• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dash's World: Moving to releases/massive update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, what platforming? If you're trying to advertise platforming, you're doing a horrible job.

Also, it's fine to have a level that doesn't have much platforming just as long as everything else can compensate. You already seem to have your heart set on platforming, though.

Here's a more platform centric screenshot – it's underneath the part with the bridges in the first screenshot.
shot0013kw6.png

Note: Day to night changing, shifting from daytime to sunset

DashFox, I IDOL you! And I hope you take my advice for the MD2's so that Tails and Knux can be used as MD2's too. :) But if you decide not too, I'm going to play this anyway. :O

P.S. [offtopic] nice new avatar CZ64. :)[/offtopic]

Download this mod when released,
Play this in Twilight mode,
Add tailsdollenemy.wad,
Use objectplace,
???,
PROFIT!

But seriously, this is looking good!

No, no, it's real, I really don't think there's any way I can show it it's real until I release the mod....

shot0007kh0.png

EDIT: It's more than a black and white effect, I'm planning on making lots of other things act all different in this mysterious new mode.

This is a very ambitious project you're attempting. I'd suggest eliminating some planned features that are frankly kinda useless, like that in-game calculator you were planning, and work on the gameplay/visual effects first. Just my opinion...

Whackjood said:
DashFox2007 said:
*Image*
Twilight mode!

What? I can see why you are putting in most of your other features, but an effect which is a greyscale version of the game?

Actually, DashFox and I were descussing this on mIRC. It's really going to be almost pitch-black, exept corona lights will be as visible as before. One of the very(sp?) reasons this is an OpenGL-biased mod. Anyone who can't run OGL or MiniGL, then I guess this mod isn't for you anyway. ^^' Keep it up, DF!

Well, if SSN can't be bothered to work on OpenGL, I think we're ought to show him this...

Well actually, I'm not a good enough a programer to know how to optimize OpenGL as much as I would want to, so I'm just making little edits here and there.

What? I can see why you are putting in most of your other features, but an effect which is a greyscale version of the game?

Why? Because it's awesome :P (And it also adds new gameplay too)

If you do anything, you will tell me exactly how to create the slope code. But, this looks... okay....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back