• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Free Windows SRB2 level creation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's free and open source, it allows you to draw sectors directly on the map, and it's more customisable. I've been telling people about Doom Builder too, and I use it, though not exclusively. Most maps I make require use of WadAuthor, Doom Builder, DeePsea, and LumpMod. WinTex too if I'm adding sprites or patches.

Doombuilder is an essential part of my wad designing process. Well, ok, not essential, but it is great for aligning textures. You can do that in full 3D. It doesn't show any SRB2 specials, but you can't align textures on them anyway. :D

Excellent work, why not tell us what the error said? That's what error messages are for, after all.

Hmm, Interesting...

Thanks a441, I don't have that problem... Weird... :?
My config has been updated in that way and others too... Please redownlad it. Thanks,

My temporary solution is to tell it to include graphics from graphics.wad, the same file used with WadAuthor, but it still lists textures from DOOM 2 that way. I'm trying to find a better option.

Using SRB2 Textures

To use the SRB2 textures, go to configuration(F5), to the Files tab, then set the Sonic Robo Blast 2 IWAD to srb2.srb. You may have to make a copy of srb2.srb and rename it srb2.wad. Good luck! Oh, "odd" shaped textures will look crazy, but other than that, DB is swell! :P

Oh cool, it accepts srb2.srb as an IWAD. By "odd shaped textures," do you mean "flats larger than 64x64"? That's what I made graphics.wad for; it has the large flats shrunken down. Maybe I can make an IWAD version of it for Doom Builder.

SRB2 World is down right now for a server move, so I'll paste the updated version of the map header tutorial:

[edit: It's back up, so go there.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back