Ever composed music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
*appluads* I like the Angel Island theme. (hmm...Angelus...go figure...)

I haven't really composed music, persay. I can play it on the piano if I really wanted to. It's been years, so I'd be rusty if I tried ._.

Wow, tec o.o

Great job o.o

What program did you use? (or did you record it with real instruments?)

recorded it from my keyboard and used some drum synthesizers.
if you go a little back from here, you'll find more of my work, all with my keyboard.
EDIT: btw, if some of you guys couldn't access my "chasevid1" theme, here you can also download it directly: Click Here.
EDIT2: You got some very nice piano skills! How old are you?

Wow tec, it sounds like professional recording o.o They sound truly wonderful, and your composition skill is amazing T-T

I'm 18 ^^, I want to post more classical videos though (hopefully around this Thanksgiving, when I have a video camera). I really want to post La Campanella during that time ^^
Also, I might post two compositions that I wrote for piano, but they are no where near the level of yours xD

Wow, La Campanella? I tried it but that finger-switching-part drove me crazy! I guess it'll take months for me to practice! La Campanella is really hard! Right now I practice this Military Polonaise by Chopin. It's all right, but also hard at certain points.
Nother problem with me is that you won't hear a single recording of me playing the piano without messing up. =( Like, I always make some minor unclean-ness (not to mention my major mistakes). I guess I'm a little frustrated right now (which causes me not to practice any more than 20 minutes a day X_X ) I guess I got a little rusty there (uh, I'm 15).
(lol and I'd rather boil my head first than learn a piece by sheet music)
You're really good, cuz you don't mess up at all! I wonder how long you've been practicing on each of the songs you play (if you need to practice at all XD)

One thing that really helped me decrease the amount of mistakes I have in my performance was increasing my sight reading ability. I did this by accident ^^

When I first found sheet music online, I kind of went piano crazy, because I never knew that there were sheets of so many songs that I have heard and enjoyed! I found tons of anime/video game themes that I have loved xD I printed out over 50 songs and would play through them all several times, not because I wanted to improve, but because I wanted to play the songs. For the first time in a long time, I was really enjoying the music I played ^^

After playing through so many different pieces that I enjoyed, I became much more expressive in my playing, and an improvement in my sight reading came naturally. Now whenever I play pieces, I don't focus on the notes, but on the song itself. On enjoying the piece, for example, this one I liked a lot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjz7ILFnNMY&feature=email
(Played all the right notes, but sounds weird in one part. I think sheets were wrong xD. But anyways, playing musically is much more important than playing all the right notes, and when you play musically and passionately, the notes will come naturally ^^)

Of course, when I practice, I'll focus on learning the notes, but when I play, I just try to create music that I enjoy ^^
Also, I found that closing your eyes and playing makes it so much easier to hear the song rather than just notes. (This may be awkward at first, it definitely was for me, but believe, if you know a piece really well, you'll be able to play it eyes closed, and you'll be able to hear it at a whole new level ^^)
---------------------
So, I guess my suggestion is, find some songs you really like and play them because you love the music ^^

Carnival Night Zone 2
Ice Cap Zone 2
Launch Base Zone 2

Just in case you ask, these are all from Sonic 3.

It may be suprising that I've managed to make 3 in less than 1 day, but it won't be so suprising to those who know how similar these are to their act 1 versions of these zones' music. I mean, these were some of the easiest ones to make, as I had already done their act 1 versions which gave me a head start. This makes me wish these zones' act 2's music were more unlike their act 1s than they are. :(

Urmm... Didn't other people here make MIDIs of tunes from games and post them here too? You should tell that to them too. Now I'm going to have nowhere for my Sonic 1/2/3/& Knuckles MIDIs... unless I make my own topic, which I thought wouldn't be a good idea due to the lack of attention I get from making those MIDIs of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back