• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dash's World: Moving to releases/massive update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt custom music would be a problem if he changed the music files to the .ogg format.

Dash, what I meant was that your webpage was bland and disorganized. It has nothing to do with what browser I'm using (IE 7). Also, if your music doesn't have looppoints, you fail at .ogg format.

Segmint said:
Dash, what I meant was that your webpage was bland and disorganized.

It's not a real webpage, just a little html document on some else's server, when I add pictures, links and icons to it, it won't be so bland.

Depends, I start school in a couple of weeks so, if I don't get a beta out by then, it will be a few weeks. Once I start school I can only use the computer on weekends and holidays, so either in two weeks or a month, depending on how fast I can work, but don't worry, it'll be worth the wait.

Edit: Did I forget to mention that cutscenes are going to be animated
with custom sprites?: http://attachments.wetpaintserv.us/e2KM3vVMUARoUfmiMXo4WQ==3647

Dashfox, I can make several sectors, make it look fancy, throw in a few control sectors, and printscreen it. No difference between the sectors, nothing. That won't work for "progress."

Also, uh, cutscenes?

light dasher said:
3D models and custom lighting in OpenGL.

....Are you serious?

Yes.

BlueZero4 said:
Dashfox, I can make several sectors, make it look fancy, throw in a few control sectors, and printscreen it. No difference between the sectors, nothing. That won't work for "progress."

Hmm... The only reason I posted that is because you said:

I hate to say this, but do we get to see a download link? While we can all praise you for graphics, I'd rather see what you're doing with level layout.

Anyway, I'll just remove that picture and pretend that I never posted that....

BlueZero4 said:
Also, uh, cutscenes?

Yes, fully animated intro and credits with some cutscenes in between secret levels.

READ THE LAST PAGE.

DashFox2007 said:
Depends, I start school in a couple of weeks so, if I don't get a beta out by then, it will be a few weeks. Once I start school I can only use the computer on weekends and holidays, so either in two weeks or a month, depending on how fast I can work, but don't worry, it'll be worth the wait.

Good news! Mostly everything is finished! Except for the levels.....
At this rate, I don't think I'll finish in a long time but then again, I guess Rome wasn't built in a three weeks.

My posts keep on getting deleted for some reason, so I apologize in advance if I make an accidental double post.

Anyway, progress has been slow on the levels, I've only made three and only one is almost finished.

Let me post pictures of the HUD and a starpost:
http://attachments.wetpaintserv.us/FUhm+VIZaB01dWqnRUnDVw==114129

http://attachments.wetpaintserv.us/N7kFzkLo+xv7euJUxVjrjw==111588 Starposts are translucent when inactive then shoot out rings and become opaque when activated.

Tell me if removing certain parts of the HUD was a bad idea.

BlueZero4 said:
Are we, are we required to walk on the pipes?

Vulcan Forge Zone ftw! Just be happy that at least you wouldn't be jumping in between damaging falls.

DashFox2007 said:
BlueZero4 said:
Also, uh, cutscenes?

Yes, fully animated intro and credits with some cutscenes in between secret levels.

Oooh, I'd love to see these, I don't see enough decent cutscenes. (briefings (MR 4.4) don't count)

As for the recently released material, it looks great, I can't wait to see more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back