Blaze the Cat RE WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The arms appear to curve around the head more than I believe you intended for them to... making it look more like a tails pickup frame than a falling frame. If you are looking for that downward-dive kind of look in Sonic Rush, then make her head face downards and make a noticeable difference in the positioning of the legs. Currently, its hard to tell that one is pointing downward more sharply than the other.

As for the arms, perhaps if you didn't make them go as straight up, it would look more natural and less like a Tails-pickup.

Make the lower shoe point almost perpendicular to the ground, that might reduce the Tailspickupyness too.

Woah, Blaze looks nice Dr.pepper keep up the good work, I havent posted in awhile but you've improved majorly. KnucklesRE...woah and this is the dude that said I dont think im going to do a tails and knuckles XD

Chrispy said:
If you're spending all your time on Blaze, how are you going to make KnucklesRE?
KnucklesRE is waiting in line right now, I work on stuff one thing at a time you know. :P Btw, awesome Knuckles avatar. XD
Nicky Clemente said:
KnucklesRE...woah and this is the dude that said I dont think im going to do a tails and knuckles XD
Yeah, it's hilarious how often I change my mind on things. :P I am not going to make a TailsRE though, there's no way I could draw a Tails sprite half as cute as SSN's official Tails. I suck pretty bad at drawing him anyway.
JEV3 said:
The arms appear to curve around the head more than I believe you intended for them to... making it look more like a tails pickup frame than a falling frame. If you are looking for that downward-dive kind of look in Sonic Rush, then make her head face downards and make a noticeable difference in the positioning of the legs. Currently, its hard to tell that one is pointing downward more sharply than the other.

As for the arms, perhaps if you didn't make them go as straight up, it would look more natural and less like a Tails-pickup.
It seems my memory of her falling pose isn't as good as I thought. >_> I'm going to take some screenshots of her falling in Sonic Rush through N0$GBA and use that as a reference instead of SonicRE's falling sprites.

BUMP:
Finished all of her running frames. There's still plenty of room for improvement on some of the angles, but meh, still mountains better than Blaze's current running sprites. :P I think I need to make the back-diagonal and side animations lean forward some more.
Q1-1.gif
Q2.gif
Q3.gif
4-9.gif
Q5.gif

The only one that looks natural is the back frames. The other frames don't have her moving up and down like she's running. You know, there should be extra frames for super running. You know, going really fast like in SADX.

I'll Begin said:
I like.

It's gotta fit into SRB2 anyway, since Blaze's actual walking animation from Rush probably wouldn't fit.
Heh, I was actually considering making her walk like she does in Sonic Rush, but didn't bother doing it for the same reason. :P
blargen said:
Wow this blaze is popular... I really don't see why it is... its just blaze. u.u
Just Blaze?! Are you kidding, she's the hottest thing alive! =P :shot: Really though, Blaze is in a lot of the newer games for a reason, she's getting more popular.
Violo said:
The only one that looks natural is the back frames. The other frames don't have her moving up and down like she's running.
If you haven't noticed, every other character WAD I've made already do the same thing as the sprites above. It's perfectly fine to do it that way, and nobody's complained about it so far. :P :shooped:

I still think she'd look better, cooler and more original if she was pacing up and down.

It was horrible to find out that we traveled in another dimension in Sonic Chronicles and didn't see Blaze. It torn me apart.

Dr.Pepper said:
Violo said:
The only one that looks natural is the back frames. The other frames don't have her moving up and down like she's running.
If you haven't noticed, every other character WAD I've made already do the same thing as the sprites above. It's perfectly fine to do it that way, and nobody's complained about it so far. :P :shooped:
I complained. It was before you released Blaze on the Releases section, I PMed you asking if I could fix it.

BLAZE ITS ONE OF THE POPULARS WADS IN THE WORLD AND THE WAD ITS GETTING BETTER. dont you think thats enough to be a popular wad?

This wad is popular because blaze is a character that has yet to be done, and we don't see much of that around anymore.

Change the shading in the *4*6 frames to make the hair seem to be moving a bit more.

That's a good idea Chripsy, (Bah, I keep wanting to type Nitro for some reason. :P) I'll go do that while I'm animating the back-diagonal walking sprites as well.
Chaos Zero 64 said:
I complained. It was before you released Blaze on the Releases section, I PMed you asking if I could fix it.
Actually, Blaze (the first and most hideous version.) was released at the time of the PM, now that I think about it. Almost completely forgot about it. Anyway, now that Violo isn't the only one who thinks the same, I guess I'm just being stubborn. :P I'll go try that then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back