Anyone planning to do anything special for SRB2ME's release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MattW_CFI said:
Chaos Knux said:
Die-war.wad, Prismatic Angel, Die-war's enemies in Prismatic Angel.
None of those will help you. I'm damn good at PAZ, if I do say so myself; and it still took me ~25 lives to pass ERZ1 on my first attempt.

And like I said, it's WORSE now.
I bet I can get it with ONE life using only GOD mode and NOCLIP!

Gemini Spark said:
Are Detons in Egg Rock? Then I could understand how it would be impossible for Sonic in Ultimate.
Detons are no threat at all if you ignore them, from my experience. When I'm bored and taking the long path in THZ2, I just move as if ther weren't any enemies and don't get hurt. When I try to kill the Detons on purpose, I get hurt. ;_;

Rob said:
Oh, I did neglect to mention one little detail.
You must be playing as Sonic in Ultimate.
So..... Is ultimate unlocked by default this time? Unless it is we still have to go through on Very Hard to unlock it.

I plan on spending all SAGE playing Touhou games, just to be different.

Edit:
Wait.
JEV3 said:
1. Find new and creative ways to die in Egg Rock Zone
2. Wait for Spazzo to have one too many, and then post the log in IRC Quotes
3. Complain about the visual overhauls I never had time to make
4. Play Touhou
5. Get some popcorn ready as everybody else finds new and creative ways to die in Egg Rock Zone

That should cover all of the bases. After the initial stuff, I can try making levels with the new custom textures I have at my disposal.
Damn you JEV3!

glaber said:
So..... Is ultimate unlocked by default this time?
It's a cheat code now, so you don't have to unlock it anymore. It is completely unfair, though, so I highly suggest you don't mess with it until after beating it several times normally.

oh, I think I know why Rob wants us to play as Sonic.

There will be a Doomsday-esque zone, but you cannot replenish your rings because it's Ultimate mode! =D

MattW_CFI said:
Chaos Knux said:
Die-war.wad, Prismatic Angel, Die-war's enemies in Prismatic Angel.
None of those will help you. I'm damn good at PAZ, if I do say so myself; and it still took me ~25 lives to pass ERZ1 on my first attempt.

And like I said, it's WORSE now.

I wonder what would happen if I beat it on ultimate with no lives and no cheats? >:D

I have beaten HORRIBLY EVIL LEVELS! before. this shouldn't be any different... or will it.

I've beaten unfair mario world mods for emulators without dieing, sadly I can't record those victories cuz of bad screen recorders. Unless someone can give me a FREE screen recorder that DOESN'T screw up the frame rate and records sound, I wouldn't be able to show my feat.

Mystic said:
glaber said:
So..... Is ultimate unlocked by default this time?
It's a cheat code now, so you don't have to unlock it anymore. It is completely unfair, though, so I highly suggest you don't mess with it until after beating it several times normally.
So when do we find out this cheat? Sometime in game? Wiki reopening? Forum post?

Jacy said:
I've beaten unfair mario world mods for emulators without dieing, sadly I can't record those victories cuz of bad screen recorders. Unless someone can give me a FREE screen recorder that DOESN'T screw up the frame rate and records sound, I wouldn't be able to show my feat.

Record a demo, problem solved.

What makes ERZ so hard? I mean, I could easily create a difficult level filled with jettysyns and 32 x 32 moving platforms over a large death pit, but that wouldn't be fun at all. At least tell me this level is fun... D=

sb said:
I plan on recording my first attempt at Eggrock, just to see how and where I die.
I was planning on recording my first run through the game normally, and first run on Ultimate.

But now, since we found out that it's a cheat, maybe those will be the same thing...

ERZ is hard because it uses a ton of gimmicks and features you've never seen before and expects you to be good at SRB2 while dealing with it.

For instance, it'll show you reverse gravity one second and then expect you to do complicated platforming with it the very next. Another example is when you're thrown out into space and need to find air quite quickly to avoid instant death to space countdown. There are tons of areas where you're introduced to a new concept and then expected to come up with what you're supposed to do about it really quickly. That's what makes ERZ so hard, and also what makes it so awesome, because you're constantly being thrown at completely new hazards and things to avoid.

Kaysakado said:
oh, I think I know why Rob wants us to play as Sonic.

There will be a Doomsday-esque zone, but you cannot replenish your rings because it's Ultimate mode! =D
I notice this has not been answered.

STJr doesn't want to lie but doesn't want to tell the truth either. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back