Stuff to put in 1.09

Status
Not open for further replies.
SRB2-Playah said:
A super-ultra-cheat-of-awesomeness that only works for me would be cool. *shot*
It'd help if you told him what this super-ultra-cheat-of-awesomness did. Personally, I'd have it pop up and say "Meh!" before tossing a bust of Van Buren at you, or maybe have its head explode several times (not gory, brains going everywhere explode, more wind up kinda charred explode), or flash his gold tooth at you, or...

Wait, cheat, not THE Cheat. Right.

Other than that... I understand we tossed in slopes not too long ago; how exactly would those work?

Heres another cool idea for single player...

Lets say you just finished GFZ act 1 with an electric shield. Why not have the electric shield "go on" with you? I mean like whatever shield you finish an act with you start of with in the next act? That would be cool. :D

EDIT: another idea! Im not sure if its been said before, but what ever happened to "sideways" springs? you know that give you a burst o' speed? those would be cool to implement.

A few "easy" ideas for 1.1:

* Boss Mode: Just all the bosses one after another with only 3 lives. It could be unlocked (and unlock something else).
* Special Stage Mode: Same idea but with Special Stages. It could be a good training for those who have problems with them.
* All emeralds since the beginning: Last thing unlockable could be this. When you end the game is really boring to collect all the emeralds again only to see SSonic... Give this feature somehow and delete all emerald related cheats :D
* A cool feature with SSonic could be the old thoks (you could use that thok thing more than one time per jump).

RedFox34 said:
Super Sonic getting the multi thok would be cool.

I second that :D
Heres another cool idea for single player...

Lets say you just finished GFZ act 1 with an electric shield. Why not have the electric shield "go on" with you? I mean like whatever shield you finish an act with you start of with in the next act? That would be cool.

EDIT: another idea! Im not sure if its been said before, but what ever happened to "sideways" springs? you know that give you a burst o' speed? those would be cool to implement.

any comments on it?

I think the only reason Sideways springs aren't in was because they only needed the graphics...
Wasn't foxUnit01 supposed to be doing those graphics, or something?

With speed pads and bouncy sectors, I'm not so sure that you need sideways springs.... any ideas on how they would be beneficial?

md2.jpg

Happy?

Go play Wizard.

It's looking more and more like OpenGL will be THE way to play SRB2 in the near future.

...assuming MD2 support is OpenGL-only, like slopes are.

Waaaait a seccond...
Those textures look wrong. And, the perspective is all off. Add that to the difference in texture offset (I think), and what SSN has there is an SRB2 imitation mode in Wizard.

... Am I right, SSN? *does research*

Lemmeguess... OGL exclusive, no? If so, then you are seriously dissing the poor, lonesome player (a.k.a. me) who can't play in OGL because of older hardware. If that picture's real the way I think it is, then SRB2 will only work on the newer computers and not the older ones. One of the big reasons why I like this game so much is that it'll run on pretty much any machine regardless of hardware, but if you make some important things only avalable in OGL, then some people will not be able to use / see / play them, and if they're important to the gameplay, e.x. slopes, then the level may not be completable in software, thus making the game seriously unfun.

*coughcoughconfailscoughwhencoughplayerscoughplaycoughoglcoughvscoughsoftwarecoughcough*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 21, Members: 0, Guests: 21)

Back