Blaze the Cat RE WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hurt frames look better, but while the running frames look a little more natural, the tail still looks awfully stiff. This is also the same problem with the walk frames, where the tail appears to be immobile while she's blazing forward. Maybe part of the problem is the black outline, how does it looks with a normal outline?

The black outline does look unnatural, so I removed it from all of the sprites. I had also almost totally forgot about the tail's movement in the walking frames, glad you brought it up.
Sorry there's no transparency in the gifs, I feel too lazy tonight. :P
1-18.gif
2-11.gif
3-10.gif
4-11.gif
5-14.gif
Q2-2.gif
Q3-2.gif
Q4-1.gif

Is this better?
Also, I just got the front-diagonal spring-up sprite done. It might need more work though.
BLAZP1.png
BLAZP2P8.png

EDIT: Some work on her side diagonal spring-up frame is done. Although there's something I don't like about the eye.
BLAZP3P7.png

Probably the nose. Try making one black pixel in front of here nose or something, it'll probably look better. :P

It does look much better without the black outline. However, the back looks odd because there's no indication of the tail being there, and if there was, its not moving consistently with the other frames anyway.

JEV3 said:
It does look much better without the black outline. However, the back looks odd because there's no indication of the tail being there, and if there was, its not moving consistently with the other frames anyway.
I completely forgot about the back frames while making the tail move at other angles. How's this?
5-15.gif

Also, fixed the front-diagonal hurt frame with a better head:
BLAZ2-1.png

EDIT BUMP:
I got some work done on her front falling frames:
A1.gif

I really like the way this is turning out. Makes me sad that I can't enjoy this game online. I'd love to actually race someone, using Blaze...

Although... I'm not sure if it was pointed out earlier, but shouldn't the ends of her hair match the color of her tail? Or is the current color a design choice I missed the explanation for?

SpaceKGreen said:
I really like the way this is turning out. Makes me sad that I can't enjoy this game online. I'd love to actually race someone, using Blaze...

Although... I'm not sure if it was pointed out earlier, but shouldn't the ends of her hair match the color of her tail? Or is the current color a design choice I missed the explanation for?

There isn't enough purples to make her look good. If you notice, only the tip of her tail is purple. Wait... that reminds me. *runs off*

SpaceKGreen said:
I never really gave it that much thought, to be honest, so you didn't miss any explanations. :P SRB2's palette doesn't give me much to work with, so I thought since we have to use light-blue for her fur, that the hair should be blue also. This way, her face looks less like a patchwork of purples and blues that the last Blaze WAD was.
I left the tail purple simply because it looked better that way, and so her jacket won't be only thing that changes color. It helps people using lower screen resolutions in software mode to better identify team mates in the game. I would have her fur change color, but none of the colors go well with her jacket, so it looks weird. :P

I actually like the idea of the purple hair tips, but you can do whatever you want.

I'd probably try coloring the tips purple, but eh, it's kinda late to be trying that now. :P
Anyway, back at the WADBase, darkness claw had a drawing of Blaze for me to edit into a character select image. I shrank it to 128x128 pixels in mtPaint, then drew over it with KolourPaint.
blazegw2-2.png

How does this look?
EDIT: Oops, screwed up on the eyes a little, >_> fixed.

I'd actually like to see Blaze in some other pose. When I see her it's always your avatar or that.

Violo posted one of his own drawings of Blaze at the WADBase that I plan to edit for the RENET version. So yeah, she'll have a different pose, in one version or the other. :P Although if anyone else can come up with a better drawing, I'll try editing that into a character select image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back