Anyone else disappointed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ritz said:
but it's pretty apparent now that SRB2 will yet remain dead in the water.

Someone's taking things way to seriously, also its only your opinion wether the level designs suck, I think the level design's amazing, its not the end of srb2 or anything like that, there are others who will continue and finish the official levels, and with the new enemies and level textures, the amount of people creating their own levels will increase, and so will the creativity of those levels (hopefully). I fail to see how srb2 is "dead in the water".

fawfulfan said:
Um...do you love it or hate it? You seem to be saying both.
Sciky said:
Someone's taking things way to seriously, also its only your opinion wether the level designs sucks, I think the level designs amazing
Neither of you know how to read properly.

Personally, I thought that Deep Sea Zone was amazing, but opinions vary too. It had an amazing atmosphere to it, just what you'd expect from an ancient partially-flooded huge ruin.

CEZ1 however was weird.

Ritz said:
fawfulfan said:
Sciky said:
Someone's taking things way to seriously, also its only your opinion wether the level designs sucks, I think the level designs amazing

He's not complaining about the game, he's complaining about the community's mostly-negative reaction to the new release, and his points are valid.

Walan said:
Ritz said:
fawfulfan said:
Sciky said:

He's not complaining about the game, he's complaining about the community's mostly-negative reaction to the new release, and his points are valid.

Well, it's to be expected that we get SOME backlash after a release drought of 3 years. You can't like EVERY new feature, can you.

Also, holy hell Walan and Ritz

Axxhelairon said:
I was blastin through, feeling like superman, then all of a sudden, im repeating the same level over for two hours (with multiple paths taken and special unique paths for each character to take designed for them in mind). I think a nice way to help it would be that the difficulty should be overall increased for each level as to not take such a huge leap. Same kind of goes for the special stages, a few changes, then at the end, my very own prismatic angel zone with moving platforms.
The difficulty spike in ERZ is because there's actually a non-existent zone in the middle that isn't there yet. Dark City is supposed to be after Red Volcano and before Eggrock, which is why there's a large spike in difficulty level between RVZ1 and ERZ1. Dark City doesn't exist yet, though, so the curve kinda takes a spike because of the lack of the zone being there.

Special Stage 7's difficulty spike is absolutely intended though.

What is wrong with you guys? I don't care how hard ERZ is, I don't care if I can't save every act. I love this. If you don't like the SP campaign, go play match. Stop being so ungrateful. >:|

Kitsune said:
What is wrong with you guys? I don't care how hard ERZ is, I don't care if I can't save every act. I love this. If you don't like the SP campaign, go play match. Stop being so ungrateful. >:|

Excuse me for having an opinion.

Anyway, I'm at Egg Rock Zone, currently. It took me 30+ tries to get past ERZ1, and the three times I've tried to do ERZ2, it sigsevs.

So far, I've hated the enormous amount of lag...in Ubuntu. I switched over to XP and the game played near flawlessly, which was some much more enjoyable.

i actually like this release. the enemy's are a step up from crawla's being everywhere, and the new kinds of gimmick's such as the reverse gravity and the chains are rather creative, and the new levels stop the game from being too short.

the only complaints that i have are the save system,[spoiler:8c32a61428] the length of the water zone (forgot the name), and the fact that the giant robot at the end has no obvious weak point. i have tried to beat it over and over, but i don't know how to hit it.

over all, i give 2.01 an 8.9/10[/spoiler:8c32a61428]

If we have to have the new save system, do what Valve did and have the old system co-exist with it.

^Your right about it having no obvious weak point. You have to use the white rockets to kill it OR jump over its head.(Which is impossible during its 2 last hits)

What REALLY get me on my nerves is knuckles. His jump height is so low that you have to climb certain ledges to get up. This makes him SO tedious to use. As the original levels intended every character to have been jumped over.

And theirs two Knuckles emblems in GFZ 1 for some reason.

glaber said:
Since everyone knows the location of those emblems. They arn't spoilers, are they?

No, me and about a hundred other people don't know where they are. Don't spoil it. I'm not backseat moderating, I just actually don't want it to be spoiled for me

Yes, you people may find disappointing things about this game, but I'm pretty sure you'd still think that this piece of work is just utterly amazing.

As for me, I do have nitpicks about combining a new save system with a version that crashes a whole lot - expect your game to crash whenever you finally get that 7th emerald... oh, and who was the genius that pretty much rendered us unable to use first person in Time Attack? As if the new longer, drawn out levels don't hurt the replayability of that enough, the lack of being able to have full control options in a mode that can thrive on whole centiseconds of play renders TA a chore.

Some of the time (Deep Sea Zone) the level design seemed too reliant on all the fancy new gimmicks rather than traditional good level design. Beyond the water slides and... water level rising, the level felt empty and uninspired. Some of the time (Arid Canyon Zone) the level design is just absolutely gorgeous and extremely well done, using the gimmicks to enhance the level rather than make it.

Still, how could you NOT LIKE this release? My lord.

No spoilers.

The emblems were mostly moved, glaber, so no, they don't know where they are.

I find the complaints about the new save system to be honestly downright absurd, considering we're doing the same thing Sonic 3 did. The other Sonic games didn't even let you save at all. The save system we've had has always been way too generous. What do you want now? Savestate keys? Try searching out extra lives and hidden items so you have enough lives for Eggrock later.

Now, I WOULD like to see a better interface for the save select like Sonic 3 had, but the interface doesn't appear to be what people are complaining about.

Guys, I don't think you understand, but saving after every act makes the Continue feature completely useless. What if you game over in Egg Rock Zone Act 2? This is where a Continue would play in.

Mystic said:
The emblems were mostly moved, glaber, so no, they don't know where they are.

I find the complaints about the new save system to be honestly downright absurd, considering we're doing the same thing Sonic 3 did. The other Sonic games didn't even let you save at all. The save system we've had has always been way too generous. What do you want now? Savestate keys? Try searching out extra lives and hidden items so you have enough lives for Eggrock later.

Now, I WOULD like to see a better interface for the save select like Sonic 3 had, but the interface doesn't appear to be what people are complaining about.

Sonic 3's Levels were shorter and your emeralds were Saved. Here the Emeralds reset with the progress.
EX:SRB2: you have 3 emeralds at the start of the zone, you game over after getting emerald 4 and have to get emerald 4 all over again.
S3Alone: you game over after the 4th emerald, you keep the emerald, your level progress resets, and the big rings you've jumped into so far don't show up again.

:SonicMaster: edited said:
Guys, I don't think you understand, but saving after every Zone makes the Continue feature completely useless. What if you game over in Egg Rock Zone Act 1? This is where a Continue would play in.
It woks this way too.

At least Sonic 3 had the No Save Option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back