Cue's MS is back and NO LONGER UNDER CONTROLLED CONDITIONS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue

ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S
<strike>Yes, after much decision making I've decided to return my master server to you guys, but under controlled conditions. Please note this will not be a permanent thing, it may go back to normal eventually but for now it stays as is.

The controlled conditions are as follows:
  • Only a specific list of IPs are allowed to advertise on the master server.
  • To get on this list, you must prove your worthiness as a host, to be blunt.
  • Bans are still in place for server listing, for those of you who are on permanent bans.

So far, I have the following people listed down as able to host:
  • Cue
  • Flame
  • Ezer.Arch
  • BlueWarrior
  • Torgo
  • Mystic
  • The Official SRB2.org Server(s).
  • Blade
  • Kitsune
  • Chrome
  • luis90
  • Spazzo
  • Someone
  • FSX
  • Cheese
  • Autosaver
  • Senku
  • Titanium
  • MattW_CFI
  • Jellybones69
  • SonicX8000
  • Ghost_Zero
  • Donovan the Hedgehog
  • Prime 2.0
  • glaber
  • Nev3r
  • Mikel

If you believe you should be on the above list, please contact me via personal message. I will be adding support for hostnames soon, so please sort out a DynDNS account so I don't have to keep updating the list.

Good day to you all.

EDIT: Sending me a PM will get most of you in, since I will generally know most of the people who are active around here and will be able to judge them based on what I know of them and their reputation.</strike>

Guess what I've just opened up?

I've been keeping an eye on the SigSevCafe MS for some time, and have noticed that most of the trash don't use ms.srb2.org, so, since I don't need to keep it filtered now, the MS is back open for everybody to use.

Rules still apply.

Sounds like it could work. But it might be a good idea to post up this particular MS' address for people who changed it.

I may not know much about all the ban and kicking things, but I'm willing to get rid of any users who aren't respecting the Master Server. I'll even go as far as to kick people who ask for Roleplaying, I think it's boring and annoying, and I've never done it.

Maybe you have to spend a long time attending other people's servers and not being a n00b.

fawfulfan said:
Maybe you have to spend a long time attending other people's servers and not being a n00b.
I'm going with this theory. I'm glad this feature has been implemented, It would make it easier to find decent net games to play on.
EDIT: Well I have played on Chromes server and I have to say well done on this, their wasn't much lag, the game felt like fun and the people there were nice.

I'm assuming that you poke Cue with a stick (or a pm), submit the I.P address you want to be able to host, and then if you've been good he allows your I.P address onto the MS.

Sending me a PM will get most of you in, since I will generally know most of the people who are active around here and will be able to judge them based on what I know of them and their reputation.

Dynamic IPs generally have some sort of range to them, so Cue can easily whitelist the whole IP range.

What happens if someone(no not Someone) tries to host without permission? (I would try...but I don't wanna have a chance to get banned from the Master server)

Considering only people on the whitelist are able to host, I don't think it will be hard to moderate. Not everyone who lacks the privileges would be roleplayers/hangoutters anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem either way.

EDIT: See below. I misunderstood the question.

It's your responsibility to update me with a new IP when it changes, I'm not going to chase after you checking your current IP all the time.

srb2kirbyo said:
What happens if someone(no not Someone) tries to host without permission? (I would try...but I don't wanna have a chance to get banned from the Master server)

It won't show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back