Not open for further replies.
Dr.Pepper said:
BLZEA1.png
BLZEA2A8-1.png
BLZEA3A7-1.png
BLZEA4A6-1.png
BLZEA5.png
PLAYU1.png

I can't see a difference other than color. The WAD is nice, though. I'm glad I have a WAD for my favorite character!

As for the palette, you might be able to change some colors to get a lavender color for Blaze. I have looked at the palette, and about seven duplicate colors are on it. I've changed the palette on the copy I have, and I can't really see any pallete problems in the game.

The differences aren't that noticeable, but you will see a number of improvements over the sprites in the first post of this topic.if you zoom in on the sprites and take a closer look. The current WAD is incredibly sloppy in my opinion, and the flaws are very hard for me to overlook in software mode, so I'm going to 'clean it up'.
Uber Shell said:
I've changed the palette on the copy I have, and I can't really see any pallete problems in the game.
You changed the palette in the srb2.srb? If SRB2 checks its own IWAD for any changes to its md5sum, good luck joining any net games. :P It would be better to hack up the neopal.wad for this instead.
nitro_the_hedghog said:
Well then just use a shade of blue.
You do know Blaze's fur color in this WAD is blue? Could I only color map the blue shades needed for the clothes, and it not screw up Blaze's fur color?
Btw, is it just me, or are there limits on the length of our posts now?

Dr.Pepper said:
nitro_the_hedghog said:
Well then just use a shade of blue.
You do know Blaze's fur color in this WAD is blue? Could I only color map the blue shades needed for the clothes, and it not screw up Blaze's fur color
Yes. You could use like 2 colours or even all 256 (liek Acidtails.wad) if you wanted to.

Dr.Pepper said:
You changed the palette in the srb2.srb? If SRB2 checks its own IWAD for any changes to its md5sum, good luck joining any net games. :P It would be better to hack up the neopal.wad for this instead.

No, I mean I have edited the palette on Blaze out of curiosity. I wanted to see if doing so would ruin the palette for the other objects or textures in the game. As I stated earlier, the palette contains about seven duplicate colors. All I did was change the duplicates.

Intriguing. I didn't think they had a limit, but then again I have not attempted to make a lengthy post. Out of curiosity, do you know what the limit is?

EDIT: According to Sonict, the limit is 1024 characters.

Luckily, so does he. he's pushing for the limit to be raised or removed.

Sonict said:
We are discussing about it in the Staff Lounge. I know there has to be some changes. 1024 characters is way too little

This already has been dealt with, and even if it hasn't it needs to be in the forum rules discussion.

This topic is for this character only, lets keep it like that.

Sorry. Curse my intellectual curiosity! Well, anyway, the only problem I find with the WAD is the jump height. Even though you set it above 100, the game sets the highest value available as 100.

I discovered that because while I was using it, I couldn't notice a change in jump height. I mean, in Sonic Rush her jump height was obviously greater than Sonic's (on a side note, when I was playing as Sonic to get the Emeralds, I had a very difficult time playing Dead Line to get the last one). When I compared it to Sonic's here using the background of Greenflower as a reference, I notice the change was non-existant. I went to heighten it, but after slighty increasing it a few times, I set it on 500, and there wasn't any change.

But that's a problem with the game, not your WAD. So, yeah. Great job.

EDIT: Oh, wait. There was the issue of the palette, but as I stated earlier, seven duplicate colors are contained in the palette. I have tested to see if changing Blaze's palette to make her lavender would affect the rest of the game, but as far as I can see, the effects of it to everything else are, overall, not too noticable.

Nice one! :D

Even if I still think that my dashspin mechanik would have been pretty suitable for her (points at his sig) but I guess the speed would screw it anyway so yeah... again: Awesome artwork.

I've made quite some progress on Blaze's makeover over the weekend and have a Beta for you guys to try. :D
I still haven't made her super form's tipping frames or finished working on other sprites, but so far it's much better, lots of problems have been fixed as well. What do you guys think of the changes? I'd like some feedback before the true and final release of Blaze, I want her to look as best as I can draw her before SRB2 1.1 is released.
Screenshots coming soon...
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fpn9bp4wmfh
I feel much better now that I had a break from spriting, I actually almost forgot I was working on Shadow. :P
nitro_the_hedghog said:
Dr.P, it's going to be a long time before 1.1 comes out. I hope you know that.
Don't think I don't know that nitro. xD

Why aren't her eyes yellow anymore? They're just black.

Edit: Never mind. That's the SRB2 style. Whatever. So, yeah. It's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back