Blaze the Cat RE WAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guys, I think I have finished Blaze for the last time. :D The only way to make more improvements to her would be to change the way the sprites are shaded, or start all over from scratch. The sprites are ready to be recolored into the 1.1 palette.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yj24yn2mw5g
Pics!!!
srb200175.png

srb200233.png

srb200204.png

srb20001.png

I was going to go with the sammich thing, but it didn't turn out the way I wanted, so I didn't add into the NET version.
srb20000.png

BLAZC2C8.jpg

BLAZB2B8.jpg

Possible Blaze Rider
BLZEA1-1.png

PS, I'm typing this from Ubuntu! (All thanks to the Wubi Installer. :D )
EDIT: Never mind, SRB2 is running just fine in WINE. :)

I'll Begin said:
You know, there ARE Linux versions of SRB2.
I was obviously requesting an Ubuntu compatible binary, until I discovered that it worked perfectly on WINE, I'll begin, don't think for one minute I'm that stupid. It's near impossible to find a convenient Linux package on the internet, compiling SRB2's source-code isn't easy, and WINE doesn't run it half as fast as it would in Windows. So technically speaking, there isn't a Linux version of SRB2. There are so many different distros and package managers, that would be difficult to officially maintain compatibility for all of them in one, or even 8 different Linux binaries anyway.
That was way off-topic, can we get back on the subject now? This topic has been derailed too many times.
How is the new Blaze WAD? Should I continue with the Blaze Rider?

If you want Blaze to be on the Riders mod, then you don't have to redo her in new clothes. If you still want to, then go ahead. If you don't have the time, or give up, then we can still use the current Blaze that you released.

AmyRE rider is already being worked on, just so you know. And ShadowRE isn't even done yet.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
If you want Blaze to be on the Riders mod, then you don't have to redo her in new clothes. If you still want to, then go ahead. If you don't have the time, or give up, then we can still use the current Blaze that you released.
Amy has her clothes from Sonic Riders, so I thought Blaze should too. Changing Blaze's clothes to the suit she wore in SRZG isn't hard for me to do, it's just making her board and drawing her at all 8 angles that won't be easy.
Also, Shadow's running frames aren't needed to make a Shadow Rider, so anyone can start on a new Shadow Rider right now since all of the other frames are done in the latest beta of ShadowRE. Once ShadowRE is done, I'll get started on the Shadow and Blaze Riders.

I remember see Blaze in Sonic Riders Zero Gravity with different clothes, but I don't remember how is her clothes

This was the reference I used for Blaze's rider suit...
BlazeSRZG.png

Now we just need a pic of her board, the Flame Lance, for reference.

DP, when shadowre is finished and when you make the shadowre rider, are you going to set shadows board as Blackshot from SRZG or his Darkness' from Sonic riders?

Shadic_the_Human said:
DP, when shadowre is finished and when you make the shadowre rider, are you going to set shadows board as Blackshot from SRZG or his Darkness' from Sonic riders?

Darkness is a type of flying shoe, not a board, so maybe is better use that Shadow's board that CZ64 made.

Shadic_the_Human said:
I'm going to give him his sunglasses from SR and the board from the old Shadow. I'd rather not put him in air skates, because anyone who doesn't know much about Sonic Riders will just wonder, "What is up with his shoes?!"
Back on topic, this is what the Blaze rider will look like before I draw her board. What do you guys think?
BLZEA1-2.png
BLZEA2A8-2.png
BLZEA3A7-2.png
BLZEA4A6-2.png
BLZEA5-1.png

Slight Edit Bump:
I got bored and have been trying to simulate how Blaze would look with the color palette in the next version of 1.1. Since I'll have to manually recolor all of the sprites to take advantage of the extra purples in the palette, I've been playing around with the colors I might use, how would this look? (The picture's clearly shopped, it's just to give you an idea of what it'd look like in-game)
If everyone likes it, that means when it's nearing May, I'll already conveniently know what colors to use. :) I just wanted to go ahead and get that cleared up before then.
Desktop6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back