• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dash's World: Moving to releases/massive update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, I'm not sure if I should release Dash, because I wanted him to be seen at the end of some levels.....

Any chance of seeing anymore material, as in gfx and textures?

By the way, what plans do you have for the levels?

Oh yes, the textures, I'll show many of them tommorow along with GFX as well.

As for the levels, I'm trying to do level themes that haven't been done before, such as a candy-themed level or something. The reason why the mod has not been released is mainly because levels take a long time to make, three weeks of work could only equal one minute of gameplay, it's hard to make a very long and detailed map when you've got a game that's meant for the player to speed through hours of work in 4 minutes...

I do have an almost final list of levels that are going to be included with the beta though. My goal is to release 15 levels with the beta.
Once I release the first beta, I'll touch up things like the starpost and change it from one angle to all angles and other things like that. Beta 2 shall include all cutscenes and touched up sprites. Beta 3 will include new and more touched up sprites. Beta 4 will include completed socs, graphics, and new textures. After Beta 4 is: Dash's World V1, which will include all levels except for NiGHTs levels, and it will not include 3D models. After version 1 I'll keep adding more and more levels and new material to the mod.

Edit: I'll also keep updating Dash as well, he'll go from normal, to high-res, to hand drawn.

Three weeks of work = One minute of gameplay D=

What are you doing that is making you go so slow? I can finish a good CTF map in a day.

More material! The NEW THZ:

GW419H313.png

Nope, not Blaze's Texture, my texture.

And speaking of textures:

GW637H158.png

Old Srb2 texture

GW256H256.png

Dash's World Texture

More comming soon!

I really like this, while I personally prefer a more cartoony look for Sonic, this looks really awesome.

Hmm... I found that you can fill with a pattern in GIMP even with an indexed palette. I personally try to avoid this cause firstly I wouldn't have actually made the texture myself, because I prefer a cartoony look for Sonic, and lastly, because it needs to be scaled just right so that it can repeat seamlessly. However there is a tree bark pattern that fits really well with your style, I could fix it into a texture and show you...

JEV3 said:
However there is a tree bark pattern that fits really well with your style, I could fix it into a texture and show you...
Sure.

This is a sample of a music replacement in Dash's World.

Here are some textures I fixed up using the GIMP patterns. I take no credit, these textures were not made by me, but were distributed with GIMP under the GNU free license or whatever.

Tree Bark

Rock Wall

Brick Wall

Marble Floor

(Yes these work with the SRB2 palette, which I added into GIMP color by color)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back