Ever composed music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of these sound nice Monster, but how about some original stuff from you? There might be some already in the topic, but most of what I've seen is just already songs made into midi format.

I have released two of my own MIDIs, and both can be found on page 5 of this topic. Ever since I had released those two, after reading what Ash (who was the only one to comment on those two MIDIs of mine) said about them, I wasn't sure that all the other tunes I've made up would be any good to the rest of you. Maybe you should comment on them too.

Anyway, I've made another MIDI for you all to enjoy:
Spring Yard Zone

Um, if we go back to page 5, we're gonna get this:

The key you provided for file download was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on Mediafire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or Mediafire.

In that case, I'll have to reupload those two. Now that you've mentioned that those links are not working, I'd better check my MIDIs on page 7 too.

Here are new links to those two MIDIs I was on about:
Phantasmal Orbit Act 1
Ocean Gorge Act 1

What do you think of them?

EDIT: I've reuploaded all the MIDIs on page 7 that were previously unavailable to download. They should all work fine, for now.

Ocean Gorge:

Bass is too low. Am, F, Bdim, Em is what you have at the beginning. It's not bad, but a G would be much better than Bdim. The melody was very well done. I like the little sixteenth note sequence on measure 25. First six measures were quite neat, too. String chords were too loud, though.

Phantasmal Orbit:
Quite well done and highly competent not counting more overly low bass notes. Once you get that low, even octaves sound dissonant. You need to get rid of other dissonance found in the bass. This is the better of the two.

Monster Iestyn said:
One of my own compositions this time. This would have been for my brother's mod, if only he hadn't given up on it since he lost nearly everything in his "My documents" folder.

Backup your files, kids! ;)

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
Monster Iestyn, that EWZ1 sounds like it's actually from a 16-bit professional video game. But it needs less repetition in it. I LOVE the meshing of the square wave and the electric piano.

Well, I think the reason for it sounding like a 16-bit professional video game is because I've been making MIDIs of music from Sonic 1/2/3/& Knuckles (which I believe are 16-bit games, right?) for quite a while now.

Anyway, I'm wondering what my EWZ1 MIDI would sound like as an OGG file. Maybe you could try making it into an OGG?

Blossom Gardens Zone 1

Another one of my own compositions. This one is for the already-released Blossom Gardens Zone 1, the first level in my Doomsday Pack mod (which I haven't worked on for quite a long time now), yet I'm not sure if it would fit that level of mine. What do you guys think of it?

At the moment, MY computer, the one with XG, doesn't push out any sort of sound anymore when it was brought back home. Must have done something wrong with plugging everything back in. So no, I can't really OGGify it.

EDIT: Only thing wrong I hear with BGZ1 is that it just has too many grace notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back