJ, who actually programmed this stuff. I did add to/correct the sky list and music list by looking at the lumps in srb2.srb and music.dta, but that didn't take very long at all.

4th day of usin' DoomBuilder and I allready know about switches and currents... How do I upload a map to the Addons section of SRB2? I can't seem to get it through bny E-mail.

Sorry. In another topic, He said that he didn't recieve it... maybe I sent him another map then what I said... don't trust me at all.

Are you guys sure your e-mail is working, because I'm receiving files, but I haven't received anything from you people at all.

Come to think about it, I never recieved replies from other people to... I feel stupid! :oops: At least Mystic isn't dead! J/J

If Hotmail dosen't have a bug, then it's working for me. Are you sure that you didn't recieve them? Maybe Mystic has a filter that filters out the HTML in the message... That would do it!

Oh, by the way, how do I put things on top of FOFs? They didn't say how to do it in their guide! Also, what do all the tags like "block sound" and "deaf" mean, anyway?

Block Sound will make a wall unclimbable by Knuckles. Deaf will make Jetty-Syns stand still and not shoot, make rings float 32 units off the ground, and make player starts drop the player from the sector's ceiling.

To place objects in midair, you must understand hexadecimal.

For all objects except Player Starts, multiply the number of units above the floor you want the object by 16, and then convert it to hex. Add 7 (For the Easy/Normal/Hard flags.

Now right click on the object and go to "Edit Raw Data". Find the bitset and type in the number.

For instance, an object 256 units above the floor would have a bitset of 0x1007

Simple enough? *beaned*

I made the objectplace mode so I didn't have to screw with hexidecimal and bitshifts. I just move where I want the !@#$% object, and press the 'place' button.

But bitshifts are so much nicer ^_^

What can I say...I prefer having the 2D plane when I'm trying to place objects.

Mystic said:
What can I say...I prefer having the 2D plane when I'm trying to place objects.

That's what objectplace's GRID setting is for. Plus, you can switch to map view....

And you can tweak the position later in an editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back