• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dash's World: Moving to releases/massive update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've reached the conclusion that slopes were implemented in such a so complex way that I would never be able to use them x_X

DashFox2007 said:
Triangle Trumper said:
How do you activate it anyway?
Well, enabling it in the source simply involves uncommenting some lines and changing around some text.

To use it in a map works like this:

Create a sector outside of the map and tag a sector to a linedef the same way you would set up an FOF.

The sector slopes from the two linedefs that are farthest from each other in that sector, the sector either from bottom to top or left to right when viewing the map from an overhead view.

Making a sector next to the sloped sector makes a slope down the side
of a slope.

Which lines do I need to uncomment/change? *heehee*

EDIT: What linedef type do I need for the map?

Point taken.

Can you stop putting random advertisements in topics you think are popular? It's starting to get a bit annoying. Maybe people would pay attention to your mod if there was more substance and less advertising?

Re: Beta

Mega_Hyper_Shadow said:
Hey, can ou please post the beta? We wanna be able to see what's changed. (And I have no patience. LOL)
What's so funny? No, we're not posting the beta. You don't want to see what's changed. You want to play it for yourself for entertainment, same thing goes with people who say that they will beta test WADs and give feedback, but never do.

Re: Beta

Mega_Hyper_Shadow said:
Hey, can ou please post the beta? We wanna be able to see what's changed. (And I have no patience. LOL)

Are you talking about this mod, or the other one?

DashFox2007 said:
Hey, does anyone know if sideways gravity is going to be in 1.1?

I don't think it will. It would require making lots of new sprites for it to work, and I don't think that would do SSNTails any good.

DashFox2007 said:
No, you wouldn't need any new sprites if you do it the right way and make all the sprites draw sideways.

That would only work for the back and front sprites. Now what about the other angles?

If I remember correctly, there isn't going to be any sideways gravity. I'm guessing you were only thinking about slopes. =|

I've yet to see ANYTHING other than complete vapor come out of this project. The demo you released that one day (and removed because of my criticism) was awful, and it appears that you aren't even working on levels, and only thinking about the vast amounts of features you could add to it. Simple thing is: if there's no substance to back up those features, what you have is completely worthless.

Have you even fixed those bugs I mentioned before, or were you too caught up in trying to impress everyone with slopes?

You have MD2 models. Make it so those are rotated when you go on walls or up slopes.

Speaking of which, wall collision is buggy in 1.09.4, whether you're running against them or climbing on them with Knuckles, so be careful if you make the character walk on walls.

Ash said:
I've yet to see ANYTHING other than complete vapor come out of this project.
Yes, you're right, I haven't shown much of the actual mod, but I'm working on
that now
Ash said:
The demo you released that one day (and removed because of my criticism) was awful,
Yeah, I know, that's long gone now, when I release this, it'll actually have the mod part in it.
Ash said:
and it appears that you aren't even working on levels, and only thinking about the vast amounts of features you could add to it.
Not anymore, I know I said I was focusing on the source only before, now the focus is on the levels, I'm actively working on them now, and it won't be too long before I give out a real release of this mod.
Ash said:
Have you even fixed those bugs I mentioned before, or were you too caught up in trying to impress everyone with slopes?
Yeah, all of those have been fixed.

Edit: So the level I put in the first post counts as vapor too?
shot0051xh5.png

I cant wait for this if you actually get slopes working, then i'm going to start playing srb2 netgames again.

chase said:
I cant wait for this if you actually get slopes working, then i'm going to start playing srb2 netgames again.

If he manages to actually finish something, rather than say crap. I'll be impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back