Blaze the Cat RE WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
More sprites for you guys, I got the standing sprites done. The shading around her ears on the back frames may need more work, though, as she looks kinda flat. D:
BLAZEA1-3.png
BLAZEA2A8-2.png
BLAZEA3A7-1.png
BLAZEA4A6.png
BLAZEA5.png

Chrispy said:
Why does the tails have that weird dark outline? It doesn't fit in with the rest of her.
Oops, didn't realize that. :P I went back and fixed it.
rocky said:
The image of the blaze in the lifes has to be changed in his face
Duh, :P the current one is temporary until I can be bothered to replace it...and wait a minute, did you just say "his"?! O_O

The back corner looks odd. I think it's the either the eye or the hair is too far to the right

EDIT: Also, she needs some shine if possible.

Once again, Senku, you are a genius with the palette. :O That has to be the closest to Blaze's shoe colors we have.
Updated the back frames and changed her shoe color. What do you guys think of this?
BLAZEA1-4.png
BLAZEA2A8-3.png
BLAZEA3A7-2.png
BLAZEA4A6-2.png
BLAZEA5-2.png

The black outlines on her tail are back too, it looks more consistent with the rest of Blaze's body. I might need to use some brighter shades of blue on it, though.

The back Diagonal and Side frame's tail is too curvy. Make it more like a zigzag.

SpaceKGreen, I have been looking for a reference like that for ages, thanks! It's more than helpful, it's saved on my Ext3 partition.

Anyway, how's this?
BLAZEA1-5.png
BLAZEA2A8-5.png
BLAZEA3A7-4.png
BLAZEA4A6-4.png
BLAZEA5-4.png

Well the new blaze is going quick. :D
Wonder if you should post this in Wadbase?
The sprite that Senku posted means you have to change the side sprite as well.

That looks way better Senku, thanks. :P I highly doubt my new Blaze would be this hot without your help.
The current sprites as of now:
BLAZEA1-5.png
BLAZEA2A8-5.png
BLAZEA3A7-5.png
BLAZEA4A6-5.png
BLAZEA5-5.png

If everyone is happy with the current standing sprites, I was thinking of making a WIP topic at the WADBase, to discuss BlazeRE in further detail. Although I will showcase any major progress here, I just don't feel that I should use a release topic to discuss a WIP in full detail. :P

Please remember that this is not going to be a REmake, (Primarily because I'm not using anything from the original WAD at all.) but rather a REplacement for the current Blaze, just like how MightyRE was a replacement for MI's old (and no longer available...) Mighty. Think of it as an upgrade, because we all know the current WAD could be far better than it is now.
I also want to do some stat changes as well, so that she will actually handle more uniquely from other characters. (Meaning, she'll actually be unique in that respect.) Blaze currently handles with little difference from AmyRE1. :( That needs to be changed.

Those sprites look good. And how does she look sexy? She looks the same as always. It's not like you puffed up her you know what's and took off her pants.

I know that her breasts are slightly bigger in these sprites, (Strong emphasis on slightly, although it was for the sake of accuracy.) but how did I imply that I thought she was sexy? :P

Anyway I think I'll just leave this here...
BLAZEU1.png

Wow, I now notice that they are. And you know, this sprite is better suited to her age. She has no curviness in the Sonic games so this would be more accruate.

I think this beta is good enough to release if Dr.Pepper wants. I want to play with the beta. Its fantastic.

Those are only the standing sprites, nothing else of REplacement is done yet, except an unshaded super standing sprite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back