Ever composed music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first, I thought the chord progression needed changing in Act 1, so it would sound a bit better. Act 2 proved my hypothesis wrong; I think I just don't particularly like the bassline in Act 1. Act 2 had rather piercing effects made when the Sawtooth Wave and Ice Rain Effects were playing the same notes; that was just too loud.

EDIT: That's the best interpretation of Sonic 3 Special Stage I've heard yet. That's definitely one you wanna give to VGMusic.com.

I've finally got myself to upload my MIDIs to VGMusic, after seeing that comment of SonicMaster's which convinced me to, so you'll be able to find them all there now.

not to sound like a noob or anything but what programs do you use to make your own music?

Midi sequencers; there are freeware ones available such as Anvil Studio, but if you're willing to cash in some money, you can get something like Cubase as well.

I use Cubasis; it's outdated, but it works well for midis. For me, anyway.

super said:
not to sound like a noob or anything but what programs do you use to make your own music?

I use Cubase SX, Version 2. I know there's a Version 3, but I don't feel I need to get that version yet.

>> << Ok, even though I can't read music I still wanted to make a midi, so here it is.

-Boss-

(music is mine, Do not use without permission please)

misleaddreamer1sz5.png
misleaddreamer2sw4.png

Due to a computer wipe, I had to scan it. Ah well. I'll get it back on Finale, eventually.

Your midis are all very nice, and very accurate too monster ^-^

But I think the reason why they don't get much feedback is that this is a topic about composing, not transcribing D:

But I have to say, you are very good at melodic and harmonic dictation ^-^

You've got a lot of good melodic bits going here. However, your melody is often being buried by your accompaniment and bass, especially in your last melody starting in measure 76 where you had your melodic line essentially double your bass line in octaves. Perhaps you could space your voices more openly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back