Action Replay

Status
Not open for further replies.
1-Up said:
Chaos Knux said:
aidgonewrong said:
Well I found out that they are going to do a Wii version on Action Replay.

Never gonna happen.
Step 1: ARWii released
Step 2: You buy it.
Step 3: Nintendo includes a software update in the Wal-Mart load of games.
Step 4: You install it.
Step5: Everytime you AR, you get Rickrolled.

There is an "Action Replay" out for the Wii. Through homebrew, GeckoOS can be used to send debug data to your pc with a GeckoUSB and you can create codes from it. For people who don't have a GeckoUSB you can use Ocarina Youtube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCbrAsecIUQ

I put Ocarina on my SD Card and I put it in my Wii and nothing happened. If someone can help me I would love it!

fun fact: Do you know the cheat device for the Wii is on the hombrew channel its only works if you have the SD card a USB Gecko and a copy of Twilight Princess with the Twilight hack then you should get the hombrew channel in your SD card and there you go, you got your own cheat device called the Ocarina.

TheFamiconMan said:
fun fact: Do you know the cheat device for the Wii is on the hombrew channel its only works if you have the SD card a USB Gecko and a copy of Twilight Princess with the Twilight hack then you should get the hombrew channel in your SD card and there you go, you got your own cheat device called the Ocarina.
You don't need the USB Gecko to use Ocarina. Read some previous posts will ya?
In fact,
Ocarina webpage said:
If you have a USB Gecko, please get Gecko OS and WiiRd, otherwise Ocarina will be sufficient!

I'm not trying it now, but I think that it won't work because when new channels are installed it has to write to a special set of data, but this is a non-official, hacked channel, so it may work. The fact Nintendo didn't release it actually make the likelyhood of this working higher.

Look what we have here :
http://www.ghosteo.net/0809/shadow-and-metal-sonic/
metalsonic_006.png

Wait, what? How do I do that??? =P

I used AR in DX once to unlock all characters, (it was after I finished my first save file) the game is unbelievably screwed up. The train station stays forever on strike..

F.A.Q:

I want to make my own custom textures, how does this work?
The basic process involves using tools available such as SSBExtract to extract the texture files and edit them. They are then recompressed into Brawls special format using tools found in the Revolution SDK. I made a guide a while ago, but quite a few errors were found so I removed it. I will post it again after I make some changes.

Do I need a modded Wii to run this hack?
YES, you will need a modchip installed in your Wii (THIS IS REQUIRED, I can't say it enough).
In addition to the modchip, if you have updated your Wii to the latest firmware you will need the Homebrew Channel and a homebrew program called Gecko Region Free, which is found on the Homebrew Channel website (you do not need USB Gecko). If you haven't updated your Wii to the latest firmware, the modchip is all you need.

Does this hack work on Wifi?
The game should run fine on wifi and you will see any texture hacks that are on your disk. However, the people online will just see a regular character. i don't recommend playing on wifi, but being a 360 owner has made me paranoid.

Can I add new textures to the game, or just replace existing old ones?
With everything I've done so for, only existing colors can be replaced. However, I believe that it may be possible to use a USB Gecko to load completely new textures into the game. I don't have a USB Gecko, so it's just a theory.

Can character models be changed in any way?
Short answer, no. Long answer, I don't know but it is extremely unlikely. So far no one has figured out Brawl's model data. As I mentioned before I want to try to swap a character model with another existing in the game. The odds of it actually working though are slim to none.

Is it possible for this to do any damage to my Wii?
No. The worst that could happen is that the Wii freezes when trying to use the hacked chaaracter if it was done incorrectly. It will be fine on reset.

_Manic_ said:
In addition to the modchip, if you have updated your Wii to the latest firmware you will need the Homebrew Channel and a homebrew program called Gecko Region Free, which is found on the Homebrew Channel website (you do not need USB Gecko).
Okay, but would you start the homebrew before installing the modchip, and afterwards would it be impossible to update?
EDIT: Okay, I went to that thread and it's crap! They guy who came up with this, he doesn't tell what to do at all. All he says is modchip, homebrew, and SSBExtract. He doesn't tell what type of modchip, exactly how to get the textures off SSBB, how to get them on, when to run the homebrew on the Wii, nothing!

USB Gecko isn't a modchip. A modchip is something you install into the Wii itself. To install a modchip you have to solder it to the motherboard. The USB Gecko isn't a mod chip, and he even said you don't need the USB Gecko in the FAQs.

The reason you might need GeckoOS is that 3.3 blocks trucha signed discs.
However, I don't know what is used exactly in this method of texture swap. I assume that you backup/download a brawl iso. Then open it up and find the right .bin file and use that program to replace the texture. Afterwards you would have to burn it to a double layer dvd and play it with a modchip. Like I said before, I really don't know why you would need GeckoOS.
The people over at usbgecko.com are attempting to find a way to load textures into the game through the USB Gecko.

Edit: I just went and read some on that site, and yes v3.3 or higher would need GeckoOS because they use trucha signing with those hacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back