• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dash's World: Moving to releases/massive update

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were a little redundant, DashFox, but, yay, the new release is out! :D

Oh, and why get rid of FOFs? o-O

Bug: The shadow is no longer yellow in Twilight Mode. Is it suppose to be like that? :/

Yay, a new update! *Goes to see what the update is like so he can adjust Radiant Way to the new EXE*

EDIT: Lol at unsupported MD2's? All I get is a shadow on the ground.

EDIT2: Whoops. I just don't have the Sonic model loaded.

EDIT3: 3rd edit at fear of double posting, but has anyone typed in the console: "tunes 1036 1.5?" The menu music sounds awesome!

A Forest Wolf said:
I can't hear the music but I have the music files copy pasted and then renamed them to what it should be...
Check the volume under sound on options and if you have another sound card make sure that the one your using is the default one.

Silent_Snipe said:
A Forest Wolf said:
I can't hear the music but I have the music files copy pasted and then renamed them to what it should be...
Check the volume under sound on options and if you have another sound card make sure that the one your using is the default one.

No, you don't rename anything, you copy music.dta and srb2.srb into the folder you keep the mod in, there's a readme in the zip, and instructions on the first page.

My bad I haven't looked on the first post in a long time >.>

When I looked at the folder I put your mod is in all the stuff is named right >.>

When I tried extracting the source code, the load bar stops at 1/10 then the estimated time starts rising to an hour and it still goes on. What in the world?!

sonic260 said:
When I tried extracting the source code, the load bar stops at 1/10 then the estimated time starts rising to an hour and it still goes on. What in the world?!

That's not my fault, it's your computer that's acting up, I could extract it fine.

Chisuun said:
How are slopes coming along?

I'm working on other things, I can't seem to figure out the way linedef angles and slope angles work in the old code enough for me to figure out how to make an easy, logical way to setup a decorative slope.

From the readme included with slopeswin.exe
CREATING SLOPES IN DOOMBUILDER by Antiporcupine

READ THIS BEFORE CREATING SLOPES!!!

1. Create sector (duh).
2. Insert slope thing. Thing should be #70**, with ** being the angle of the requested slope, in degrees. For instance, a 30 degree slope is #7030, and a 45 degree slope is #7045. If you have the SRB2 DoomBuilder exe, and the Srb2ex.cfg file that came in this ZIP, a number of slope things should be present in the select menu, with every 5 degrees from 5 to 85. These are not all the available things (anything from #7001 to #7089 should work); they're just all I felt like including.
3. Choose slope direction. The direction of the thing is the direction from its base to its top. This is now implemented for all 360 degrees.

Now the slope is finished. Some final warnings:

1. Do NOT set the deaf tag! I am planning on using that for ceiling slopes when I have the time; so if you set it on any slopes in your WAD, the WAD will probably be broken once I implement things further.
2. Do NOT change the height (z offset) of the slope thing! Again, I may use that for other features later on.
3. I have NOT tested or attempted to use slopes with FOFs yet, and they probably will not work.
4. You will need to set the height of any other things inside the sloped sector; again, I am trying to fix this, which may eventually cause errors on your side. I'm sorry for the inconveniences; just be patient.

Thanks for reading, and good luck!
But of course, I think Antiporcuipine never got farther then this.

Example map: here

I stand by my opinion on this entire mod, but to repeat what I've already said:
How do you expect to get slopes working when SSNTails can't?

You can't get slopes working by uncommenting code. >_>

Here's an idea: Put stairs under the slope. That way, you walk on top of the slope. This could look weird for long and low slopes, but, meh, it could work. :/

Here's how it works: Build the slope, then make stairs in another area. Drag the stairs under the slope and crop them to make it that they fit with the slope.

EDIT: Also, make sure the stairs are the same size as the slope to prevent it from looking weird. o-O

Hyper Shadic X said:
Here's an idea: Put stairs under the slope. That way, you walk on top of the slope. This could look wierd for long and low slopes, but, meh, it could work. :/

Here's how it works: Build the slope, then make stairs in another area. Drag the stairs under the slope and crop them to make it that they fit with the slope.
Yea but the sprite will still go though the sloop. even if dash decides to stop attempting to give the sloops a collision he still should leave it enabled for decerative purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back