Blaze the Cat RE WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are those purple marks bothering you guys that bad? If I change their color, it will make it even more obvious that I'm not using Lavender for her fur. D: They were on Blaze's official sprites from the credits in Sonic Rush, so I originally thought those purple marks would help her look better.

So yeah, if you guys don't mind her looking a little more off in SRB2 than she already is, I'll change them to a darker blue, since I'm the only one here demanding they stay purple. :P

I think it's fine, the purple spots are good. The shoes just need to be a bit more pink. =P

Well guys, I almost had the WAD updated, (She just needed the boredom frames done) but the thing is...when I went to test it in-game...I was horrified by what I saw. The head movement looked gross, some colors were too bright in software, and a lot of other minor screw ups I don't want to go into detail about right now.
You just need to know that I thought it was detestable, if not even worse than the current WAD. I'll send the test WAD by PM to anyone who knows how to jump, but that's it, I give up on improving this WAD as it is now. It's impossible for me to fix. Yes, you read that right... >_>

...so instead of sowing seeds in a rock garden, I'd like to "restart" Blaze by editing SonicRE instead of SRB2 Sonic. This is what I have so far, and I think it's yielding better results:
BLAZEA1.png

What do you guys think?

Seems odd for some reason, might be the eyes.

Also this thing is NOWHERE in the pallete of SRB2 at all. x.x

image1ky1.png

Thanks for lowering her eyes Senku, I didn't realize they were too high. :P
BLAZEA1-1.png

And yes, these are in the palette, I don't know what program you're using to determine otherwise. :P They show up in XWE fine either way.

Still working on this one:
BLAZEA2A8.png

YesyesyesyeysyesyesyesyesyesyesYYYYYEEEESSSSYYYEEESSSS

That is really awesome. Continue plz. Thouse colors are better than I could have imagined them to be.

Dr.Pepper said:
BLAZEA1-1.png

And yes, these are in the palette, I don't know what program you're using to determine otherwise. :P They show up in XWE fine either way.

BLAZEA2A8.png

That front standing sprite looks great, except that I don't recall seeing Blaze smile (but that's probably because I haven't seen her in of the games she's in that me and my brother, which happens to be just Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity at the moment), and her shoes look a bit too purple.

As for the diagonal front standing sprite... it looks OK, but the bottom part of her hair on the side of her head looks too far down. Raise it up a little, and maybe it'll look better. Her tail doesn't look right, yet I can't tell why I think it doesn't. o_O I feel the same about her smile and shoes as with the front standing frames' smile and shoes.

Dr.Pepper said:
BLAZEA1-1.png

BLAZEA2A8.png

You've just made her sexy Dr. Pepper O.o

I got some more work on the standing sprites done. How does the side angle look?
BLAZEA1-2.png
BLAZEA2A8-1.png
BLAZEA3A7.png

For the first time ever, I'm actually happy with the front-diagonal sprite. I always thought it was hideous in the current WAD.
Chrispy said:
I liked the old eyes better. But it's still great.
I did too, but Senku's idea of sticking with the way the old eyes were shaped makes her look way hotter. :P :shot:
Monster Iestyn said:
That front standing sprite looks great, except that I don't recall seeing Blaze smile (but that's probably because I haven't seen her in of the games she's in that me and my brother, which happens to be just Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity at the moment), and her shoes look a bit too purple.
You're right, Blaze rarely smiles. Although she did a lot in SaMAtBO, (Man that's a mouthful >_>) and occasionally in Sonic Rush's story. Also, I thought it made her look cuter in these sprites, so that's why that's there for now, I may change it.
Monster Iestyn said:
As for the diagonal front standing sprite... it looks OK, but the bottom part of her hair on the side of her head looks too far down. Raise it up a little, and maybe it'll look better. Her tail doesn't look right, yet I can't tell why I think it doesn't. o_O I feel the same about her smile and shoes as with the front standing frames' smile and shoes.
I took your advise the above sprites, raising the hair up made her look a lot better. The tail wasn't right because I didn't finish it at the time. :P The purples are there for now unless I can find some darker colors, as I think they're too bright in Software mode.
Here's how she looks in game:
srb20000-4.png

srb20001-2.png

srb20002-4.png

Why does the tails have that weird dark outline? It doesn't fit in with the rest of her.

Nathan Speed said:
Wow, she's WAAAY too blue ingame. Add some blueish-purple shades in with it to give her a purple tint.
We're working with the SRB2 Pallete here, that's the best we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back