• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dash's World: Moving to releases/massive update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why either, but since I ran this, this has been the only program with working (colored) opengl (SRB2 related that is). I tried re-installing and it didn't work. I just re-started, so I haven't checked yet. It may be my computer, but this wasn't happening before.
EDIT: It still happens.
EDIT2: I think it may have become a problem on my comp, as it only happens on fullscreen. Windowed doesn't do it.

That happens to me when my video card isn't working. It happened to me recently when I formatted my computer, and didn't update my NVidia driver. It was running on the old Intel, but the monitor was connected to the new video card. The whole screen was blue-ish, and it was running at 1 frame per second.

If you didn't get a new video card, or touched the cables, then try updating it.

... Okay...

This is a nice mod and all, but the players are completely invisible, and my player md2 is hidden. Any way I can fix that?

EDIT: Found out how to change the MD2.

There's a few new things I've done recently with this:

First is a comparison of filters:

This is srb2's default filter, bilinear, it has a noticeably extra blurry HUD and character sprite:
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7203/bilinvy8.png

This is the filter the mod used as the default, trilinear, which blurred everything:
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1318/trilinjg3.png

And this is my simple new mix of filtering, trilinear nearest, it only blurs textures and sprites in the distance:
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4782/trinearzb3.png

Also:

GL lights can actually be positioned now, meaning light sources won't just stick to the ceiling

2D mode scrolls the camera side to side like in sonic rush, an srb2svn feature

The get-up-while-spinning feature has been made so you have to hold the lightdash button down for half a second for it to work and you can't hold it down so it happens a billion times a second anymore.

Sky Ninja said:
Um... WTF? I ran this, and now when I run anything else in OGL, it's blue at some parts, and green at others. I checked gamma settings, and everything was normal.
The mod comes with a custom r_opengl.dll, doesn't it? Keep a backup of the original to play normal SRB2 properly.

I'll Begin said:
DashFox2007 said:
And this is my simple new mix of filtering, trilinear nearest, it only blurs textures and sprites in the distance:
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/4782/trinearzb3.png
YES!!! About time someone did that. I actually requested it in the 1.1 suggestions topic a while ago.

I'm thinking that was the default blur effect in Dash's World. o-O

Edit: Nvm. I just realised it kinda looks software-ish and OGL-ish, and only the things in the distance are blurred.

Shuffle said:
Sky Ninja said:
Um... WTF? I ran this, and now when I run anything else in OGL, it's blue at some parts, and green at others. I checked gamma settings, and everything was normal.
The mod comes with a custom r_opengl.dll, doesn't it? Keep a backup of the original to play normal SRB2 properly.
Me said:
I tried re-installing and it didn't work.
A re-install includes r_opengl.dll, and it doesn't come with a custom one, it appears to come with a duplicate of absolutely everything.

Sky Ninja said:
Me said:
I tried re-installing and it didn't work.
A re-install includes r_opengl.dll, and it doesn't come with a custom one, it appears to come with a duplicate of absolutely everything.

@ the name: Failure. XP

@ the quote: Well, maybe DashFox just messed with OGL so much that your graphics cart screwed up when you used it in windowed mode.

Yeah, I forgot if it was windowed or full screen. :/

And WTH, this is only a beta/alpha and it has 50 pages.

It still doesn't look like you finished the second level yet. You leave us on an empty platform, and the only thing left to do is to fall to our doom. We can't go back to the beginning in 2D mode anyway, unless you're Knuckles. You should also find a way to get us to step on the 3D to 2D platform without speeding up to the end of the level as Tails in 3D mode.

Oh yeah, I know I haven't finished the second level yet, but I know how to design the level so that the whole 3D to 2D path works properly and for the player to be able to go back if he/she wants to, I'll make sure the path is finished on next release.

God, MAP02 lags like hell. Of course, that's because my computer is a cheap piece of crap, and I'm too cheap and lazy to soup it up.

New map:
shot0010ot7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back