• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dash's World: Moving to releases/massive update

Status
Not open for further replies.
O and DashFox, Princess said she only to do a friendly competition(Your levels vs her levels), not a EXE vs a WAD. WTF we look like doing that?

As a matter of a fact, lemme try your levels to see how good they are.

Dash, this has been bothering me for a while now, but the music you chose for the title screen sounds extremely familar... where did you get it?

sonic260 said:
Dash, this has been bothering me for a while now, but the music you chose for the title screen sounds extremely familar... where did you get it?

I made it.

--------------------------------------------------------

And it should be noted that this mod uses code from another project, which is the SVN srb2jte. If you read the source code, people are credited, but since most people won't read it, I just want to state that I used code from srb2jte and shufflerb2. Which means, I did not make all of the exe myself. If anyone thought I was trying to pass of other's work as my own, I'm updating the docs.zip and first page.

What I intended to do was take features from the public SVN and extend them.

DashFox2007 said:
JRose said:
Mac problem. ibook G4

Its not working at all. So I ran it though the Terminal. It looks like its trying to run the framework from your user account. Also Alam's new Mac version has a similar problem.

1) Ctrl Click on the application
2) Click on "Show package contents"
3) Go into Contents->Frameworks
4) Open up another finder window for your home folder
5) Go into your "Library" folder
6) Create a new folder in the library folder and name it "Frameworks"
7) Copy the game's frameworks into the new folder

This has been tested on an iBook G4, eMac G4, and a Macbook (64 bit Intel) running Leopard.
Problem fixed. Also why can't it run without put the framework in. You would think it could run the framework from with in its self.

DashFox2007 said:
And it should be noted that this mod uses code from another project, which is the SVN srb2jte. If you read the source code, people are credited, but since most people won't read it, I just want to state that I used code from srb2jte and shufflerb2. Which means, I did not make all of the exe myself. If anyone thought I was trying to pass of other's work as my own, I'm updating the docs.zip and first page.

What I intended to do was take features from the public SVN and extend them.
That means that we can add bots?*Shot, Stabbed and bricked*

No, mikesward, or else ALL the data files will be replaced, and Tail's MD5 data is different than the main one.

I said that, but I deleted my post because DashFox told me on IRC that it's pretty hard to do, more hard than you might think.

Feature Info(Incomplete):

Key:
Original: I coded this myself
SVN: An online system of files with SRB2 source code
Extension: This feature was someone else's, but I added to it
Reworked: Changed someone else code to do some thing different
Recoded: Took someone else's code and completely changed it
Addition: Some thing completely new, a feature you won't find anywhere else

Switch from 3D to 2D
Source: SVN + SRB2 Riders Merge
Kind of Feature: Extension

This isn't really a brand new feature, this effect was done in the SRB2Riders mod, and was shown in the 1.1 preview video. My version of the feature
was merged between the SVN version of SRB2 and SRB2Riders. My version of the effect uses the same method as other exes, it works by adding a flag to the player that tells the game to switch to 2D control. To use it in a level:

Give the sector where you want the effect to start a type of 432(Anywhere in sector) or 434(Floor Touch) the player does not need to constantly be in a sector with a type of 432 or 434 for the player to stay in 2D mode. The player will continue to travel from left to right when viewed from overhead on a map with the camera facing upwards while in 2D mode unless a disable 2D mode sector 433(Anywhere in sector) or 435(Floor Touch) is touched.

Notes: Only the player moves in 2D, enemy AI's for 2D mode have not yet been coded.
If you do not restrict the player( As in making them enter through a small hole or teleport so they can only move in 2D mode on one path)
make sure the player can complete the part of the level or switch back to 3D no matter which plane they are in.

-------------------------------------------

Day to Night:
Source: Shufflrb2 SVN merge

Like Shuffrb2, you can put timeofday = 1 in a map header to enable the day to night function.
The addition to timeofday is that the fog dynamically changes, such as fog being thicker and darker during the night
and an orange tint during sunset. The next version of the mod wil feature the option to change the pitch and speed of a map's music depending on the time of day.

-----------------------------------

Water Slides/Wind:
Source: Original
Kind of Feature: Addition

Normally you can use sector type 512 in combination with a linedef to make a wind/water current effect, you can use sector type 513 instead to make the player go into their pain animation, 1.1 video style.

--------------------------------------------

Particles:
Source: Shufrb2 SVN merge
Particles, a feature introduced by Shuffle, is basically a simple system for groups of sprites to appear on screen, they are used throughout the mod in various places. They can be used via a soc action: A_EmitParticle, var 1 is the color, and var2 is how many to emit a second.

----------------------------------------------------

Trampoline/AntiGrav Effect

A simple new effect, this makes the player suddenly move straight up when touching a floor with a type of 500-511. 500 is the weakest, 511 is the strongest.

--------------------------------------------

Twilight Mode:

A new mode in progress, all it does right now is turn the game grayscale and give the player a multicolored
shadow. This is to be extended in the future, you can enable this by typing: "twilight on" in the console.

-------------------------------------------------

MapInfo:
Source: Shufrb2 SVN merge
Kind of Feature: Reworked

A simple feature originally by shuffle, like mapcredits, you can give a map header a line of mapinfo =
you can enter any kind of text you want the player to see along with the level name when starting a new level after the =.

---------------------------------------------------

Slopes:
Source: In the original source code
Kind of Feature: Reworked

No proper way to set this up, try experimenting with slope.wad.
A proper setup method may be done in the future.

----------------------------------------------

Digging:
Source: SVN Shuffrb2
Kind of Feature: Recoded

A character with a line of "digging = 1" in their character skin setup can dig while jumping in the air and pressing lightdash.
While underground, the player is invunurable to damage(Unless in match, tag, or CTF) the player must come up for air after a certain period of time. When you
jump out of the ground after digging you must land on the ground and junmp to dig again, this is to prevent players from repeatedly going underground.
When you jump out of the ground you are vunaruable to damage, as soon as you land you can jump normally again.

-------------------------------------------

Any questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back